[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - AND HERE WE GO!!!!

AND HERE WE GO!!!!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: AND HERE WE GO!!!!

Postby Rocky » November 4th, 2019, 11:05 am

I’m very envious of anyone who is entitled to vote. I have never been anywhere where I have that entitlement. I’m Irish but haven’t lived there since I was a child. I’ve lived here for ten years but am not eligible to vote. I hope I end up someday with the opportunity :D I watch it all with a keen interest though!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 4th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Gruney, I have nothing against the scouting movement (though I think dear friend's son rather enjoyed the Woodcraft Folk, which after all is a similar outfit really). I was a Brownie and a Guide for a while (before I discovered boys and alcohol :) ) and I enjoyed it very much. Glad that you were a scout-master. I always rather fancied being a Brown Owl but don't suppose I ever shall be. :D

Re the 'snowflake' thing- it is difficult to know where the balance is isn't it? I can certainly remember having far more unsupervised fun as a child than I think most children do now (I grew up in a village which probably helped) and we did chuckle recently when we encountered a school group out for some sort of outward bound type thing in a local wood all wearing hi-viz jackets and tied on to some kind of rope thing to keep them all together. Anyone would have thought they were making their way through an unexplored part of the Amazon basin. But I suppose the adults supervising school/child parties have to make sure they're fully covered for any mishaps.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 4th, 2019, 1:02 pm

We are watching our neighbouring constituency of Uxbridge and Ruislip very carefully. Boris is the incumbent there and has a majority of ony 5000. It's predicted he might jump ship and stand somehere safer.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Gruney » November 4th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Gruney
Registered

Postby Busybee » November 4th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Sea - the scouting and guiding community are always short of adult leaders, id bet if you volunteered you would have your hand bitten off!

It’s also a great way to integrate into a new community. My sister has never left the guiding organisation since joining as a brownie, guide, ranger guide, brown owl and now rainbow leader. I volunteer to do the books for the local rainbows.

When you live in a rural community these are sometimes the only activities on offer.

Like Gruney my Dad still has his woggle and grey itchy scout blanket/poncho on which all his badges are sewn. He is a lot nearer 80 than 70!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 4th, 2019, 1:31 pm

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 4th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Ooh er. :o
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby aero280 » November 4th, 2019, 2:36 pm

aero280
Site Admin

Postby earthmaiden » November 4th, 2019, 2:58 pm

earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » November 4th, 2019, 3:27 pm

If Boris jumps to a "safe" seat, he would do well to remember Patrick Gordon Walker. :o

Although there are suggestions that he will stay with Uxbridge & Ruislip, and, if he loses the seat, he will attempt to continue his political career by appointing himself Lord Johnson and running things from the House of Lords, even as PM if the Conservatives have a majority of the seats.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » November 4th, 2019, 4:27 pm

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 4th, 2019, 5:05 pm

Seatallan
Registered

Postby Gruney » November 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Gruney
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 4th, 2019, 7:00 pm

:luv: :tu: Thanks Gruney- bet you were a wonderful scout-master!
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Gruney » November 4th, 2019, 7:26 pm

:oops: Thanks.
Gruney
Registered

Postby dennispc » November 5th, 2019, 11:46 am

Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 5th, 2019, 12:14 pm

I hadn't seen that before. I'm not sure what I think about it. I have no objection really to each party selecting their own people, I think the alternative stated could be manipulated to please those unlikely to vote for that party in an election (I.e. choose the worst person so they might get fewer votes at election time).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 6th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Some things never change :lol:
(A caption from a Roman exhibit).

20191105_130714.jpg
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » November 20th, 2019, 1:30 pm

There is some strong advice from The Guardian today, aimed at people who will be abroad at the time of the election.

If you want to vote, get a proxy vote and not a postal vote. Postal voting forms will not be sent out until 3rd December. This gives little time for the forms to get overseas and be returned in time for the vote to count. Only nine days with a weekend in between.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... stal-votes
aero280
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop