[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - What A Few Days It's Been!!!

What A Few Days It's Been!!!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

What A Few Days It's Been!!!

Postby Grasshopper » December 29th, 2019, 9:32 pm

And believe me, it HAS!!!!!! :shock:
Weeeellllll - Xmas Day was lovely. Mum didn't go to church, as she intended, as she had started with vomiting and the squits the previous evening :sprout:
However - there were lots of lovely presents, including a ton of eatables, some of which went home with a relative on Saturday. There was really too much for the three of us to scoff.
We had a lovely dinner - which we had prepped the day before. Mum slept through the afternoon, (as she tends to do when feeling poorly), while Sis & me cleared up.

Everything went fine until Boxing Day evening.

Oh dear!!!!!!! :sprout:
I never thought my tum could hold that much! :sprout: AND I had the squits as well! :sprout: :sprout:
Felt like a CORPSE when I went to bed.
Slept a lot and barely ate much the following day, and my appetite has still not fully recovered.
It takes A LOT to stop ME eating!
Well, we are both on the mend now, and *touch wood* Sis has escaped infection. (we have been taking LOTS of precautions!)

Tree is coming down tomorrow - it's been up since late November.
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Last edited by Grasshopper on December 31st, 2019, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grasshopper
Registered

Re: What A Few Days It's Been!!!

Postby suffolk » December 29th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Oh bless you Grassy ... that sounds like me a few years ago when I had Norovirus over Christmas ... poor you .... hope you and mum are feeling better and that Sis doesn’t get it :hug: :plink:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » December 29th, 2019, 10:22 pm

TG for our open fire! I was able to BURN the cloth I cleaned up the messy toilet with!
:sprout:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 30th, 2019, 9:42 am

Oh Lordy Grassy! Poor you and poor mum. Hope you're both feeling properly better very soon. It's such a time of year for viruses isn't it? :hug: :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 30th, 2019, 10:21 am

So sorry to hear that you all went down with a bug Grassy. Such a shame when you've been looking forward to a nice break. Hope the new year brings better things!
earthmaiden
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop