[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXVIII Ygraine

Postby aero280 » January 6th, 2020, 8:59 pm

As a result of a big insurance claim here was an audit/stock take in a static caravan park on the Norfolk coast a few years ago after a big storm blew a few caravans over the edge and destroyed them. Apparently it was only the very oldest caravans caravans that went over. :? Questions were asked, but nothing ws proved. The owner said that it was only prudent for management to put the old ones near the edge in case the land fell away...
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » January 6th, 2020, 9:33 pm

If you take a look at the caravan sites right on the Norfolk cliff tops nowadays you’ll see that it’s general practice for the older vans to be nearer the edge. When my granny owned a caravan on a cliff top site in East Runton in the 60s hers was in the row nearer the edge. When she upgraded and bought a newer van she was allotted a spot several rows inland although she had liked the plot on the edge of the field. The site owner said it just made more sense.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 7th, 2020, 7:44 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I got here eventually, no internet owing to repeated power outages. We had every type of weather yesterday, sun, gales, sleet, everything except snow.
I have to go out later to a 1 30pm appointment, it should be an interesting journey, luckily there are no big trees to blow down in the vicinity.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 7th, 2020, 8:05 am

Good morning wild ones. I rang our surgery yesterday, I need to book for a meds review, I just got an automated message, "this number is not accepting calls try again tomorrow" WHAT.. It's the main number how can it not accept calls :twisted: :twisted: I will call again this morning and see how long I have to hang on, it might be quicker to drive over and go to reception to book. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby dennispc » January 7th, 2020, 8:37 am

Usually we drive to surgery to book appointments. Our pharmacist mentioned that she needed to check a prescription, phoned and informed them call was 15th in the queue!

And and even more houses are being built nearby. Surgery that was always better than most is now overwhelmed. Our dentist has stopped accepting new NHS patients.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby jrc » January 7th, 2020, 8:44 am

Hello :hug:

Yesterday was one of those days that I pretty much wrote off. It got more and more weird.

After having my doctors appointment cancelled I had to get on and do various bits on the phone. As most of you know we have a fairly big garden which is largely laid to lawn as we are still working out how best to landscape it. Also, we are on a main road so combine that with moo we don’t currently get many cats in the garden.

Anyway, I was on the phone to my solicitor minding my own business ( thankfully moo was in her bed in another room ) and I looked up and there was a smokey blue teeny tiny kitten looking in at me through the patio doors. That was not only weird but it had a huge bow tie on. :terrified: :terrified: :terrified:

It was barely old enough to go out and you know the wide eyed startled look they have when they are so small. As I say, we rarely get cats in the garden but it was the bow tie that threw me off guard. :lol:

If I hadn’t been on the phone I would have taken a picture. It was just so weird and random. It disappeared round the back of the shed before I could get to it. :rolleyes:

I had to meet with a client and my colleague picked me up. We were on our way home and he pulled over in the car and said “Oh no, I’ve been told not to go home without a cabbage “ :scared: :lol:

We got said cabbage, dumped his car at his home and went to the pub. :lol:
jrc
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 7th, 2020, 8:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day jrc!
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 7th, 2020, 9:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope kitten found his/her way home....

Right windy here (typically it's recycle collection day and I've already had to chase a few tinnies and a milk carton down the hill :) ) and it's set to rain heavily. Just right for a run into town ( :rolleyes: ) followed by a swim. May as well cut out the middle man by the look of the sky and forgo the swimming....
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 7th, 2020, 9:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JRC, you haven't been sniffing the sherry bottle have you ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: I just called the surgery, they have a new press one for this two for that etc, all the way to nine. :o I need to press one, amazingly I was then second in the queue..... 10 minutes later and several apologies for making me wait, I now have an appointment :D 15th Jan :o (so soon) I had a choice 7.15am or 7.45am, mmmmm I settled for 7.45am :D
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 7th, 2020, 9:44 am

earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 7th, 2020, 9:59 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Late on parade today as we’ve slept in :shock: :lol:
Making up for yesterday’s disturbed night and also OH didn’t cough so much. He said he’d had his first proper deep sleep with dreams for over a week.
Sounds like jrc’s on the set of a new Alice in Wonderland.

I was saddened just now when I heard Jim Al-Khalili introducing A Life Scientific this morning ... the subject was a forensic botanist and he had described her working on the murders of this person and that person, referring to them all by name and then the list finished with ‘six prostitutes in Ipswich’ .... I know he couldn’t have gone through a list of six names, but could they have not been referred to as ‘six young women’ or at the very least ‘sex workers’? They were human individuals, with lives full of sadness ... one of them lived opposite DD who had tried to help her when she began to spiral down and lose control of her life. I had met her ... she seemed a nice young woman who, in different circumstances could have made a positive contribution to the world. When DD told me what Paula had told her about her childhood I wondered at how she’d turned out as well as she had :cry:

It seems so pejorative to refer to the victims of a warped killer as ‘six prostitutes’ ... almost as if the young women referred to by name didn’t deserve to be murdered, they were blameless ... but ‘six prostitues’ .... well .... :rolleyes:
Last edited by suffolk on January 7th, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 7th, 2020, 10:49 am

Good morning everyone,
I completely agree suffs you here devaluing/judgemental tags applied far too often to crime victims :(
It's another stormy one here, it's to last all day before easing off a bit and there's quite a bit of transport disruption in the area. It's very mild though.
I'm not planning on straying a quick trip to the bin was enough for me in the wind. I want to spend some time finding homes for my Christmas gifts and get my annual finances overhaul sorted out. I'm also going to order a new vacuum sealer my current one has become very hit or miss as to whether it actually seals or not.
liketocook
Registered

Postby miss mouse » January 7th, 2020, 10:50 am

miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 7th, 2020, 11:20 am

Yes Miss Mouse ... I’m surprised the press hasn’t been referring to the young men as ‘drunken clubbers’ at the very least ... NOT :rolleyes:

Edited to add: don't s’pose they were wearing short skirts and therefore ‘asking for it’ either :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 7th, 2020, 12:27 pm

I love that Stormzy wears slippers https://www.express.co.uk/videos/612028 ... ers-on-set

Also love that he didn’t go all diva-ish and demand that the camera didn’t show his feet 8-) How cool is he!?!?!?! :kneel:
suffolk
Registered

Postby jrc » January 7th, 2020, 12:47 pm

You lot say about Alice in Wonderland - we actually support an animal sanctuary called Retreat into Wonderland. Perhaps it is rubbing off. :lol:

No sign of kitty today. :?
jrc
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 7th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Got it EM ... think we’re on ... just consulting with OH ... I’ll email you this evening if that’s ok?
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 7th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Seatallan
Registered

Postby Rainbow » January 7th, 2020, 11:40 pm

There was an update on the other forum about Joan/Ratatouille to say she's still in hospital but getting there slowly.
Not sure if anyone has already posted this and I missed it, but I know a few people have been asking about her so just thought I'd let you know.
Rainbow
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 8th, 2020, 6:22 am

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 8th, 2020, 8:01 am

Good to know that Rats is improving. She must be pretty p’eed off tho’ :rolleyes: Sending lots of love and healing vibes to her :hug:

I spent a couple of hours awake due to a rattly chest and a lot of coughing. I thought I was over it but it seems to have come back :rolleyes:

It’s a grey morning here in Norfolk but at least it’s not raining ... so far ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 8th, 2020, 8:17 am

Good morning wild ones. Get well soon Rats, we miss you. No rain here yet either. :D well today is my birthday, nobody has remembered including OH :( I am not going to tell him....yet :twisted:
icelesley
Registered

Postby jrc » January 8th, 2020, 8:20 am

I have started to write off this week and go back under the duvet. :shock:

Bob had to see the out of hours last night. He has a chest infection. I am slightly apprehensive as I am in the high risk category. They have put COPD on my medical records. As far as I knew it was just asthma?

Moo is meant to be at the vets today but I may put that off until Friday. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss thyroid.

After the slightly surreal week ( including kitten) I have just had an email from company giving my credit rating.

I had to reset my password as I had forgotten it. I logged onto the website and had to put in the usual info. Then it asked me if I would like to change my date of birth???

How old would you lot like to be???
jrc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 8th, 2020, 8:42 am

Morning all! :wave:.

So pleased to hear news of Rats although sorry she has been so unwell. I sometimes peep in on the other board but had not seen the update.

I am loving watching Stormzy develop into an influential person with few airs and graces. Watching him deliver the reading on Christmas night brought a tear to my eye. I really hope he goes on to do more and more good without screwing up in a silly way somewhere along the line.

Off to a coffee morning this morning and then really must tackle the cleaning I have been putting off :lol:. GD is very excited, the whole school is going up the road to a Chinese restaurant on Chinese New year to have lunch and learn about the event. I do like the community feel to a small town and the way they all interact.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 8th, 2020, 9:09 am

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 8th, 2020, 9:12 am

I agree about community feel in a small town EM ... I miss that ... I know Norwich isn’t big but it’s getting bigger and it’s very much bigger than either of us we’re used to. However it’s very convenient living here for many reasons.
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 8th, 2020, 9:42 am

GD is lucky to live in what still feels like a small country town. I find that living in a larger town, each area is like a village but people don't look out for each other in the way they did.

I don't know about purses but they are going to learn to use chopsticks. Good luck to them with that, most of the children are still struggling with western cutlery :P.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 8th, 2020, 10:15 am

My calendar has Chinese New Year and Burns’ night on the same date .... any ideas for haggis dim sum anyone? ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » January 8th, 2020, 10:24 am

aero280
Site Admin

Postby jrc » January 8th, 2020, 10:44 am

jrc
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 8th, 2020, 11:19 am

Good morning everyone,
Good to know that Rats is on the mend.
My sis discovered her hospital notes had added COPD to her file when she was called by her surgery for a review! Turns out during an op she'd had some breathing difficulties, however further tests identified she had asthma and now has an inhaler.
Sounds like a fun and educational trip EM, perhaps they might need some helpers? ;)
After a wild couple of days the worst of the storm seems to have passed, it's taken the mild weather with it though...
Domestics and admin for me today.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 8th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 8th, 2020, 3:34 pm

I knew that the Kouris Dam was overflowing but was surprised to see a major torrent when I passed the usually dried up river bed about an hour ago, there were a lot of spectators.
Meanwhile I was even more surprised to receive an e mail from my eldest niece inviting herself and her new man to Cyprus in March. For a start I did not know that she had a new man :o

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Rainbow » January 8th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Rainbow
Registered

Postby jrc » January 9th, 2020, 12:40 am

jrc
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 9th, 2020, 6:31 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, the sun is out :D Live has returned to what passes for normal after all that rain. The residents of Pissouri are furious after all that flooding they have no water, the pumps are not working.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 9th, 2020, 6:47 am

A much better night free from coughing, until about an hour ago when it started up again. I shall take some more Benylin ...
We had rain on the west-facing windows when I woke but it seems to have stopped now and despite it still being dark there’s a robin singing loudly outside ... spring is coming :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 9th, 2020, 8:27 am

Good morning wild ones. We had heavy rain from 9.30pm through the night. But it's not cold. It's stopped now and its quite breezy. I have my first shopping trip of the year this morning. Other than bread, veg and a lettuce :rolleyes: I haven't shopped properly since th Thursday before Christmas. :o
icelesley
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 9th, 2020, 9:56 am

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 9th, 2020, 10:19 am

Morning all! :wave:. I overslept and don't even remember hearing the alarm :oops:. It's a gorgeous day.

The excess water situation sounds very worrying Moira, I hope everyone is safe.

It seems to be a 'thing' to get through January on as little shopping as possible, relying on freezer stocks and Christmas over buying instead, except for fresh veg etc.

Gave the kitchen a clean yesterday. It's surprising how much 'stuff' gathers that you don't notice until you go to do something like that. It is looking much better. I have a box of spent lightbulbs to recycle but it seems that the tip is the only place you can take them. They'll end up in the shed awaiting a spring tip run.

A bit more tidying up today (including filling the shed with things for the tip :lol: ). I'm trying a U3A family history group this afternoon which was recommended to me. It sounds quite interesting. I shall walk there and get a good few steps in as a result.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » January 9th, 2020, 10:24 am

Good morning everyone,
Another one needing shopping today, a Tesco delivery is arriving later as I'm running out of "essentials". I last bought any groceries on the 30th mainly to cover NYD so they've lasted well. Last year I changed from buying groceries weekly to usually only every 8-10 days, it does mean I sometimes have to be inventive for the last couple of days but as long as I have loo roll, milk and tea bags I'm happy. :)
Sunshine and showers here today and it's very cold. I'm pleased I popped my flannel bedding on when I changed my bed yesterday I was lovely and snug last night. :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 9th, 2020, 12:44 pm

Afternoon Wildies :wave: :luv:

We had sleet/snow/rain here and it's very chilly. The skies are clearing and I can see the fells on both sides of us are covered with snow. It's lovely! :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 9th, 2020, 4:30 pm

It's relatively warm here. I have just been out wearing a coat and thick jumper and feel as though I'd like a cold shower (well, that might be exaggerating a little but perhaps a lighter jumper .... ). Family history group interesting, I was hoping to meet someone who might be competent in helping me trace a foreign ancestor but think I was hoping for too much ;).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Amber » January 9th, 2020, 11:36 pm

Thank goodness Rats is improving, and hopefully back here soon.
Amber
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 10th, 2020, 6:24 am

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 10th, 2020, 6:50 am

Parking on a dried up riverbed seems somewhat foolhardy Moira :shock:
OH has an early start at work today ... ive been awake since 3:30 because of this cough ... I’m going to have a quiet day ... this is a truly horrid lurgy :x
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 10th, 2020, 7:13 am

It is a really nasty lurgy Suffs, I think we are slightly behind you and The Artist on the recovery road but we were commenting yesterday about how we still don’t feel on top form. Our energy levels are in our boots, even normal household stuff wacks me out.

Hope we hear from Rats soon.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 10th, 2020, 7:47 am

It’s rotten Bb ... I think it was around the first week in Dec that it started ... I thought I was better over Christmas, but it seems to have returned and now I’m coughing all the time. :x Hope you’re better soon :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » January 10th, 2020, 8:22 am

Good morning wild ones. :hug: :hug: :hug: for lurgy sufferers. Did anyone have snow yesterday ? There was nothing here. Today is dry but chilly so far. The supermarket was fairly quiet yesterday, I was surprised to see Easter eggs out on the shelves already. :o
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 10th, 2020, 8:37 am

Morning all! :wave: I hope all the lurgies clear up soon. I had similar last winter and the winter before and it really pulls you down for so long.

It must be awful to park a car somewhere like a dry bed or beach where the tide is out and come back to find it immersed. You'd feel such a fool apart from anything else!

Not so nice today, there was rain last evening and overnight. I have woken feeling refreshed for the first time in ages, probably because I managed to get to bed earlier :rolleyes:. Today I really will have a proper cleaning blitz - I've been paving the way all week so that hopefully just vacuuming and polishing and venturing outside the back door to the shed are left.
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop