I keep burning my pans

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

I keep burning my pans

Postby Wordsworth » July 1st, 2010, 7:00 am

I moved house a couple of weeks ago, to a much larger place that needs a huge amount of renovation - we're probably talking about a year or so I think.

My 2 immediate issues are
- the lack of a shower, which is currently being addressed, and should be sorted by 12 July :)

- I have inherited a halogen hob :roll: , which doesn't seem to agree with my pans.
They are Le Creusets, they were a wedding present in 1991 and I have looked after them properly.
*Everything* is sticking to them and it is driving me nuts. Last night I made a chilli and left it to simmer - as much
of a simmer as you can do on one of these things - ie the ring was set at less than number 1, and it burned and stuck.

Porridge is the same, as is savoury rice.
Seems to be anything you don't stand over & stir.

Anyone got any suggestions? Please?
Wordsworth
Registered

Re: I keep burning my pans

Postby Bazzer » July 1st, 2010, 7:03 am

Drop a saucepan on hob.
Le Creusets deserve better.
The Miserable Old Git At The End Of The Bar, On His Own And Moaning

http://www.overthegate.co.uk A friendly forum for country matters
Bazzer
Registered

Postby LeCreusetFiend » July 1st, 2010, 8:41 am

Why, thank you Bazzer - I didn't know you cared ;-)

When I briefly rented a flat near work, it had a halogen hob. I took my beloved Le Creuset casseroles with me, and had exactly the same problems. The pans that had served me so well just didn't work without constant attention hopping them on and off the hob.

The only way I found to get round it was to simmer things like chilli or ragu in a lowish oven with the lid on, but slightly ajar, rather than leave it on the stove.
LeCreusetFiend
Registered

Postby globetrotter » July 1st, 2010, 11:32 am

Tend to agree with Bazzer, anything that makes food stick/burn in Le Creuset pans doesn't deserve kitchen room! :lol:
globetrotter
Registered

Postby 4dogsagain » July 1st, 2010, 12:09 pm

I have found that Le Creuset pans tend to stick. I inherited a couple when I married my husband, and found that they are better for pot plants than cooking. :(
I prefer stanless steel or Corning glass
Don't stop doing things because you are growing old; you only grow old if you stop doing things.
4dogsagain
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop