very successful Xmas pressie ...

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

very successful Xmas pressie ...

Postby KC2 » December 27th, 2019, 4:27 pm

DS gave us this (by request) https://www.lakeland.co.uk/26373/L%C3%A ... s-and-More and it's really great for toasted sarnies! Haven't tried it for anything else yet, but toasted sarnies was the main reason we wanted it anyway.

Any other successful kitchen or foodie equipment out there?
KC2
Registered

Re: very successful Xmas pressie ...

Postby Seatallan » December 27th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Looks good! :tu:

Mr S bought me a guacamole maker. I didn't know there was such a thing. It comes with a rake of alternative guacamole/dip recipes. Can't wait to try it! :)
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 27th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Seatallan wrote:
Mr S bought me a guacamole maker. I didn't know there was such a thing. It comes with a rake of alternative guacamole/dip recipes. Can't wait to try it! :)

I've not heard of one either! If any of the recipes are any good, do pass them on ...!
KC2
Registered

Postby slimpersoninside » December 27th, 2019, 8:52 pm

KC2 wrote:DS gave us this (by request) https://www.lakeland.co.uk/26373/L%C3%A ... s-and-More and it's really great for toasted sarnies! Haven't tried it for anything else yet, but toasted sarnies was the main reason we wanted it anyway.

Any other successful kitchen or foodie equipment out there?

I've been looking at getting one of these to use at work, would be very interested in any updates.

Thanks.
slimpersoninside
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 28th, 2019, 8:18 am

I bought one of those sandwich makers earlier this year. It is a bit of a pain waiting for it to heat up but I usually construct my sandwich during that time. I have cooked thin chicken breast pieces successfully
Cleaning is a doddle.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 28th, 2019, 11:29 am

KC2 wrote:I've not heard of one either! If any of the recipes are any good, do pass them on ...!

I will. If I could post a pic of it I would but whenever I try to post pics on Wildfood I get a message saying the file is too big. Basically, it has a sieve and pestle bit (for the avocado, etc) and the base of it turns into a wee serving bowl. It's really clever. The recipes that come with it are all suggestions from the staff who work for the firm that makes said guacamole maker. It's rather sweet... :)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 28th, 2019, 11:35 am

cyprusmoira wrote:I bought one of those sandwich makers earlier this year. It is a bit of a pain waiting for it to heat up but I usually construct my sandwich during that time. I have cooked thin chicken breast pieces successfully
Cleaning is a doddle.

Moira

It's only 3 minutes heating up which is fine for us. Good to hear that you've cooked a thin chicken breast successfully.

Seatallan wrote:
KC2 wrote:I've not heard of one either! If any of the recipes are any good, do pass them on ...!

I will. If I could post a pic of it I would but whenever I try to post pics on Wildfood I get a message saying the file is too big. Basically, it has a sieve and pestle bit (for the avocado, etc) and the base of it turns into a wee serving bowl. It's really clever. The recipes that come with it are all suggestions from the staff who work for the firm that makes said guacamole maker. It's rather sweet... :)

I've always had that problem trying to post pics as well. One of my sons helped me once to compress the file which then posted ok, but I haven't managed to do it on my own. Patsy, I think, has a successful method that she tried to teach me once!
KC2
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 28th, 2019, 12:09 pm

The toaster looks nice. Had no idea that guacamole makers even existed!

Pat's suggestion for photos, which works for me, is to email the photo to yourself. Before sending, there is usually an option to reduce the size of the photo to medium or small, either of which are good enough quality for the Wildfood board. You then have to save the picture from email to your file and can upload from there. A bit of a faff but actually easier on a phone than laptop IMO!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 28th, 2019, 1:27 pm

earthmaiden wrote:
Pat's suggestion for photos, which works for me, is to email the photo to yourself. Before sending, there is usually an option to reduce the size of the photo to medium or small, either of which are good enough quality for the Wildfood board. You then have to save the picture from email to your file and can upload from there. A bit of a faff but actually easier on a phone than laptop IMO!

Ah, I'll try that next time :tu:

Does anyone have this, also Lekue, also from lakeland? https://www.lakeland.co.uk/26251/L%C3%A ... ice-Cooker
I'm very tempted as we eat quinoa quite often.
KC2
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 28th, 2019, 1:47 pm

Not sure if this will work... but....
Attachments
IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG (31.93 KiB) Viewed 449 times
Last edited by Seatallan on December 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm

....And when assembled....
Attachments
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG (22.84 KiB) Viewed 449 times
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 28th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Oooh thanks EM!! :D :tu:

Sorry second pic is cock-eyed... :lol: You get the general idea anyway....
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 28th, 2019, 2:19 pm

So do you squash the ingredients with the pestel?
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 28th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Seatallan wrote:Oooh thanks EM!! :D :tu:

Sorry second pic is cock-eyed... :lol: You get the general idea anyway....

I right clicked on the pic, chose "open image in new tab" and it's miraculously the right way round now!

Nice table too Sea :D
KC2
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 28th, 2019, 7:54 pm

A cast iron steak press for me, I've wanted one for years. I also got a nifty colander type thingy that you put into the pan and then lift the contents out rather than having to drain the pot - that will make life a lot easier for me. :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 28th, 2019, 8:31 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Pat's suggestion for photos, which works for me, is to email the photo to yourself. Before sending, there is usually an option to reduce the size of the photo to medium or small, either of which are good enough quality for the Wildfood board. You then have to save the picture from email to your file and can upload from there. A bit of a faff but actually easier on a phone than laptop IMO!

:tu:

This is a first ... me actually teaching others something vaguely techie ;) :lol: :tu: :bounce: :hi5:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 28th, 2019, 8:36 pm

I didn't get any foodie presents, but daughter did give me a leaf blower, as well as a pair of house-martin nest domes (just need to find a man who can fix these under the eaves at the back of my house :rolleyes: ) and a book of Monty Don's called The Sensuous Garden which, for some reason brought tears to my eyes :?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » December 28th, 2019, 9:38 pm

I am chuffed to bits with Elton John’s biog. He grew up round here and so much is resonating. Enjoying it hugely.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Suelle » December 29th, 2019, 8:51 am

No foodie equipment here, unless you count a porcelain mug which is probably too good to use! :D
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby earthmaiden » December 29th, 2019, 9:27 am

No foodie equipment here either. It does make me smile sometimes to see what people deem suitable to give me but everything is gratefully received! I did receive a pretty tin of Amaretti biscuits. Not overly fond of them but they'll keep until I decide what to do with them.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Busybee » December 29th, 2019, 9:47 am

I got a new measuring jug, just what I asked for. My old one had lost the measurements, over the years they had worn/scratched away and I had difficulty seeing them.

I have been looking at that Lakeland sandwich toaster, may get around to getting one this year.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 29th, 2019, 9:49 am

earthmaiden wrote:I did receive a pretty tin of Amaretti biscuits. Not overly fond of them but they'll keep until I decide what to do with them.

You can lob them over here em .... I love them and once opened just can't resist them :chops: :chops: :chops:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 29th, 2019, 10:01 am

I'll bear that in mind!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » December 29th, 2019, 10:20 am

Nothing kitcheny for me either. I got some camera equipment and slippers. (The latter bought by me in the Boden sale for my mother to give me :)) I really don't need any kitchen equipment. I am afraid that I was not tempted by anything in Lakeland yesterday. (Other than Cartmel (reduced price) sticky toffee pudding chocolates - I resisted.)
My mother also bought be some Agens prunes stuffed with prune cream from Lakeland which are really very nice.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 29th, 2019, 1:36 pm

earthmaiden wrote:So do you squash the ingredients with the pestel?

I think that's the idea EM. I think you use the pestle and squash the avocado through the sieve thingy. I shall experiment with it in due course and see if it is a useful gadget or one of those things that ends up at the bag of the cupboard.... :)

KC2 wrote:Nice table too Sea

Thanks KC2! :luv: It's a reclaimed farmhouse table. We needed a new table when we moved as the old one wasn't big enough for the new house. We found it via a local family firm (Painted Cottage) who live in a village just down the road and have a wee showroom at a local salvage/collectors market. They found us the table and 6 French farmhouse chairs for an extremely reasonable £400 (they took our old table in part exchange) Delivered it and everything! :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 29th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Seatallan wrote: They found us the table and 6 French farmhouse chairs for an extremely reasonable £400 (they took our old table in part exchange) Delivered it and everything! :D

What a bargain! And great they were prepared to take your old table in part exchange :D
KC2
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 30th, 2019, 9:44 am

I know. It sounds like a cliche but things really are noticeably less expensive Up North. People tend generally to be noticeably friendlier too- far more inclined to pass the time of day. :)
Seatallan
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop