If you like tennis

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

If you like tennis

Postby Pepper Pig » May 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm

I hope you’re watching BBC1 right now!
Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: If you like tennis

Postby suffolk » May 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm

:bounce: :hi5: :luv: :tu:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 21st, 2019, 9:54 pm

Saw that and changed channels, I get fed up with Wibbledon and the following tournaments - Yawn... It interferes with Doctors :?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 22nd, 2019, 6:43 am

Zosh ...as well as some good (and hysterically funny) tennis and lots of reminiscing, you missed one of the best performances of Nessun dorma since Pavarotti ... I’ve always loved Joseph Calleja’s voice ... but hadn’t heard him perform that one before .... WOW!!! :kneel: Thanks for the heads up PP. :tu:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 22nd, 2019, 8:06 am

We have tickets to Wimbledon this year, the last Saturday :bounce: :bounce:

Instead of coming home we are staying over and planning a trip to Kew on Sunday.

Anyone have any recommendations of where to :hungry: ?

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 22nd, 2019, 8:10 am

I don't think anyone who likes watching tennis or any other ball sports can imagine what it is like for those who don't. It would have been nice to hear Joseph Calleja though.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am

Depends on where you are staying BB, where is best to eat. Don’t think you will want to go too far back to your bed somehow
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 22nd, 2019, 11:30 am

Sorry, should have said ....... staying in Chiswick.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » May 22nd, 2019, 11:40 am

suffolk wrote:Zosh ...as well as some good (and hysterically funny) tennis and lots of reminiscing, you missed one of the best performances of Nessun dorma since Pavarotti ... I’ve always loved Joseph Calleja’s voice ... but hadn’t heard him perform that one before .... WOW!!! :kneel: Thanks for the heads up PP. :tu:

He was amazing wasn’t he? And such a nice guy. 8-) 8-)

Can’t help BB. Don’t know that neck of the woods at all.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 22nd, 2019, 12:08 pm

No, too far west for me to have much of an idea about Chiswick, though I suspect there should be a few decent places, it's that sort of an area

I looked at the Time Out guide and realised I have in fact been to La Trompette, which is good but pricey and I prefer it's big brother Chez Bruce slightly - going there in a couple of weeks

I haven't been to the Chiswick Foxlow, it's a small chain, an offshoot of Hawksmoor, and I liked the one I went to, been copying their chilli mayo ever since

https://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/chiswick-restaurants
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 22nd, 2019, 12:52 pm

Thank you Sue, Chiswick Foxlow is quite close to where we are staying. Although I do note that the steaks come from a farm not far from here so it will be a little bit coals to Newcastle :lol:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby aero280 » May 22nd, 2019, 2:17 pm

I worked at the north end of Kew Bridge for some years. I'm a bit out of date now, but some of the pubs did good home cooked food, but if you wanted something a bit more upmarket, the restaurants on the south side around Kew Green were good with plenty of competition. And there were some nice pubs on the north side to the east along Strand on the Green.

We used to eat in the Express Tavern, straight ahead on the north as you cross the bridge, it won prizes in the Camra Good beer guide and the food was basic and good. But I know it's changed hands since I retired. The development around the north-west of Kew bridge is all new since I retired.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Return to The Coffee Shop