[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Postby uschi » March 17th, 2020, 11:05 am

uschi
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 17th, 2020, 11:16 am

Morning all! :wave:. It's very dull here. I must have been dreaming because I thought I saw a TV forecast yesterday or on Sunday which said we could expect brighter weather. I thought he meant for more than one day :(.

I went to the last small meeting before everything shuts down last night. We were all very careful. Planning on longish walk today.

Glad your son was on hand Suffs! I think eggs are going to be a real luxury. Wish I'd got chickens now! I wonder how long it'll be before the B&B owners have no guests to cook for.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 17th, 2020, 2:23 pm

liketocook
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 17th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Attachments
DSC00713.jpg
aero280
Site Admin

Postby earthmaiden » March 17th, 2020, 5:04 pm

No capped ends in those days! :o.

I have just done my bit for England by phoning some extremely 'vulnerable' people I know and offering to do shopping etc. They are still happily going to meetings, shopping and all the things they like to do and seem oblivious to the fact they should really consider assessing the risk of things they do. I said I would not visit as I wouldn't know if I was carrying the virus. Actually, I think I might be more likely to catch it from them! It would be life threatening for either of them I think :?. Anyway, they can talk ... it's taken up most of my afternoon. :rolleyes:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby uschi » March 17th, 2020, 5:25 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 17th, 2020, 5:36 pm

Beware folks ... there are hidden dangers lurking ... my usual medication has been changed due to possible problems with 'The Virus' .... I was warned that the change may trigger headaches ... it did ... I decided I needed a couple of paracetamol ... and sliced my finger open on the foil packaging :rolleyes: :lol:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 17th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby uschi » March 17th, 2020, 6:01 pm

I'm just back from the supermarket ... an old song springs to mind: "No milk today, it wasn't always so, the company was gay ..." Well, there was a little semi skimmed left, but no loo paper (I didn't need any, but was curious), no bread, almost no cheese.
uschi
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 17th, 2020, 6:18 pm

miss mouse
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 17th, 2020, 6:20 pm

How about we have a competition? Who can write the best novel whilst this is all going on. We have drainpipe issues, blood issues and all sorts . . . . .
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 17th, 2020, 6:28 pm

miss mouse
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 17th, 2020, 6:35 pm

It was Miss Mouse in the drainpipe with a sharpened foil wrapper ..... :lol: :lol:. (Sorry, Miss Mouse, your name works rather well there! :hug: ).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » March 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm

well how about a 'guess that book' in as few words as possible -
my effort is - 'oh, we were poor, oh my poor feet, oh, my poor eyes'.
scullion
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 17th, 2020, 10:47 pm

One here for Uschi!! :D
(another pinch from facebook)

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 22.44.18.png
aero280
Site Admin

Postby uschi » March 17th, 2020, 10:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that! Wurst was still to be had, but Gouda and Butterkäse were out. At least the cheaper brands. :lol:

What I find funny is that they are snapping up certain items, leaving others.
Cabbages keep well, are nutricious and versatile ... they are around in abundance. Same with hokkaido and butternut squashes.
uschi
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 18th, 2020, 6:21 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, sunny here but a sharp wind, every morning I try to go without wearing my cardigan, every morning I fail.
Yesterday Deb succumbed and bought a digital thermometer, despite electronics it still takes a minute to complete a reading, I would have thought one of the more modern version would be faster.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2020, 7:01 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Overcast and still here ... rain is forecast ... it doesn’t bode well for gardening so I suspect some baking will be done ... I have a hankering for spiced buns :drool:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 18th, 2020, 8:25 am

Good Morning wild ones. It's raining. :rolleyes: OH rang the doctors yesterday, they said put the repeat script in as usual but don't go to the surgery, the doctor will telephone him at the time his appointment would have been to discuss the hospital results :tu:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 18th, 2020, 9:04 am

I have cheered myself up by putting in an order to Hotel Chocolat, I needed a decent Easter Egg didn't I ;)
Easter, always a major festival here, is going to be interesting, Will long queues at the butcher be allowed, not to mention enormous family gatherings

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 18th, 2020, 9:09 am

Morning all! :wave:. Another dull day but no rain. It would be nice to be warm enough to consider going without a cardigan. I was just wishing, as I spread butter on my toast, that it would warm up enough for the butter to soften a bit more.

More of the same today, a bit of spring cleaning in the bedrooms, a walk and lots of lovely time for desk bound projects I had looked forward to doing in retirement but not yet started. I've got some very distant older relatives who I've been meaning to phone since Christmas. I really should phone to check they are alright (even though they live miles away and there wouldn't be a great deal I could do if they weren't. They have a good social network).

Mmmm, spiced buns! Are you supposed to have them during Lent? ;) . I am being really sparing with flour and eggs since it's quite hard to find any more.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 18th, 2020, 9:24 am

The dustman (landfill), used to come on Tuesdays, to be followed an hour or so later by a little road sweeper which could do pavements as well. An excellent set up as any debris left behind was cleaned up. Two or three years ago, the dustbin day changed to Wednesday but the road sweeper has continued to come on Tuesdays :rolleyes:. Lo and behold, I have just seen the roadsweeper go by, after the dustman, who left quite a mess today (I think a bag split open), on a Wednesday! It restores my faith that good things come to those who wait :lol: :lol:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2020, 9:54 am

How's StokeySue and Dennispc this morning? Did we decide that Aero doesn't have 'it'?
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 18th, 2020, 11:11 am

Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 18th, 2020, 11:24 am

Apparently London is supposed to be two weeks ahead of the rest of the UK.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 18th, 2020, 12:01 pm

There were pics of empty streets on the BBC news site yesterday. That must begin to make a difference (or else push the problem elsewhere!).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51929558
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 18th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Good morning
I feel a bit better today, I think the fever “broke” yesterday but of course the display on my thermometer has died. It clearly wasn’t impressed by 38C fever (I seldom make it to within a couple of degrees of that)
The thing that’s really annoying me is that I have no sense of smell, I gave the coffee grinder a a sniff and smelled nothing. So not bothering with coffee this morning, it’s odd stuff without the aroma.
I have put the towels in the washing machine
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Glad you're feeling a bit better Sue :plink: :wave: (from a 2 metre distance)
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » March 18th, 2020, 1:10 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 18th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Glad you're on the mend Sue :luv:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 18th, 2020, 1:53 pm

I appear to be OK at the moment. Just a cold or manflu, it seems. It's warmer today, so excavating in the garden. Not sure my knees will get over the shock!! :o
aero280
Site Admin

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2020, 2:20 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Oh ‘eck ... we were told 2m ... that explains a lot :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » March 18th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Only 1.5 metres in Belgium ! :(
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2020, 4:15 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 18th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Apparently Greece is running out of hummus and taramasolata due to stock piling.
Economists are predicting a double dip recession. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 18th, 2020, 4:24 pm

To be honest I doubt if the precise distance left between people matters much, the main thing is that it’s far enough you have to consciously breach the gap to touch someone, and you aren’t sneezing on anyone
StokeySue
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » March 18th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Uschi, I have read every rule twice, no shops apart from food and chemist etc but unlike Spain we can leave the house. Max 3 together but still something!
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 18th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Glad things seem to be going the right way, Sue.

I thought it was 3 metres - that's what I have seen recommended for postmen and delivery drivers standing at front doors. Droplets can fly a good distance if someone coughs or sneezes.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » March 18th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Hello all. You may (or may not!) have noticed I've not been around. Been soo busy.

How are you all? Where is Rats? And Tezza? Thought a lot about you all overseas.

Apart from this bitch of a crisis, life has been good.
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby scullion » March 18th, 2020, 6:05 pm

hiya, good to 'see' you.
rats is in hospital - she went in in december for a chest infection and cellulitis (i think that's what it was). gill the painter has been in touch with her husband/family over on the other site but we haven't had an update for a week or so.
haven't heard from tezza for a while - i hope she's ok.
scullion
Registered

Postby uschi » March 18th, 2020, 6:35 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » March 18th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Yes, worrying times though
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » March 18th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Yes, worrying times though
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 18th, 2020, 7:13 pm

When I last heard from her Tezza was fine ... busy and enjoying work and still battling some housing issues ... she certainly planned to be back when she had a bit more time on her hands.
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 19th, 2020, 6:16 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, we have not ventured out much but it has been cold here. Yesterday I noticed that a family had brought their children here to ride their bicycles, it is safe as there is almost no traffic and they were out in the fresh air.
We await a visit from Effie tomorrow to catch up with local events and non events.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 19th, 2020, 7:16 am

Good morning all :D :mug: :wave:
How are we all doing today? I still have an intermittent stuffed up sinusy head and a bit of a dry cough but I’ve had it since around December so nothing new there :D Hope everyone else is well and that Sue and Dennispc et al are feeling better.
It’s overcast out there but dry ... some weeding may be on the cards.
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 19th, 2020, 7:52 am

Good Morning wild ones. Overcast here but some sunshine later if the forecast is correct. :D I need to buy some compost, so I am venturing out this morning :terrified: at least then I can get some seeds sown.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 19th, 2020, 9:15 am

Morning all! :wave:. Damp and dreary out there :(.

Hope everyone's well or recovering well.

I was thinking I should get a gro bag or two and some seeds if the next few months are a bit of an unknown. There's not much space left in my teeny garden unless I remove some plants. I've got to wait in for a delivery today anyway and don't need shopping so we'll see.

The thought of weeks of doing things I want to in peace have been shattered by the schools closures. Seems I am one of the small group who will be comandeered to help with GD. Other granny is in her mid 70s and a smoker so is on lockdown. Ho hum! I learned yesterday that a family with two children that GDs parents have known from childhood have the virus and are all at home feeling dreadful. He works in London and thinks it came from someone in their office who got it but who he wasn't in close contact with. Luckily my family have not seen them lately but of course they were out and about doing normal things whilst it was incubating.

I noticed that wire was protruding from my favourite bra this morning (it's not that old!). It's that sort of thing that reminds you that you shouldn't just pop out to shops any more :evil: . I was reading that supermarket staff and delivery people have been getting awful abuse from customers because of the shortages. So sad.
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop