[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - THE DAILY YOKE

THE DAILY YOKE

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: THE DAILY YOKE

Postby Grasshopper » August 13th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Like that one, Gruney!!!!
:bounce:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 14th, 2019, 4:45 am

Its the way you tell ‘em ... :lol: ;)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » August 14th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Two elderly ladies paying their last respects to the husband of one of them.

The widow says - "Such a shame - he died because he wouldn't tell anyone his blood group. But he was brave until the end - I'll always remember his last words of encouragement to me - be positive".
Gruney
Registered

Postby Oat » August 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oat
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » August 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm

:lol: *groans* :lol:
:lol:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 15th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 15th, 2019, 2:22 pm

:? :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 15th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 30th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Not really a joke ... but Chatterbox didn’t feel the right place for a sort of amusing foodie news item today

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 1.html?amp
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 30th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Funny - but what the dickens was flour to be used to feed the public doing being transported like that? :?
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » September 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Caesar manages to get a couple of tickets for the final - for himself and Brutus.

He arrives well before the start, and is enjoying the match, but no Brutus.

Eventually, Brutus turns up. "Sorry I'm late, Caesar - there was a traffic accident - chariots all over the place. What's the score?"

Caesar replied

Eight - two Brute.
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 4th, 2019, 2:26 pm

:rolleyes: :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » December 12th, 2019, 11:48 am

An American travels to the West Coast of Ireland, to find out how they conduct their elections.

Well, says the local, you go into the little booth with a piece of paper showing a list of the people standing - you'll see a pencil, and you just put a cross againt the one you like the look of. The one with the most crosses wins.

The American - this all seems very simple, but aren't you worried about security?

No, says the old lad - we've thought about that. We tie a piece of string to the end of the pencil.
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 12th, 2019, 12:00 pm

:tu: :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » December 12th, 2019, 12:08 pm

:tu: :tu:
aero280
Site Admin

Postby aero280 » December 12th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Well, we hve just been to vote and I can confirm that all the pencils were present and tied on with string! :)
aero280
Site Admin

Postby scullion » December 19th, 2019, 11:16 am

scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 19th, 2019, 11:58 am

You have to laugh or you’d cry and cry and cry ... and it’s wet enough around here and he’s proved he’s no help in a flood ... https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/11/boris-jo ... -11077415/
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 19th, 2019, 3:40 pm

I'm sure there is a 'Should've gone to Specsavers' joke there somewhere.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » January 4th, 2020, 11:14 pm

In 1827, Beethoven died. The general feeling was that he should be put in a glass coffin, with all his accoutrements, for the general public to pay their respects to the great man.

All went well for well over 100 years, until one day, there was a terrible scream from a lady visitor.

The curator rushed to the scene - "whatever's the matter, madam?"

"It was terrible - he moved".

"What do you mean, he moved?"

"He picked up his rubber, and started to wipe it over his manuscript!"

"Oh that's all right, madam - he's just slowly decomposing".
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » January 5th, 2020, 4:52 am

:rolleyes: :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » January 31st, 2020, 4:06 pm

The Germans do have a sense of humour! :o

In their equivalent of the "Daily Mash", etc. there is an article warning all Germans to search through their Euro coins and spend the British issued ones "because they will be worthless after midnight" :D They even include pictures showing the way to identify British coins...

https://www.der-postillon.com/2020/01/b ... enzen.html
aero280
Site Admin

Postby scullion » January 31st, 2020, 8:39 pm

scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 31st, 2020, 9:18 pm

The depiction of fish and chips is humorous if nothing else!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 3rd, 2020, 8:53 pm

Having one of those embarrassing moments, when you realise there is no toilet paper & you have to do that awkward waddle with your trousers half down.
But not to worry I am almost at Aldi now.
Last edited by hickybank on February 4th, 2020, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 3rd, 2020, 9:01 pm

:shock: :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » February 6th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Inspired by the Naturewatch thread.

Two cormorants on a perch. One says to the other - "Can you smell fish?"
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 6th, 2020, 2:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » February 6th, 2020, 9:35 pm

Apparently Liverpool FC tried to use Yul Brynner in an advertising campaign for a men's deoderant. It didn't take off. Yul never wore cologne.
Gruney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 6th, 2020, 9:44 pm

:lol: groan- where do you get them from Gruney?
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby hickybank » February 6th, 2020, 10:06 pm

Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 6th, 2020, 10:36 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear ............ :lol:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » February 9th, 2020, 8:59 pm

*groans*
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Gruney » February 22nd, 2020, 12:36 pm

The "Japanglish" thread reminded me of the story of the Chinese firm who thought they would compile a book of English proverbs.

It failed to take off, when "out of sight - out of mind" translated to "invisible - insane."
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 22nd, 2020, 12:42 pm

suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » February 23rd, 2020, 1:22 pm

One of the contributors on the car forum has admitted to having five cars. One is a diesel estate for work. His wife has a small car. He bought a people carrier for the family. He also has a convertible "for the summer" and a car that he's doing up as a "project", along with a scrap one that is being used as "spares" for the "project"...

Another poster on the forum has suggested that he's suffering from car owner virus... :rolleyes:
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Oat » February 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm

Oat
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » February 23rd, 2020, 8:46 pm

SOMEONE had to come out with that! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Gruney » February 27th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Forecast to snow here last night, but when I got up and looked out the window I found David Jason getting out of a police car.

Turns out it was just a Touch of Frost.
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 27th, 2020, 2:53 pm

suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 27th, 2020, 5:01 pm

earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 2nd, 2020, 10:22 pm

Got this text yesterday. Do you think it's a scam?

Congratulations you are a winner in our draw. You have won either £250 cash or two tickets for an Elvis Presley tribute concert.

Please press
1 For the money
2 for the show
Gruney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 2nd, 2020, 10:32 pm

earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 4th, 2020, 4:30 pm

A bit of relief from the coronovirus thread.

Chap walks to the counter of a small cocktail lounge - there's nobody there.

After a couple of seconds he hears a voice say - " you're very handsome, you know."

Still nobody there.

"And you've got lovely eyes."

It went on like this for a couple of minutes, until the barmaid appeared. He related what had happened, and that he was a bit alarmed.

"Oh don't worry" she said, "it's just the complimentary peanuts".
Gruney
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 4th, 2020, 4:35 pm

:D
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » March 4th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Thanks Gruney :D Think we need some jokes at the moment :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 5th, 2020, 3:46 pm

A shameless pinch from facebook.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 15.45.16.png
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Gruney » March 17th, 2020, 8:55 pm

A priest, a vicar and a rabbit walk into a blood bank. The rabbit says "I think I might be a type 0".
Gruney
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 17th, 2020, 9:18 pm

:lol: Very good Gruney.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 17th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Love it! :lol: :lol:
earthmaiden