Lighting a candle

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Lighting a candle

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 29th, 2018, 9:20 pm

StokeySue wrote:I had understood that Patsy was going to Canada for a funeral, but not that it was Lawrie’s, who I remeber hearing about when his mother died. RIP Lawrie and have a good trip Pat

I'm back … a bit jet lagged, but seem to have picked up some kind of bug as for the last few days, everything I have eaten has caused stomach cramps and gone straight through me … thank goodness I had upgraded to Premium class so was able to almost fully recline in the seat and got about 4 hours sleep on the way home. Unfortunately I had to decline the alcohol that was on offer ;) ;) ;) :( :( :(

Lawrie had a magnificent send off with about 150 people at his memorial service, including about 30 Masons .. Couldn't help thinking that he might still have been here today if he had accepted chemotherapy when it was first advised, instead of putting his faith in Naturopathy, a 'miracle cure' clinic in Mexico and a Faith healer called 'John of God' who apparently cures up to 25,000 people on a regular basis (0n the basis that Chemo kills you :rolleyes: ) … :cry: :cry: :cry:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 29th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Glad you’re home safe and sound Patsy ... hopefully getting back to normal will get your system back to normal.
If sounds as well if you all gave Lawrie a wonderful send off ... a shame that he opted out of the possibility of staying around a bit longer but he did it the way he wanted ...

Now make sure you get some rest :hug:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 30th, 2018, 9:47 am

Take care Pat. As Suffs says he did it his way, as everyone is entitled to. :hug: :hug:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 30th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Welcome home Patsy - hope you feel better soon. :hug: :wave:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop