[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - In praise of Lakeland!

In praise of Lakeland!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

In praise of Lakeland!

Postby KC2 » February 6th, 2020, 3:06 pm

I ordered some things from Lakeland and when they arrived, realised I had ordered the wrong size cake tin - 23 cm instead of 20 cm.
I just rang them up and they are sending me the 20 cm one - not charging me for postage (and not giving me the £1 refund in price). That is incredibly helpful of them - especially as I explained it was my mistake, not theirs! They don't want me to send back the larger one. So I've really ended up with a BOGOF!

Their 3 year guarantee was also very good. I had bought a non-stick frying pan in their sale a couple of years ago. It wasn't their own make and they don't stock it any more. Despite extremely careful use, the non-stick started to peel. They refunded what I paid for the old one and I just paid the difference on getting a new one. I decided to get one of their own make and it is really good!

Thank you Lakeland :tu:
KC2
Registered

Re: In praise of Lakeland!

Postby earthmaiden » February 6th, 2020, 4:39 pm

That's good to hear KC2! I used to love going to Lakeland but have gone off them a bit lately so it's nice to know you had a good experience.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 6th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Lakeland service is, in my experience, excellent.

But I too am finding it less attractive than I used to, too many gimmicky gizmos , mostly made of plastic

I did buy a set of those stretchy silicone food covers a couple of weeks back, at £6.99 Lakeland are cheaper than most of the online “bargain offers” and one can be sure they are food grade. Not sure yet how enamoured I am with them, they do work but I find them quite a fiddle to fit, they have to be very precisely centred on the bowl, or they just pull themselves off, maybe I’ll get the knack
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » February 6th, 2020, 6:41 pm

I bought the microwave sandwich grill but didn’t really rate it, I left a review along the lines of ‘ I must be missing something because the results aren’t great...’ off line they contacted me by email and said take it into any branch and they would refund my money.

I wasn’t complaining, just didn’t think it did it was particularly good, so very pleased to be offered a refund. That’s good customer service.

I don’t go in often as it’s a bit of a trek into York or Northallerton but if I do go I like to stroke the Kitchinaid stand mixers, look at the knives and then go out again :lol:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Rainbow » February 7th, 2020, 1:32 am

Rainbow
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 7th, 2020, 9:14 am

One of the ironies of my life is that having relocated to the Lake District I'm now considerably further from the nearest Lakeland than I was in Reading.... :)
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 7th, 2020, 9:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby KC2 » February 8th, 2020, 7:30 pm

KC2
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 8th, 2020, 9:12 pm

Kitchenaid (food processors, at least) are over rated. They do make pretty things though.

I could do with a Lakeland fix, although I always find I spend more when using the catalogue rather than going into the shop. Perhaps this is why they always ask you if you found what you were looking for in the shop? I don't seem to spot desirable things when browsing in the non-virtual (er ordinary?) shop.

I remember my mother making a couple of pilgrimages to Chester, primarily for freezer things, in the 70s :?
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Oat » February 9th, 2020, 2:24 pm

My nearest Lakeland is six miles away, I go in probably every couple of weeks. I always buy something as I convince myself it might close if I just look :lol:
Oat
Registered

Postby scullion » February 9th, 2020, 2:28 pm

i used to send for goat milk bags and 'bag sealer' tubing. do they still do the tubing?
i haven't been into the shop in truro for a couple of years!
scullion
Registered

Postby Amber » February 10th, 2020, 11:36 pm

My nearest Lakeland is about a mile away...far too easy to just pop in for a quick browse :D .
Amber
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 11th, 2020, 7:29 am

My nearest Lakeland is opposite my bus stop in the city ... in the same street as Nisbets. I have to have an iron resolve while waiting for my bus ... but thankfully as OH works for ProCook I get some bargains there :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop