[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Postby scullion » December 18th, 2019, 4:34 pm

there, you had your chance - now i need a coffee to recover!
scullion
Registered

Re: Chatterbox lxxxviii ygraine

Postby aero280 » December 18th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Welcome to ygraine! :)
aero280
Site Admin

Re: Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Postby scullion » December 18th, 2019, 4:50 pm

have a good evening with the baby - bad mother that i am i'm off out to party.
don't get her over-excited.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 18th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Well done Scully :cocktail: :cocktail: (mind you, you'd better save them for later ... you're driving :lol: )
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 18th, 2019, 5:46 pm

At last! Thought scully's baby would never arrive. I have been monitoring proceedings whilst going round some of the Cotswolds on the bus.

It's been an excellent day with Downton Abbey this morning and a successful shopping trip this afternoon. I am beginning to wonder why bus companies bother publishing timetables though.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 18th, 2019, 5:54 pm

What a lovely name! Congratulations Scully :cocktail: :cocktail:
How is it pronounced?
KC2
Registered

Postby Gruney » December 18th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Gruney
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 18th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Thanks Gruney! I thought it might be one of those like Grainne :lol:
KC2
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 18th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Good evening everyone,
Welcome Ygraine - I know they encourage Mum's to be as active as quickly as possible after giving birth but off to a party.... :lol:
Between grocery deliveries, visitors and more Nephew coaching today has flown past. The only "task" I managed to get done was to give my living room a thorough damp dust, I even shifted the furniture to get at all the woodwork. Once the decorations go up it will be a quick once over only of the bits folk see if that until the New Year!
My visitors were the two managers from the out of school club bearing a lovely festive pot plant as wee thank you for the support I give them. Certainly not needed or expected but lovely to receive. :D
My non-perishable festive food stocks are now complete as far as I'm concerned anyway, my son will no doubt be qyick to tell me if he thinks something "essential" is missing though in fairness will go and purchase it. (The joy of having financially independent rather than dependent offspring :D ). He arrives tomorrow and with my sister's house move due to take place on Friday it's going to be a hectic time. As my ability to help with the move is non-existent the least I can do is keep folk fed until they find their feet. I probably won't get much chance to post so in case I don't manage to I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas :xtree:
liketocook
Registered

Postby aero280 » December 18th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Ygraine was the mother of King Arthur, and also, among others, Morgan le Fay.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Grasshopper » December 18th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Really? The things one learns on these boards! (says she who posts random factoids every December ;) )
Just two more shifts before I break up for Xmas and have two whole weeks off! :woohoo:
Farewell fuddle for a colleague tomorrow - she's retiring after many years service. I don't find goodbyes easy :cry:
Btw for those of you who might not know what a fuddle is - it's a sort of buffet with all sorts of tasties :chops:
Time to hop off now.
Nit nit
:bounce:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 18th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Hello Ygraine!
Good night all. Shattered. Sleep tight
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 19th, 2019, 6:27 am

Good Morning Wild Ones and welcome Ygraine
Deb bought another set of fairy lights, this set has a integral timer , it turns itself off after six hours. It turned off at 11 00pm, we are now waiting to see if the lights come on at 5 00 pm today.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 19th, 2019, 7:59 am

Morning all! :wave:. How decadent Moira :lol:. Saves grovelling for the plug.

Interesting news re Mr Trump. I wonder what will happen now.

Busy day ahead shopping, meeting someone for coffee and preparing myself and some pot luck food for a Christmas thing tonight. Unless I decide to play with gougeres, the food is going to be quick and easy.

I forgot to say that I too hope that Rats is doing ok and being looked after in whatever is the best possible way. :hug: :hug:
Last edited by earthmaiden on December 19th, 2019, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 19th, 2019, 8:16 am

Good morning wild ones. Welcome Ygraine well done Scilly :hi5: that's an unusual name, where does it come from ?
shopping for me too today, the last one before the big day, I am hoping it will be quite and I miss the mad rush that will no doubt last until Christmas eve. :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 19th, 2019, 8:37 am

Icey - read back to aero's post!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 19th, 2019, 9:02 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Sending :hug: and :wave: to Rats ... hope she’s ok.
It’s OHs birthday today and he’s at home ... he’s not sure whether he wants us to go out for the day or stay at home and paint ... he’ll decide over his porridge. :D
I seem to have tweaked my sciatic nerve ... it’s quite ‘OUCH!’ :o I shall do my best to ignore it :rolleyes:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 19th, 2019, 10:04 am

Good morning everyone,
Ouch suffs - sounds as though you need OH to give you a nice massage to "untweak" it :hug:
I hope Rats is ok :hug:
We had a pretty fierce storm overnight but it seems to have blown itself out this morning. It's much calmer, dryish and a good bit milder. I'm enjoying a lazy :mug: before I contemplate my "to do". As the next few days are going to be hectic I'm making the most of any calm moments I can. :D I'm making stovies in the slowcooker for dinner which wll let me got on with other stuff while they cook. I really must crack on with my present wrapping and see what else I can get out of the way before my son arrives mid-afternoon.
liketocook
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 19th, 2019, 10:09 am

Hello everyone and especially to Rats :wave: :hug: , hope nothing will spoil her Christmas

Grey here and there has been a lot of rain. Think there’s more to come.
Having a quiet day with a haircut thrown in.

Have a good day everyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 19th, 2019, 10:11 am

Our water pressure is very low, I hope that this does not forecast the water going off all together, luckily I have already done two loads of washing.
The Christmas weather here looks fairly dire, last year we had a drink outside before Christmas lunch but not this year I fear. In the past we have taken the dogs for an (illegal) walk on the beach. There have been several groups drinking champagne :cocktail:

Any news from Ratatouille

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 19th, 2019, 10:44 am

Hope your water gets sorted quickly Moira.

The day is now quite grey and damp ... OH has decided he wants to stay at home and paint ... that’s fine by me ... I shall make a batch or three of pastry for sausage rolls and mince pies. The kitchen and the studio are adjacent so we’ll listen to the radio together.
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 19th, 2019, 10:59 am

scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 19th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Oooh a M&S hamper full of goodies including a bottle of port, some Stilton and a fig relish have just been delivered courtesy of a dear friend. We hadn’t decided what to have after our lobsters on Christmas Day ... now we have :tu: :drool:

I’ve made two batches of rough puff (1lb flour each batch). Half is in the fridge and I’ll make sausage rolls freeze and take to DD’s on Sunday ... it’ll help her out as she’s very busy. The rest has been divided into two and frozen for later. Time for a coffee methinks :mug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 19th, 2019, 12:11 pm

just as an aside to the trump news - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmMUznSig3I
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 19th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Welcome Ygraine! :wave:

Anyone read 'Mists of Avalon'? Loved that book. Best retelling of the Arthurian story ever. :luv:

Any news of Rats? Getting proper concerned now....
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » December 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Just been to a funeral at the parish church where Patsy lives. The deceased was the man who taught my husband how to make violins, I didn't know him. It was a terrific funeral though. Hymns and a Christmas carol, lovely family recollections, and the 1812 overture complete with cannons as the coffin was carried off for burial. :lol:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Busybee » December 19th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 19th, 2019, 3:48 pm

StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 19th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Sounds a brilliant send-off PP and a lovely church from how you and Pat have described it too.

Lucky you Suffs! The hamper sounds :chops: .

Rather like the Trump one - more so than the Boris.

Roads and supermarkets are heaving round here, I have lost the will to shop and come home after a cuppa putting the world to rights with a friend. Now to get organised for tonight. I am doing IKEA croustade cases filled with piped chive cream cheese and a salad with all sorts of bits in it topped with mini mozzarella balls. A rather easy option this year!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » December 19th, 2019, 5:10 pm

i think 'spring' cleaning should be renamed advent/christmas cleaning. it's when i seem to have to do it.
i don't know if it's the chocolate and sugar overload from yesterday or from the thought/doing of the hswk but i've got a headache.
i want some house elves. at least the vacuuming was done by 'the sucker' - maybe i'll call it 'dobby'.
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 19th, 2019, 5:17 pm

MIL always liked Christmas because she put masses of decorations out quite early and said she didn't have to dust until they came down (not sure I dust that often anyway :lol:). It's preparing bedrooms for guests, even DD, which is a real chore.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 19th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Funeral sounds like a good’un PP

I have found that I have to polish the silver and brass before I put up the tree or they look very tarnished next to tinsel and baubles

It’s not a huge job ;)
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 20th, 2019, 6:22 am

Good Morning Wild Ones from a waterless Souni, I will ask Effie, when she arrives if she has any news. We could call in the Village Office when we pass it but I am certain that they will only tell us that they are waiting for a pump to be replaced. The office has probably sent a text message but that will have gone to our landlord.

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2019, 6:32 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Plenty of water here Moira , falling straight out of the sky and running down the road ... you’re welcome to as much as you like :rolleyes:
I hear there’s a lot of water down Scully’s way too ... she may have to borrow a boat to travel south out of the village :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 20th, 2019, 6:43 am

Effie phoned the Village Office, it is a damaged water supply pipe "down in the dip". I know where they mean, we will be passing there later on. I shall check progress
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 20th, 2019, 7:59 am

icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 20th, 2019, 8:01 am

Good morning wild ones. Friday again. I have a hairdresser appointment at 9.15, New girl, my usual has retired. I hope it goes ok. :shock:
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 20th, 2019, 9:21 am

Morning all! :wave:. Raining cats and dogs here too. Seems many places which haven't yet flooded may do soon as river levels rise. I do wish we could send you some, Moira! Even more I wish we could send some to Australia

Our little party last night went well with the pot luck supper working out very well. The little IKEA croustades are rather nice and taste like crisps. They go soggy very quickly when filled though, I did mine with cream cheese, just before I left the house and we ate about an hour later, they were just starting to go.

I have a whole day to myself!! Had to get up early to move the car but now shall nurture my cold and cough (which Lem Sip is still keeping at bay to an extent) and have a good tidy up and Christmas review.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 20th, 2019, 9:58 am

Have you noticed that Boris tidied his hair whilst trying to be elected and has now gone back to the mop look? I hope that no-one's choice was swayed by the temporary look! :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2019, 10:09 am

His hair is definitely thinning ... let's hope he's not tempted by the Trump Comb-over :terrified:
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 20th, 2019, 10:42 am

scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » December 20th, 2019, 10:43 am

scullion
Registered

Postby aero280 » December 20th, 2019, 12:00 pm

That map is completely illogical.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm

suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 20th, 2019, 12:12 pm

A bit simplified I think but I'm glad I live at the top of a hill. Perhaps I should get a canoe.

This morning a 'to let' sign appeared outside a house over the road. The agent has already shown 3 separate people round it. They must be desperate for their commission.

Someone last night showed a video that her sister had sent whilst driving in the Hayle area, the water was starting to lap on either side of the car, I think she abandoned her journey.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » December 20th, 2019, 12:15 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 20th, 2019, 12:31 pm

I am having such a lazy morning I stumbled across the ITV morning programme whilst searching for radio (I know, I am not good at finding programmes :lol: ). They are featuring the footballer Chris Kamara who has brought out a Christmas album for charity. I had heard he had done so. He used to play for our local team about 30 years ago - I dropped things off at his modest house from time to time. I always felt they were struggling both financially and with the trials of having a young family. I would never in a million years have imagined him launching quite a passable singing career!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Didn't I see him on Strictly at the weekend? He's a bit of a star ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 20th, 2019, 12:44 pm

We have water, the pipe was repaired this morning. The water came back more quickly than we anticipated, because of gravity the lower village are last to loose their supply and the first to get their supply back. There is a load of washing in the machine.

An update on the water supply, we now have an overflowing water tank on the roof. The water has been turned off at the mains. Deb phoned Kyriacos, our landlord, he is sending George, the plumber but I do not know when. At least the water tanks are now full.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 20th, 2019, 1:16 pm

I saw one of Chris Kamara's videos on something, he isn't bad at all, fpr those who havn't had the pelasure.

StokeySue
Registered

Next

Return to The Coffee Shop