ISO/FAO Herbidacious

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

ISO/FAO Herbidacious

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 3rd, 2020, 7:46 pm

Herbi, did you ever settle on the mattress replacement ? I am now having the same quandry. I have a memory foam (Tempur) topper, which although very comfortable, makes very hard work of changing the (fitted) bottom sheet .. I have had to buy extra deep ones, but find lifting both the mattress and the topper harder and harder, especially as I really should be aware of lifting (heavy) stuff these days due to the re-arrangement of my abdominal plumbing :rolleyes:

I think you were looking at one called 'Emma' ?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: ISO/FAO Herbidacious

Postby Herbidacious » January 3rd, 2020, 8:04 pm

No, I am afraid I didn't. I was just thinking about this the other night. My mattress is terribile. Dips, broken springs and goodness knows how many zillions of nasties etc. Mattress is now about 17 :o

Last time I thought about it, I was going in the direction of pretty much an update of the pocket sprung one I have now. I even went so far as to go to Lewisham where they stocked them... only to discover that the shop had closed and the small chain has gone bust. I am still deeply wary of buying one without trying it first. I know you can send back the 'bed in a box' ones but I imagine it's an awful faff and knowing me, I'd just put up with it even if I didn't really like it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 3rd, 2020, 8:08 pm

My daughter and her OH bought an Emma from John Lewis and it buckled and was dreadful. And John Lewis messed them about quite a lot collecting it.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 3rd, 2020, 9:04 pm

Ah, thanks PP .... that's good to know as I keep seeing adverts for Emma and Dormeo seems to be constantly on sale on QVC type channels :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop