[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Coronavirus threat

Coronavirus threat

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Coronavirus threat

Postby StokeySue » March 25th, 2020, 12:08 pm

StokeySue
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » March 25th, 2020, 12:29 pm

Just managed to book a Sainsburys slot for Friday, still cant tell them that Mr C is an at risk customer though.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 25th, 2020, 12:32 pm

And me, but I guess I understand why :rolleyes:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 25th, 2020, 12:52 pm

There were some slots for today and tomorrow last night, but that was it. My mother doesn't need anything today or tomorrow... But I suppose this is a hopeful sign.

We might need something at some point too...
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 25th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Just has a message from Ocado to say they are open for orders again. But the queue to get on the site is 4 hours ;) maybe try in the middle of the night. Donlt need anything now though. Apart from saline solution!
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 25th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Round here there are quite a few smaller shops delivering essentials - milk, bread, fruit, veg etc and it would be nice to support them as I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of getting a supermarket delivery or click & collect. It is in a couple of weeks time when people's stocks have got low I think we'll see difficulties and maybe unpleasantness again.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 25th, 2020, 1:37 pm

We now have a form entitling us to go out for specific reasons, courtesy of the Cyprus Mail. Essentially it is name, address, identity/passport number, reason for leaving residence, specific time and date. This has to produced if requested by police
A small chore but I do not mind if it stops people moving about unnecessarily

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 25th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Thats sounds like France, Moira.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 25th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 25th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Oh my word! Just got a Sainsbug delivery slot for tomorrow! Ordered bits for us and bits for older (70+) neigbours. Result! :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 25th, 2020, 4:14 pm

I don't actually need anything, so didn't try it. I hope this all a sign of things settling down. People have moved onto less essential things to stockpile, such as the abovementioned seeds and bird food and whatever is making it impoosble to get things delivered from Wickes. (I have managed to order both. Not hard, just harder than usual.)

I do need Indian Spices. I realize I have few. Just than cumin, chilli, ground ginger, fresh garlic and fenugreek. I really fancied something other than Mexican/Italian/Thai/'English'. I don't know what to make for diner. Need a 'what can I make with these 4 ingredient?' app/web site. (Found one, by American wih lots of recipes that start with 'take a can of xxx's' complete meal in a can type thing.
Will go and check out mamta's site.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » March 25th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby dennispc » March 25th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Got my text a couple of days ago, I assume that means I'm vulnerable.

For on-line shopping, never done it before, how do I prove I'm a vulnerable person?

Waitrose not accepting new slots, nor Sainsburys, Morrisons telling me it's an hours wait on line. No rush yet, can always use neighbours but was hoping not to make them go out more than necessary.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby scullion » March 25th, 2020, 5:08 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 25th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Yep, I got one.
I have no health issues and take no medication.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 25th, 2020, 5:34 pm

My text arrived a few minutes ago. Good thing I knew it was expected or I'd have assumed it was spam :oops:.

Wow! To those who got a delivery slot! How exciting!!!!!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 25th, 2020, 5:43 pm

I'm a bit confused. At PM's briefing, this evening, reference was made to a number of tests - I understand the difference. What I'm unsure of is if you have had a mild bout of Covid - you have self isolated, and recovered - do you now have an immunity? I'm quite sure that when this was discussed, a few days ago, they said they didn't know.
Gruney
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » March 25th, 2020, 5:48 pm

[quote="dennispc"]
For on-line shopping, never done it before, how do I prove I'm a vulnerable person?

We certainly cant do it with Sainsburys and a friend of ours couldnt do it with Tesco either. If you can get a slot be prepared the first time you shop set aside 30/40 minutes to set it up, place your first order. After that it gets a lot easier as your chosen items go into a favourites list, then you can just add other bits week by week. I dont mean that you have to order everything that you had week 1 every week, if you see what I mean

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 25th, 2020, 6:40 pm

miss mouse
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 25th, 2020, 7:10 pm

What do you think? The local Turkish shop sells fresh falafel. When DS was out he bought 10, and they're now in the oven to warm up.

They weren't pre-packed. Do you think they'll be safe to eat? Once they've been in the oven for 15 mins?
KC2
Registered

Postby dennispc » March 25th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop