[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Who’s good at wildlife?

Who’s good at wildlife?

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Who’s good at wildlife?

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 4:02 pm

For the third time in as many weeks I have found a dopey blackish bee in our downstairs back room. In fact there were two today.

Any thoughts? Am a bit concerned as I’m allergic to bee stings. Have managed so far to get them safely outside.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Re: Who’s good at wildlife?

Postby uschi » March 14th, 2020, 4:16 pm

They might be carpenter bees.

If so, they can sting, but are not aggressive.
I usually catch flying insects with a glass and a postcard or coaster. So far that has worked well.
uschi
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm

You could be right Uschi although mine look furrier than that.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby uschi » March 14th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Bumble bees then. Still gentle creatures. They are probably pretty starved and thus dopey. Treat them to some sugar and water. :D
uschi
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Any idea why I keep finding them in the house Uschi?
Last edited by Pepper Pig on March 14th, 2020, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2020, 4:43 pm

i think having a search online would be your best bet, unless you post a photo.
there are rather a lot of solitary bees that are predominantly black - along with cornish, wild, black honey bees.
scullion
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Thanks Scully. Will have to do it via FB as I can’t do photos on here however hard I try.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2020, 4:51 pm

do you use an iPhone?
scullion
Registered

Postby uschi » March 14th, 2020, 4:55 pm

I have no idea why they come in. I have hornets in spring. They never harm me, but they keep coming into the flat. Maybe they overwintered somewhere under the eaves or they are just a bit dopey first thing in spring.
uschi
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Yes but I struggle eyesight wise to do much other than phoning and texting.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2020, 5:10 pm

well, if you can take a photo, press the send symbol and it will give you a choice of photo size. choose one of the smaller sizes and email it to yourself.
download and save the photo to your desktop and choose it from there when adding it to the post.
scullion
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Where is the desktop on an iPhone???
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2020, 5:35 pm

onto the desktop of your laptop (if you have one).
i'm trying to find how i've done it in the past. i hope that's not something that's been lost in the last update!
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2020, 5:45 pm

right, if you email it to yourself, when you hit send it asks you for the size you want to send it as. anything less than 600 kb will do. can't find a way, just at the minute, to find a way to put it into a place to transfer it to the board within the iPhone.
scullion
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Thanks. No laptop but do have a PC. Thanks.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 14th, 2020, 6:42 pm

I have got an android phone. Once I have emailed downsized photos to myself I can download the email attachment to the files on my phone and post on the Wildfood page from the file.

(with regard to the bees, bearing in mind we are coming into spring I expect Uschi is right that they overwintered somewhere in the house - do they appear in roughly the same place?)
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 15th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby uschi » March 16th, 2020, 12:21 pm

uschi
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 16th, 2020, 8:07 pm