CHATTERBOX LXXXVII Xander

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: CHATTERBOX LXXXVII Xander

Postby cyprusmoira » December 4th, 2019, 9:40 am

I promised a friend a jar of Mango Chutney, I checked the chutney cupboard which is in Deb's bathroom owing to lack of space. We only have a couple of jars of mango chutney :o :o :o . I was forbidden from making more chutney last spring although I did manage to squeeze in some Apple & Cranberry in September. I shall wait for mangoes to be on special offer.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 4th, 2019, 10:04 am

The surgery does phone calls from doctors instead of an appointment if appropriate. They can get through more that way. The doc will be discussing test results (which I already know are nothing to worry about). I don't think that could be done very successfully and confidentially by text! I like the idea of the texts as you describe though. We are supposed to be able to make online appointments but there are never any available so you have to phone. I have discovered they release all available slots on Friday afternoons and people swoop on them like pigeons thrown a handful of seed :rolleyes:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 4th, 2019, 10:07 am

Good morning
Didn’t get my second parcel yesterday, as I popped to the corner shop and of course he came while I was out. Expecting him to try again today , and there’s also a table lamp coming from Wayfair’s Black Friday sale. Pleased to have my parcels early, I hadn’t appreciated until after I ordered they weren’t expected to arrive in the usual couple of days. My friend’s parcel containing her husband’s present was apparently delivered to Mr B in Buckinghamshire, she’s Mrs S of Sussex and she’s not happy.

Lovely sunshine here.
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » December 4th, 2019, 10:26 am

a few years back we had a cheese delivered to a paint suppliers up north (by dhl i think) a couple of months after it should have been delivered to a home address in hertfordshire for christmas. it was a cornish blue. when they phoned, we told them that if it was still edible they could keep it - and also if it was inedible.
scullion
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 4th, 2019, 10:55 am

Good morning everyone,
Wet, windy and cold here this morning.
Thankfully I had no nocturnal calamities last night, I made sure to return my bedtime :mug: to the kitchen before I went to sleep. ;)
The deliveries I was expecting all arrived safely but not until later in the day so I've yet to set up the KitchenAid, I think I might need to borrow my nephew's muscles as it's heavy and too big, I think, to sit on my trolley zimmer but I'll see how I get on. I also have a fridge full of butcher meat to portion and squeeze into the freezer, I suspect that may be easier said than done!
The boiling beef yielded lots of lovely stock, a big wodge of dripping and more meat than I expected it to :) . I'll use some of the meat and stock to make a cottage pie for dinner. I've not had this for a while so looking forward to it. :chops:
This afternoon I need to check I have everything in order with the out of school club accounts as I'm meeting with the Independant Examiner to do the final scrutiny and hopefully get them signed off tomorrow. I was pleased as out of a £70k+ turnover we were only £5.45 out over the full year - I can live with that :D .
liketocook
Registered

Postby aero280 » December 4th, 2019, 11:27 am

We get texts from the GP too. It must be automated. When I went to book a flu jab, the receptionist said the the nurse could do be right away. As I was walking down the corridor to the nurses area, I got a text reminder of my appointment!! :)
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby StokeySue » December 4th, 2019, 11:50 am

I get texts from my GP now. I think Dr P’s son has taken over the practice and updated the system

I got a parcel I wasn’t necessarily expecting today, a signed copy of MiMi Aye’s Mandalay cookbook, signed to the person who will get it for Xmas. She also enclosed my first Christmas card of the year. :D

Waiting for the other two though
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 4th, 2019, 12:04 pm

I get texts from the hairdresser but not the doctor or dentist. Said doctor has phoned, I'm not expecting any more parcels, there's a chicken doing nicely in the slow cooker and the sun's out! I'm off for a good walk.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 4th, 2019, 2:09 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

Today is Ste Barbre, the day on which Provencal Christmas starts. The wheat is soaking to go in three saucers which will be tended and cherised until Chandeleur on February 2nd. If we managed we'll have good luck and prosperity through 2020.
We start, or course with a general strike tomorrow.No post, schools, trains, buses. civil servants.pharmacists etc etc. Incidentally I got an abject appology from M&S and a €25.00 gift voucher.

It's a lovely day however but Jean-Paul's spring is still flowing, He said that the last time it happened was in 2008. Jules is demanding some wellies from Christmas so he can walk across the yard.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 4th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Well, Royal Mail have been, Amazon have been, just waiting for Wayfair, who I thinkis often late for the sensible reason he takes his break during the rush hour when parking bays are suspended, and then delivers after office hours. Trouble is, I want to go out on the 17.30 train.
Have finally finished the last oddments of the kitchen deep clean / declutter. Just got to clear up the mess that has drifted into other rooms
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 4th, 2019, 7:13 pm

earthmaiden wrote:The surgery does phone calls from doctors instead of an appointment if appropriate. They can get through more that way. The doc will be discussing test results (which I already know are nothing to worry about). I don't think that could be done very successfully and confidentially by text! I like the idea of the texts as you describe though

Ah, that makes sense ... :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 5th, 2019, 6:13 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, we seem to have had a surprise shower, nothing was forecast. The airing on the back balcony is decidedly damp :o I knew that it should have been bought in last night.
No parcel delivery here, no grocery delivery either, even the pizza delivery will not come up here. It's a hard life ;)

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 5th, 2019, 8:16 am

Good morning wild ones. It's raining :rolleyes: shopping day again, we are down to one carrot and half a broccoli floret :o I also have to collect prescriptions and pop in to the hairdressers for a patch test, my hairdresser has retired so the new people have changed supplies so I need to check I don't get a reaction to the stuff they will be using. :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 5th, 2019, 9:12 am

Morning all! :wave:. Another lovely day but it feels a bit chillier. Seems the nice weather will turn to rain on Friday here, I had planned a day out with a friend in Winchester which we have now postponed. A Christmas market in the rain did not appeal.

A day of appointments today, dentist hair etc. Gets them out of the way at least! Had better get moving.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 5th, 2019, 9:25 am

Good morning
Grey and grizzly here but brightening
At least the new hairdresser is thorough icey

Shopping day here too

Big TV report on la grève , the French strike, :wave: Ratatouille

Shopping day here too, very little left, need all the basics.

My final parcel did come yesterday - while I was showering and changing to go out. I didn’t here him but he left the package on the door mat, which is quite certainly if you are sure there’s someone in.

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 5th, 2019, 9:49 am

Good morning all :) :mug:
I’ll try not to spread my germs ... I didn’t go to tennis yesterday as I was coughing and sneezing and I didn’t want to spread any germs as there’s someone there who doesn’t need to catch a cold. I was right ... this has turned into a yucky sore throat, gunky head and a bit of a temperature. Hope I haven’t already given it to any of you lot ... my ears are sore too :rolleyes:

OH has supplied coffee and paracetamol... honey and hot lemon will be provided in a bit. He will cycle down to Wrose to get tins of soup for lunch and will assemble a kedgeree for supper. I have loaded the washing machine and have been sent to the sofa :rolleyes: Stand well back .........
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 5th, 2019, 10:08 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Not much happenening here as you may guess. The French are happily engaging in their favourite National pastime. The ridiculous thing is that 68% believe that Macron is right and reforms are needed - just as long as it doesn't put them out. All we can hope is that cool heads prevail and the anarchists don't take over.

I wish I could knock heads together both here and in the UK and the USA. There seeeeems to be a major failure of simple common sense and courtesy.

I hope you feel better soon Suffs, A miserable time to get a cold. Mr R is going to make a solo dash to the supermarket this afternoon. It's no good going this moring there won'd be anything on the shelves.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 5th, 2019, 10:09 am

Stay on the sofa, please Suffs. The Christmas visitors will be bringing their nasty foreign bugs with them in about two weeks time :rolleyes:
Clementines are E2 00 for a 2 KG bag here

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 5th, 2019, 11:36 am

Good morning everyone,
Hope yoy feel better soon suffs :hug:
It's wild here this morning, we have a weather warning for wind & rain for the next 36 hours before it blows itself out. When I saw the forecast yesterday I did a check that everything outside that needed securing had been and made sure the indoor log stack was replenished. Apart from a quick bin run I can hopefully avoid having to venture out in it.
Accounts as far as I can see are ready for the final check and signing off so fingers crossed I've not missed anything. Despite the fact I've been doing this for 18 years I'm always very relieved when they are finalised and submitted to the Charity Commission. All being well I can get them uploaded tomorrow.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 5th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Wet and windy here too.

We went for a fell walk yesterday, the mountain forecast having promised a weather window before wet & windy weather came through late in the afternoon. It was clearly moving more quickly than anticipated as we well and truly caught it. Horizontal sleet and too windy to stand up properly so we turned around just before the summit. Just as well as we were both blown over by a particularly strong gust on the way down! :lol: Still drying everything out...

EM- I've never been to Winchester Christmas market (it didn't start until long after I'd left home) but I've heard it is a good one. Do let me know how it was if you and your friend do manage to visit.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 5th, 2019, 3:28 pm

The fell walk sounds a bit grim Seatallen! I've been to Winchester Christmas market twice before, it's beside the cathedral. The first time we went (maybe 10 years ago?) was best. Last time it didn't feel quite so good but it was still nice with plenty to see. I feel the same about Bath though which I've been to most years - the first time is always the best because you haven't seen it before. We hope to go in a couple of weeks.

I've braved the dentist, hairdresser and a bit of shopping. I got the new hygienist I don't much like and told her she was fierce last time when an opportune moment arose. She was much nicer after that :lol:. The weather has turned cold and nasty and the rain's about to start :(. I think I might write Christmas cards and get them out of the way.

Stay snug in the nasty weather - especially those with lurgies :hug: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » December 5th, 2019, 11:05 pm

I'm down in Devon for a couple of days. A bit drizzly, but rather cosy and warm after Hertfordshire! Briefly saw 13ºC on the temperature gauge in the car. :)
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2019, 6:16 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, a quiet one here today, off to Pissouri as usual later. I wonder how many will turn up this time?

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2019, 6:33 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
A better night thank goodness but throat and ears still sore and yucky.
12C here this morning as well Aero ... looks like we’ve got a few days of mild weather.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2019, 7:10 am

Glad that you are feeling better, Suffs, my sympathies about your ear trouble, I always get that problem when I have a cold.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 6th, 2019, 7:59 am

Good morning wild ones. It's raining but it's not cold this morning. I have ironing mountain to clear this morning :rolleyes: The supermarket was really busy yesterday even at 9am, they had only opened four tills and the queues were back down the aisles. Everyone was complaining, the supervisor just said sorry this is all the staff we have available. It was the same last year right up to Christmas eve, they never learn, but we come to expect it from Morrison's these days sadly.
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2019, 8:24 am

Morning all! :wave:. Morrisons are pretty bad round here in comparison with other supermarket choices (and we are lucky enough to have plenty of choice). The one down the road, which only opened a couple of years ago, has closed.

I assume it's raining but haven't looked yet. How nice it would be if it was warmer but sunny 8-). This was the day I was originally going out with friend so now have a spare day. I shall wrap the few Christmas presents I have already bought and work out what still needs doing and watch for a break in the rain for a walk, then I won't feel guilty sitting at the laptop writing or practicing Photoshop later. I would like a luxurious comfy office chair.

Have a good day, glad you had a better night Suffs :hug:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2019, 10:00 am

Morning everyone :wave:

It's an absolutely lovely day and we seem to be on child supervision duties because of the strike. However they are happily sweeping leaving, cleaning out the hens and stacking wood.
Apart from the senior school being closed, the distruption is patchy here. The Post lady is working but the post office is closed. The Mairie is closed but Isobel, the secretary is answering the phone from home!

The hotheads had their day throwing things in Paris and Nantes yesterday. Sonia says their wives will get them in order before Christmas. She was horrified when I told her about the Waspie women here and what has happened to them - without any real protest.She thinks we're all too polite.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 6th, 2019, 10:16 am

Good morning
Wet and windy here but not very cold and drying up, so I can resume my Friday walks to the market
My activity monitor had got wet and stopped working, but I dried it out and it has restarted, so I can test it on the walk
Good that the snufflers are beginning to feel better :tu:

Better get going, got lots of small things to do today
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 6th, 2019, 10:33 am

Good morning,
The storm seems to be dying back but my it was fierce while it was in full blow. There were a couple of loud crashes outside lat night but having had a check this morning it doesn't seem to be anything on my property that blew off our over.
The school club accounts were signed off last night as I had hoped, today I'll get them scanned and uploaded onto the charity regulator website. It's so much easier now that you can do it online with scanned originals than the previous clerical process was, so fingers crossed it won't take long.
My grocery delivery should arrive in the next hour, I've just used the last of the milk in a :mug: so hoping it's not delayed unexpectedly!
Like Sue the rest of my day will be on lots of small jobs that seem to have accumulated.
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2019, 10:42 am

Hmmm .... you know you're poorly when you think you're quite capable of doing something simple ... something easy that you do most days, like baking a loaf of bread, especially when the Kenwood does all the kneading ... after all, all you have to do is put the ingredients in the bowl, unleash the Kenwood for ten minutes then put the dough to prove in a tin and bake it eh?
But then you discover that because you're poorly and not doing things as well as you normally would, you tip half a bag of flour onto the kitchen floor and there's no one in the house but you to clear it up ... :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2019, 10:57 am

Go back to bed Suffs!!!!

ltc - you must be so pleased to have got those accounts done. The very thought of accounts fills me with horror.

Shame we can't have a good political debate here - I have very strong opinions about the Waspi women thing which seem to be the opposite of most people's, even though I am one - but won't get started..... ;).

Really came back to say I saw a piece on TV news last night about parcel deliveries, which we've all seemed to suffer with in some way lately. They were showing the things that delivery people do in desperation, such as hurling fragile items over walls or leaving in dirty dustbins. I really feel sorry for them, many people are out during the day without there being a place to leave parcels. They mostly have huge rounds to get through with timescales. The whole system is crazy. The ones where you can request the parcel is left in a local locker or shop make so much sense if there is not a reasonable place to leave them. To soley blame the delivery driver isn't really fair. It is so easy to order something without thinking you might be going away for a few days or something and estimated delivery dates aren't worth the paper they're written on sometimes. It would be good if couriers had a local office you could collect from- a lot of ours are despatched from places like Bristol which is 50 miles away.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2019, 11:11 am

DHL have solved the parcel delivery problem here, they don't deliver, neither do they inform you that your parcel has arrived. Luckily I know to use their tracking service, I phoned them and was told that I needed to collect it myself
AS you may guess there are a lot of WASPI women here.

Moira'
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 6th, 2019, 11:58 am

EM, I have fond memories of Winchester cathedral grounds. Used to hang out there on summer Saturdays when I was in my teens :D .

Suffs, definitely get back to bed and stop trying to do things. You'll only make yourself feel worse. I prescribe a cup of coffee and a book. :hug:

It is Mr S's birthday today. We're eating out tonight at our local (foodie) pub and really looking forward to it. Friends are joining us and staying over so should be a fun night.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2019, 12:30 pm

I'm on the sofa with a bowl of soup now Seatallen ... bread is out of the oven ... I'll stay on the sofa ... don't like being in bed when there's no one else in the house ... probably weird but ....
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 6th, 2019, 1:06 pm

earthmaiden wrote: I have very strong opinions about the Waspi women thing which seem to be the opposite of most people's, even though I am one - but won't get started.....

i'm one, too.
i don't think the movement of the age is unfair - on average women live longer than men. i think the unfair part was the lack of adequate warning for some to prepare - especially as women's average wage is lower (and with possible time out for child rearing) and therefore possible pension pot, too.

i don't think the subject is political - it's more a social one.
the changes would have have to come in whichever political party was delivering the news.
it's sad that the whole system of equal pay, equal child responsibility, equal recruitment etc - just isn't.
it's a catch 22 situation. if creche facilities were available - for free - to all workers then maybe a fairer system could be a possibility.
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2019, 2:09 pm

I agree scully. For many women it was a very tough thing. For many others, like me, it was just an inconvenience but meant I earned and paid into my work pension for longer. It was fair to bring women in line with men (they fought for equality after all!) and not surprising that the pension age was increased. That some women didn't seem to know is something that needs investigation, I felt that I knew but perhaps some older than me had less notice.

Obviously for those who had long term retirement plans with older partners must have been very unhappy, also people with disabilities or declining health which made their jobs much harder as the years went by have suffered for sure. I would say to that many women of our generation stayed at home to run the home and look after children and then elderly relatives etc without a carers allowance and may not have collected enough points for a full pension, something I don't think was highlighted enough as the system changed some years ago.

I would like to see payments made to affected women who need them - ie for reasons of health or potential poverty but can see the criteria would be hard to decide. A recent calculation table showed that I would get £28,000 over 5 years if a current proposal to pay out were to come to fruition. I am not rich but I would rather see my share and the share of all the women who can manage on what they have, go towards the health and social issues the country faces. I would also like to see a system where over 55s could be offered employment more suited to their age without forfeiting their work pension in cases where the job is clearly more suited to a younger person. I think they do something like that in Japan. I know, pigs might fly!

Whilst creches are valuable, to be free right from birth would not be cheap and would encourage more parents to spend even less time with their tots. Not sure if it's a good thing right across the board or not. I can't imagine how hard it is working when you have a baby or tiny tot.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Provision for maternity leave and then child care are much better here in France. The strikes are about retirement age which is some cases is still 56.and not a single president so far has managed to alter it It has been thus for years. Many of the population agree in principle but even many of them have been out there with their placards. The French don't like even the slightest change - you don't get lunch at 1.45 because it is served from 12.00 until 1.30. You can't epect the baker to have fresh bread in the early afternoon - or even to be open. That's how it is.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby scullion » December 6th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Ratatouille wrote:The strikes are about retirement age which is some cases is still 56.and not a single president so far has managed to alter it It has been thus for years. Many of the population agree in principle but even many of them have been out there with their placards.

it will change when the young finally revolt over paying for fit and able bodied shrinkies to do nothing for nearly half of their lives!
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2019, 3:16 pm

I was interested to know what the pension arrangements were and found this interesting https://www.pensionfundsonline.co.uk/co ... france/117 . I like that they take into account adverse working conditions, I do feel that it is an important factor when calculating retirement age. It's not nice to be affected by change but nowhere in the western world can really go on basing things on a time when average life expectancy was shorter. There really is no need for healthy people to retire from all kinds of work and receive full state pension until at least 65 even though they might like to!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2019, 8:15 pm

I think one of the main reasons the French young go along with the early retirement is the high rate of youth unemployment. Employment laws are such that it is very very hard to get someone out of a job once they are there.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby scullion » December 6th, 2019, 11:11 pm

Ratatouille wrote: Employment laws are such that it is very very hard to get someone out of a job once they are there.

so true, friends of ours have almost decided to wind up their business due to their one employee refusing to do major parts of the job he was taken on for and after taking them to tribunals etc.
he has said he'll go if they pay him three grand or more - he's done it before, to other employers, and started the proceedings three months after starting the job.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » December 6th, 2019, 11:28 pm

was i the only one counting the 'get "breakfast" done' repetitions in the bbc debate? one from kgm, 15⅔ from the mop haired, melty snowman in a suit - that made it one every four minutes. glad we weren't playing a drinking game.
(nearly twenty, in total, since midday.)
scullion
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 7th, 2019, 7:03 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, we went out for Fish & Chips last night, it seems to be run by someone new but there are no notices to that effect. There is a new menu, new staff but we were unable to check if George was still in the kitchen, the portions of fish were definitely smaller

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 7th, 2019, 7:36 am

Morning all! :wave: Shame about the fish Moira, hope it tasted as good as before.

I've given up on all the political broadcasts. I can't believe they're going to say anything more than they have already, they're all nuts, heaven help us.

I'm off to DDs for the weekend, might get some sea air. Had better get dressed. Hope everyone has a good weekend and that the lurgies are improving. :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 7th, 2019, 8:24 am

scullion wrote:was i the only one counting the 'get "breakfast" done' repetitions in the bbc debate? one from kgm, 15⅔ from the mop haired, melty snowman in a suit - that made it one every four minutes. glad we weren't playing a drinking game.
(nearly twenty, in total, since midday.)

Get "Breakfast" done :o I have just had mine thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 7th, 2019, 8:31 am

Good morning wild ones. It's like a summer's morning here (well, like we had most days this year) :rolleyes: I have turned the heating off :o
I didn't watch the political debate last night, I am sick of hearing the same old fodder over and over again. I will be glad when it's all over on Thursday, although I am sure we still have days of statistics thrown at us after. :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2019, 9:05 am

I had a night of two halves ... the first half was horrid, tossing and turning and coughing. The second half was deeeeeep sleeeeeep until just now. At least I feel a bit rested ... but now I have a really rattly chest
We have sausages in the fridge so OH can rustle up sausage egg chips and beans for supper; there’s the second half of a tin of soup for lunch and at least we have plenty of bread now so an easy lunch is catered for.
I shall stay on the sofa ... I wonder if I’ll do some knitting ... I’ve not felt like it for the past couple of days which is very unusual for me. I could start writing the Christmas cards ...

Unusually for us (we're a very politically engaged family - phone calls from DS wouldn't be complete without a political discussion, even when there's not an election looming) we didn't watch the debate ... I have a postal vote so I've already voted and OH has made up his mind ... we're voting tactically this year so there's no point in watching a programme that we know is going to be full of lies, bluff and bluster on one side and frustrating on the other ... not good for my temperature. :rolleyes: We listen to the Today programme every morning which is dissecting it thoroughly, and there'll be plenty of commentary available throughout the day should I want it. We watched enjoyable indulgent rubbish instead of the patronising annoying stuff and then I went to bed early. :
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2019, 9:05 am

I had a night of two halves ... the first half was horrid, tossing and turning and coughing. The second half was deeeeeep sleeeeeep until just now. At least I feel a bit rested ... but now I have a really rattly chest
We have sausages in the fridge so OH can rustle up sausage egg chips and beans for supper; there’s the second half of a tin of soup for lunch and at least we have plenty of bread now so an easy lunch is catered for.
I shall stay on the sofa ... I wonder if I’ll do some knitting ... I’ve not felt like it for the past couple of days which is very unusual for me. I could start writing the Christmas cards ...

Unusually for us (we're a very politically engaged family - phone calls from DS wouldn't be complete without a political discussion, even when there's not an election looming) we didn't watch the debate ... I have a postal vote so I've already voted and OH has made up his mind ... we're voting tactically this year so there's no point in watching a programme that we know is going to be full of lies, bluff and bluster on one side and frustrating on the other ... not good for my temperature. :rolleyes: We listen to the Today programme every morning which is dissecting it thoroughly, and there'll be plenty of commentary available throughout the day should I want it. We watched enjoyable indulgent rubbish instead of the patronising annoying stuff and then I went to bed early. :
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 7th, 2019, 9:42 am

Deb from is back from a quick trip down the hill, she visited Sigma Alpha, they are actually importers/ wholesalers who opened in a small supermarket a couple of years ago, an excellent source of hard to find imported goods. She bought a couple pf packs of frozen British sausage meat, so it will proper sausage rolls for Christmas. She also bought some frozen crumpets.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop