Back from absence

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Back from absence

Postby Kavey » August 11th, 2019, 7:58 am

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long!

As many of you know, we moved from London to Wales in February. Since then we've been busy with unpacking, doing stuff to the house and the enormous garden, and getting settled in.

I found a new job really quickly, and started that in mid May, so I'm full time in work. It's a permanent role (I've been contracting for nearly 2 decades), working in the Office for National Statistics, so I'm a civil servant now. Loving the job but quite tiring, full time again. Job is based in Newport so only half an hour commute rather than the 1.5 hours each way that I was doing in latest London contract.

A lot of our weekends have been hosting friends and family, we can't meet up for an odd lunch or dinner anymore, as we live so far, so it's the whole weekend more often.

I've been struggling to find time to blog at all but managing a few, particularly restaurants in our local area. We are very close to Abergavenny, a great foodie area.

We've also just put our standalone annexe onto Airbnb, I'll link it below, it's just gone on so very few bookings so far, trouble is we can't get ratings until we get bookings but a lot of people don't like to book somewhere with no ratings! If you know anyone looking to visit the area, please pass our listing on to them! https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36994896
Kavey
Registered

Re: Back from absence

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 11th, 2019, 8:18 am

Oooh, that all sounds lovely Kavey :tu: … and you now have the lifestyle a lot of us dream of. Good luck with Airbnb too :hi5: :bounce: :hug:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby dennispc » August 11th, 2019, 8:31 am

One of our family have an en suite room for airbnb. Started about three years ago and now has a few regulars. It does take time. All the best to you and with the job.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 11th, 2019, 8:38 am

Looks lovely Kavey ... I’ll certainly pass it on to folk heading in your direction :D
It’s good to hear your news and that life is so positive
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 11th, 2019, 9:12 am

Glad to hear that all is well and that you are now a civil servant. The shorter commute does make a difference doesn't it.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 11th, 2019, 9:20 am

Lovely to hear from you Kavey and how exciting about the job.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 11th, 2019, 9:44 am

Have you been to Heaney's in Cardiff yet? My son has been a couple of times and reports that it is excellent.
My son used to work at ONS before moving on promotion to the Insolvency Service, he found it a lovely & friendly place to work.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 11th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Oooh, annex looks fab Kavey! My dearest friend has relatives near Brecon and does go down there from time to time so I shall certainly mention it as she and her partner would love that. :luv:

Glad to hear all is going well. We've followed your example and relocated to Cumbria so we can compare notes :wave:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » August 13th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Glad to hear you´ve settled in , Kavey.
And glad to see you´re back!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop