Swansea Market

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Swansea Market

Postby Meganthemog » February 5th, 2020, 11:09 am

Something that I have been saying for a long time has now been recognised! Yeh! :luv: :luv:
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-02- ... Gt_5UkmtnU
Meganthemog
Registered

Re: Swansea Market

Postby Seatallan » February 5th, 2020, 1:36 pm

:D :tu:

One day....
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 5th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Love it ... although its a long time since I was there
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 5th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Looks lovely. I find it odd that some towns have managed to keep wonderful markets yet in others they have gone the way of the high street in general. Maybe accessibility and the positioning of supermarkets plays some part. I don't think tourism can help a lot, if you are a tourist you are not usually in a position to buy a lot of perishable food.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » February 5th, 2020, 3:57 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Looks lovely. I find it odd that some towns have managed to keep wonderful markets yet in others they have gone the way of the high street in general. Maybe accessibility and the positioning of supermarkets plays some part. I don't think tourism can help a lot, if you are a tourist you are not usually in a position to buy a lot of perishable food.

The local community has supported the market for many many years. In fact there has been a covered market here for centuries - not always in this location. In the 1650s it was located next to the castle. Most of the livestock farmers on Gower have their own stalls in the market - I go to different butchers for chicken than I do for lamb or beef. They are renowned for particular produce. It is a fabulous place - you can buy your bread, get your shoes repaired and have lunch all under one roof - and they are all independents. :D Swansea comes in for an awful lot of flack - there are plenty of naysayers so I am very proud of this award!
Meganthemog
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop