[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Female urinals

Female urinals

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Female urinals

Postby Pepper Pig » March 13th, 2020, 11:04 am

Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Female urinals

Postby earthmaiden » March 13th, 2020, 11:26 am

Good in theory and for some occasions and better than nothing if desperate, but would need to work out how to use it :? and also, if they are as communal as the pink picture suggests it would be quite a culture shock! As it says ..... "Women typically take longer in the toilet because of biological, societal and practical factors, such as menstruation, childcare or different clothing", and it wouldn't help there.

I hate unisex loos too - sadly, a great many men still have horrid habits :sprout: (as do some women of course!).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 13th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Hmm. On the odd occasion I have had to pee without a loo, the main problem has been wee going down my leg. Sorry, but there you are. You can't direct the flow and if you have don't have a lot of pee to come out and thus high pressure, this is highly problematic.
For this to work do you need your tights/trousers round your ankles? You won't be able to hold them off the floor as you can when sitting down. How do you avoid exposing your nether regions? We'd still need cubicle unless we were expected to expose our behinds.

I do realize that perhaps I am dismissing them without fully understanding how they work, so searched for a youtube video of how to use them. Oddly, I couldn't find one... ;)
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » March 13th, 2020, 12:27 pm

i was wondering how 'directional flow' and clothing were coped for, too. maybe we have to go back to skirts - and crotchless knickers.
or maybe you can only use them if you carry a shewee around with you.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 13th, 2020, 12:28 pm

P.s. we were sent a questionaire at work as to what we deem necessary for our new office, which is currently being remodelled. Several of the questions were disturbing (insofar that most of us thought that the items in question they would be a given and thus no special requests for them required) - one of them was, did we want separate loos for men and women. :shock: This has, though, got me pondering on why I really really don't want unisex loos. I think my answers reveal more about me and my attitude to men than perhaps rational considerations. e.g. I don't want to be seen looking at myself, adjusting make up/hair or crying (not a frequent thing, but sometimtes...) by men and the loos are a refuge for these things. I also don't really want to accidentally see men's body parts and it strikes me, when standing outside men's loos in public places (not gone inside) that they are often pretty stinky. Train loos are particularly bad, although I supppose it's possible that the badly aimed/misdirected by jolting pee on the floor is women's...
But perhaps in an office things would be more civilized.
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." Albert Camus
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 13th, 2020, 12:31 pm

Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 13th, 2020, 12:39 pm

I just thought they didn’t look very stable. I can’t imagine them bearing anyone of my great weight!
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 13th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Herbi - they are not. In our office the nicer men were always complaining about revolting things in their loos.Yes, the habits of some women were pretty awful too but not as bad. I haven't been to any unisex loo where it wasn't obvious that men had been in :sprout:.

Just don't go into the urinal with bags of shopping, a child, a panty girdle, tights, any kind of 'feminine towel' or an incontinence pad ;).

PP - I think you're supposed to adopt a squatting position!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » March 13th, 2020, 12:49 pm

so - just a restricted area toilet without a door then?
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 13th, 2020, 12:57 pm

To be quite frank, our toilet at home requires constant attention. From me!!!!

Last time I had to adopt a squatting position was in a youth hostel in France c. 1991. I still got pee down my leg. (and as for the other thing. Well, I managed to supress having to do that for the three days we were there.) I don't want to get too graphic, but there are bits of our anatomy than can misdirect pee if you have been sitting down, especially if cross-legged, for a while. Or maybe that's just me :shock:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby smitch » March 13th, 2020, 2:06 pm

I really don't mind unisex toilets. Quite a few of the brew taps and bars we go to have them. One has urinals tucked away round a corner, the others have either just toilets or doors marked 'toilet' and 'urinal'. I can't say I've noticed a particular smell or mess and judging by the state of some of the toilets in my office building, women can be pretty gross too :shock:
smitch
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 13th, 2020, 3:02 pm

I guess it varies. In the desire to not be unfair I did ask husband if men's loos often smell. He said, yes of course.

I am still not sure if the unisex loos at Christ Church (college) for the staff was really unisex or if I was just very tipsy... :shock:

Unisex loos in 1995 would have been quite unusual.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 13th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Oh dear. I think my squatting days are well behind me. About five years ago I tried an outside wee and toppled over into a bush. I had a black eye for about 10 days. :o :o
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Squat! With my knee!?!? ... They’ll have to prove either hoists or strong young personages alongside each ‘station’ :shock:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 16th, 2020, 12:57 pm

I shall never forget visiting Paris some years ago with a couple of friends, one of whom had never seen one of those squatting 'hole in the floor' bogs you still get in France. The expression on her face was a picture. I had to support her under the armpits whilst she used said bog. :lol:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 16th, 2020, 1:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop