Looking after our parents (part 2)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Looking after our parents (part 2)

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 22nd, 2013, 4:05 pm

Doh, makes you wonder if they listen to the carer at all :hug:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

I know Chinch....why do I bother telling them what she needs :roll:

Anyway, at least she will have a visit twice a day, I will ring up or ask mum to ring me when they arrive and I will see if we can change the eveing time....it's just waisting there time!

She will be at her Beetle Drive right now having tea and sandwiches, no point me going down tonight as she will not need any dinner.....a rare Friday night off for me :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby Suelle » February 22nd, 2013, 4:43 pm

One of the problems with care in the client's own home, which is why I was refusing it for my mother before she died, is that everyone would ideally want help at the same time - when they get up, at meal times, and getting to bed. This just isn't possible to achieve for everyone under the present system. The only way to offer that would be one-to-one care, which would be prohibitively expensive for local councils and most people paying privately. As a new client, I dare say your mum is being given what slots are available in the care assistants' timetables, Trish. Perhaps things will change as time goes by, and becomes an established client.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby sueturnersmith » February 22nd, 2013, 10:04 pm

I have heard of cases where the carer comes to put the client to bed at 4pm! It's all down to the amount of time available, and the number of carers supplied by the council, plus finance, of course! I doubt whether you will ever get a carer to come at exactly the time your mother needs help. Have you considered full time care in a care home?
I'm as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth!
sueturnersmith
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 23rd, 2013, 11:05 am

My elderly friend of 85 wants some home help twice a week - but absolutely insists that they only come in the morning ......... I have tried explaining to her that EVERYONE wants their home help in the mornings, but she said she would rather do without..... and she closely supervises everything they do ... even the gardener gets 'help' from her - last week she said she was holding the chair so that he could cut down a large bush :o I told her that there's no way she could save him should he fall, but she is so fiercely independant and her way is the only way.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » February 23rd, 2013, 2:30 pm

I had the same problem with my mum - she wanted to get up at 7 am and go to bed at 10:30 BUT couldn't understand that the carers were not at her beck and call and had dozens of other people to get round in a day. When it snowed heavily one year they came at 5 and said that they would have to put her to bed then (she was very disabled and couldn't do anything without help - not even get to the loo) She was fuming as she wanted to stay up and couldn't understand that there was no traffic on the roads and that the poor carers were having to trudge through the snow to get around. She kept ringing the office but of course there was no-one there. I managed to calm her down. She used to have someone come in at 2 in the morning to get her to the loo! And during that terrible winter the carer arrived on the dot of 2 having walked through the snow to the few people that she had to see! I take my hat off to the carers of this world - the ones I have had contact with have been amazing :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 23rd, 2013, 9:08 pm

I visited my Aged Ps today, when I got there the staff told me Ma had a fall yesterday morning - they'd called paramedics as she seemed in pain but the decision was that nothing was broken (her hips are painful all the time - you can hear them grinding as she 'walks') so they didn't take her to hospital. However, she was very confused; staff thought she might have been in shock, so she was put to bed for the day. She was still not right first thing this morning, telling staff when they went in to get her up and dressed that she'd already been out and taken the dogs for a walk :?

By the time I got there this morning she was much more herself and staff brought her down to sit in Pa's room with him as she does most days. She was in a good mood and quite chatty and was able to give me the £8 she owed me and know what change she should have from a tenner.

She couldn't remember falling, although she remembered the paramedics checking her over, but she said they put her in the ambulance for 2 hours (I think she was thinking about last time she fell and was taken to hospital). Staff said that she's been doing some strange things lately - more confused than usual.

I'm wondering if she's having TIAs?
Last edited by suffolk on February 23rd, 2013, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 24th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Oh dear Suffs :hug: :hug:

Up at 6.00 am today to change bedding, went back to bed for a while but couldnt sleep (me that is, not mum). Just given mum last of antibiotics, her chest is a bit better but the wheezing and coughing hasnt gone all together, will have to see how things progress after the anti-b's wear off.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby uschi » February 24th, 2013, 1:28 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: for Suffolk and Chinch (and anyone who needs them!).

I get woken by the remote doorbell that serves as calling button for us occasionally when Papa presses it by mistake. If it's a false alarm I go to bed again and go under within seconds. :lol:

I have to say this for him, he uses it sparingly at night, and even during the day he doesn't want to "chase" me about too much. It makes life easier for us.
uschi
Registered

Postby MischievousRealRo » February 24th, 2013, 3:51 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for all

Have settled Dad into lovely care home

http://www.thewhitehousecarehome.com

Mum was much better than I expected but think she has come to terms with it. He is booked in for a week but can come out sooner if he or my Mum want but at least the option is there. Took Mum to the Garden Centre for coffee afterward which relaxed her and helped settle her too.

We were very very lucky to get the room at such short notice and so nearby. Persuaded Dad that Mum wouldn't be going to visit him every day although she would visit as it was for her to have a rest as well. He understood and agreed with that. Peace may have temporarily broken out :)

Take care :hug: :hug:
In life you don't regret the things you do, you regret the things you don't do." - Hugh Laurie

Save the planet it's the only one with wine!
MischievousRealRo
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 24th, 2013, 4:34 pm

It looks super Ro - hopefully your Dad will get the care he needs and your Mum will get a rest and the chance to take stock about what's needed for both their futures, to enable them both to get the most :hug: out of the rest of their lives.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby uschi » February 24th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Good news!!! I hope it'll all work out well!!!
uschi
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 24th, 2013, 5:17 pm

That looks really lovely Ro, well done. :hug:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 25th, 2013, 9:49 am

MischievousRealRo wrote: Peace may have temporarily broken out

Long may it continue! :tu: :tu: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 25th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Well done Ro

Afternoon wild campers :D

Well confusion is still reigning with mum. I took her to get her hair done on Saturday, she was still in bed when I sent to pick her up, 11am :shock: The carer had been in and said ( notes in book ) that mum was insistant that she was too tired to get up so was given a bed wash and a cuppa and a piece of toast, cream applied and she was going back to sleep.

After the hairdressers, we did the shopping and then the washing and her housework.

On Sat around 7pm mum rang to ask when we were going shopping, I said we went earlier, she was adamant that she had not been out of the house, when I said that she had been to the hairdressers too, she laughed and said "I would have known if I had been to the hairdressers"....I told her to have a look in a mirror ( there is one above the fireplace beside her chair) "Oh yes! my hair has been done....I can't remember that happening". :?

On Sunday I took her down some homemade dinners and sat with her to watch the Rugby. I was with her for about 2 hours. On Sunday eve she rang saying that someone had come to visit, a nice lady who stayed for 2 hours chatting to her...I don't know if she was refering to me or her evening carer :? :shock:

sueturnersmith wrote:I have heard of cases where the carer comes to put the client to bed at 4pm! It's all down to the amount of time available, and the number of carers supplied by the council, plus finance, of course! I doubt whether you will ever get a carer to come at exactly the time your mother needs help. Have you considered full time care in a care home?

Yes Sue, I have also been looking at care homes. £1,000 per week! :shock: If the worse comes to the worse then of course thats were she will have to go, but I would get private care in before that and if that was not enough then a care home it would have to be.
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby Suelle » February 25th, 2013, 12:48 pm

tinyTrishkins wrote:
Yes Sue, I have also been looking at care homes. £1,000 per week! :shock: If the worse comes to the worse then of course thats were she will have to go, but I would get private care in before that and if that was not enough then a care home it would have to be.

By the time she left hospital, my mother was too weak and too confused to cope at home even with 5 visits a day promised by carers coming in. Even the hospital and social services realised by then that she couldn't be left alone at all. There was no choice except a nursing home which she had to pay for; unfortunately she was only there two weeks before she died. I think it might have been the thought of forking out the money which finished her off. One of the last things she said to me the last time I saw her was - "I expect I'm paying a lot for this!" :lol:

Her savings and the money from the sale of her house would have lasted about three years - at the point she went in we knew she wouldn't live that long, although we didn't expect her to pass away so soon. The care home was used by the local authority too, so I think she would have been able to stay in the same place if the money ran out. That was £700 a week for residential care - not quite as much as the one you've looked at.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby StokeySue » February 25th, 2013, 12:54 pm

That's the case with my Mum too Sue

She needs some responsible person on the premises, & preferably awake, 24/7 - not safe other wise
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 27th, 2013, 10:30 am

Good morning wild carers ;)

Well mum is enjoying having the carers, I read the notes and the morning carer often helps mum with her shower, which is good, means she gets her hair washed :tu:

The evening carer writes that nothing needs doing, mum not ready for bed so we had a lovely chat. :tu:

I have noticed though that mums stories are getting more and more absured. She said the other night ( well in fact rang me at 10pm) to tell me that after her carer had left her she had met another carer in reception ( she knew this cause she had followed her after she left her place ) and they were walking around, mum was worried they were trying to break into to other's flats :roll:

She has just rung me to say that someone has put a note through her door, it said " Sorry you were out when I called"....now she is in a panic wondering who it could have been. :hug: I asked her if the person had put their name on the note, she said she didn't know as she has ripped it up and put it in the bin....I'll check the bin when I go down, no doubt it was just and excuse to ring me.
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 27th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Afternoon All

Big :hug: :hug: :hug: for all us carers who need one, I know I do. Just had a panic with mum, said she had tightness in her chest and felt unwell. Checked pulse (o.k.) not clammy and sweating, not pale. Said I will 'phone 999 anyway to be on the safe side. Within a few seconds she was feeling fine and what was for lunch as she hadnt had anything to eat since last night :shock: Who ate the bowl of cereal and fruit this morning I wonder ;)

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 27th, 2013, 1:27 pm

:hug: :hug: Chinch....they do do the most strangest things...like they don't already have our attention :roll:

A funny thing that mum said in this mornings phone call was:

" Yes the carer came this morning, she put cream all over my body, don't know what that was about" :lol:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 28th, 2013, 10:31 am

Morning wild carers ;)

I actually got to speak to one of mums carers this morning, mum rang me and asked if I would like to speak to Debbie...

We had a nice chat, she seems nice. I mentioned that it was good that they were making sure mum took her meds and also give her a hand in the shower as she can't wash her hair by her self, the carer said nothing like that had been recorded on her sheet, I said NO sadly there is nothing really on the sheet, the sheet say's that mum is fine! I gave her the run down on mum so she knows this history rather than relying on what mum say's.

The sheet say's that mum is totally continent, the carer asked me if mum needed the tena ladies, I explained that she does sometimes have accidents or dribbles and feels more secure with them on. Of course when mum was asked if she was totally continent her reply was of course she is :roll:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » February 28th, 2013, 11:29 am

Oh dear!!! :lol:

I hope the nice carer will know how best to document this for the other's information.

When Papa managed to get that quick appointment last week I also found that he had a bed sore, or rather a chair sore on his tailbone area. About a cent piece in size. I nearly had a fit. I've been trying to get him to use a different chair or something else to bolster it with, but to no avail.

The doctor prescribed plasters (which don't stick properly, so we're not using them anymore) and I found him the cushions from the wheelchairs which do the trick. The sore is healing nicely without plaster, so I just put in a sanitary pad and use a cream based on cod liver oil and medical honey. It looks really good now and has hardly any scabbing on it. :kneel:

The cream was a tip from someone who suffered from leg ulcers all her life. It's expensive, but what the Heck.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » February 28th, 2013, 11:57 am

Well done you Uschi, your dad is really lucky having you at hand :tu:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » February 28th, 2013, 12:20 pm

It wasn't rocket science. He's got "good healing flesh" as we say here, that makes life easier.
uschi
Registered

Postby MischievousRealRo » February 28th, 2013, 5:29 pm

uschi wrote: cream based on cod liver oil and medical honey

Uschi - what is the cream called please? I've had a quick Google but can't find anything like it. Was thinking it would be good for my Dad's leg.

He seems to be enjoying himself in the lovely home and Mum looks a lot better for the rest and for getting the antibiotics for the chest infection. I actually took the day off from running around after them today - the plan being to catch up on things at home. Epic fail about 1 o'clock I felt so tired I just had to go to bed and didn't wake up until 4.15pm!! Bit of a waste of a day.

Mum and Dad have also decided that it is not sensible to go back to Spain on Tuesday. I've been trying to cancel the flight but last night spent 15 minutes of the phone to somehwere in India and was then transferred to somewhere in the UK and promptly got cut off. I've emailed them but had no reply so far. May try again with the phone tonight.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for all the wild carers
In life you don't regret the things you do, you regret the things you don't do." - Hugh Laurie

Save the planet it's the only one with wine!
MischievousRealRo
Registered

Postby uschi » February 28th, 2013, 7:39 pm

MischievousRealRo wrote:
uschi wrote: cream based on cod liver oil and medical honey

Uschi - what is the cream called please? I've had a quick Google but can't find anything like it. Was thinking it would be good for my Dad's leg.

It's called L- Mesitran and is a Dutch make. It's not cheap at 12,50 Euros a 20 g tube, but it might be cheaper in Britain.

http://www.l-mesitran.com/en/faq

Ro, catching up on sleep can't be wrong. You need to look after yourself. Your house won't fall down if you don't do your chores, but you might have a breakdown if you don't get enough rest. :hug:
Last edited by uschi on February 28th, 2013, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 5th, 2013, 9:13 am

Morning wild carers ;)

Quiet on here the past few days ;)

I got down to mums last night to find her in the kitchen....she had dinged a dinner. Ah good I thought I can check and see if she has done it hot enough.....she bought out a bowl with the Cauli & Broccoli bake in it, which I had made a couple of days ago....then there was a creamy beigie coloured runny goupy stuff which I didn't recognise. I had a little taste :sprout: She had mixed in the same bowl the Caul bake with a creme brulee :shock:

I explaned what she had done, didn't matter to her she sat down and scoffed the whole lot and said it was the tastiest meal she had ever eaten :lol: :sprout:

I am a bit puzzled with the carers, I have noted in her report book that mum has had the same clothes on for over a week now and could they prompt her into changing them....her morning carer gets there before mum gets up so there is no reason she can't just get different ones from her wardrobe. When I arrived last night she still had those same clothes on :twisted:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 9:38 am

Ah, what a worry.

Papa is experimenting with new painkillers and the jury is still out on them. The pain is starting to immobilize him and I am getting worried. So we practice walking daily and he sleeps a lot. I am hoping that the sun will help a bit, too.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 5th, 2013, 9:58 am

Uschi, that's a bit of worry, the sun will be good and the walking but should the painkillers be immobilizing his movements :?

I just rang mum to remind her that she has morning coffee at 10am, I asked her what she was wearing and she discribed the same as she has had on all last week :twisted: I could hear her carer in the background so I asked mum to put her on the phone. I asked if she had seen the note I had written...yes she had but she said that could only prompt mum into changing...well I said could you please prompt her as she shouldn't be wearing the same clothes every day and also she could be the brunt of gossip at morning coffee if people start to notice that she is not changing, which could have an effect on her. The carer said she understood what I was getting at and would try and pursuade mum into changing today....I suggested that if she arrives before mum has gotten dressed could she not put what mum has had on her chair into the washing basket then she would have to change...the Carer said "That's a good Idea" :roll:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 5th, 2013, 10:06 am

Sorry, I phrased that wrongly. He needs the painkillers to stay mobile, but with Crohn's it is difficult to find a painkiller that agrees with him.

That's a real worry with your carers!
The outfit who looked after my neighbour worked hand in glove with the cleaner who came round. The carer sorted the clothing and the cleaner did the washing on washing day, folded everything up and left things to be put away by the carers (they needed to know where things were, so sorting was their domain).

The carers would also let the guardian know when new clothes were needed.
Last edited by uschi on March 5th, 2013, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 5th, 2013, 10:10 am

Ah, got you now. I will try and get mum out into the ressies garden once it has warmed up...just to sit in the sunshine for half an hour works wonders :D
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 6th, 2013, 11:13 am

Morning wild carers ;)

Uschi, mums carers are sent by the council, they don't seem to have much clout, they say they can only prompt mum to do things, I think this is a bit obsered, how can you prompt someone with dementia, she can't remember what was said to her 2 mins previously :?

I had mum on the phone 5 times last night, she received a letter from her dentist to say that she was due a check up...well this has put her in a spin, she doesn't know what to do about it. I tried to calm her down and told her that I would ring the practice up and as it was the same dentist as OH and he has a check up soon we will get an appointment for her the same time as OH. This was the best news she heard all day :D ....then I got another 4 phone calls to tell me the same thing, this was at 11pm so I was a bit frazzled and on the last phone call I had to ask her to leave me in peace.... :shock: I felt very guilty after hanging up but I was so tired.

I have rung her this morning and she is none the wiser about the phone calls, I don't feel so bad now.
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 11:24 am

I know what you mean, Trish. :hug:

Our remote doorbell (my father's alarm button) went at shortly past three tonight. He was sorting his bag in the loo and had a small breakdown. While he had managed not to fall, holding onto the sink, he could not move. So I put the rolator under him and wheeled him into the bathroom so he could finish putting on the new bag. It didn't take long and he's fine now, but it did rather scramble my night. :D No gym this morning. He missed a meal, so I made sure he got his breakfast and is walking steadily.
Last edited by uschi on March 6th, 2013, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 6th, 2013, 11:45 am

Gosh Uschi, I should thank my lucky stars I don't have to deal with anything like that :shock: :kneel:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 12:30 pm

It wasn't a problem. I just had to wheel him around on his rolator and he did the rest. Phew! This is when sleeping in the same flat is a boon. I sleep directly beside the loo (well, the loo room). :lol: :lol: :lol:
uschi
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » March 6th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Your ace Uschi :hug:

Thought I'd share this, Gent who retired from here last year has just moved into here with his wife to free up some money from the big house

http://www.belong.org.uk/Crewe.php

He says its ace, looks like the idea is catching on too.
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby uschi » March 6th, 2013, 1:07 pm

It's a good idea!
uschi
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 6th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Aren't parents such a worry. God knows who will look after me if OH goes first and vise vera. He has no family left to speak of just distant cousins, I have a brother but he wouldn't be interested unless there was money in it for him, which there will not be if I have anything to do with it, he has cooked his goose as far as I am concerned, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 6th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Know the feeling Ice...my :twisted: brother still hangs up on me if I answer mum's phone....so much for telling the solicitor that communication between us is not a problem :roll:

Pity there is nothing like that in Scotland. Looks good!
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » March 6th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Gent who moved has invited us old work friends around for a lunch when he is settled, in "his Bistro", I think he gets food from there most meals, his wife does'nt enjoy cooking.

look forward to it :D
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 9th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Afternoon wild carers ;)

OH and I took mum shopping today, OH had to come with us as I only have the use of one arm at present....shopping all done, mums washing all done and put in the dryer. OH and I went of to our local to watch the rugby. I have just phoned her to ask if she had put her shopping away ( she insisted as I am injured ) that she would put her own shopping away!

Her reply was " What shopping?" :lol: she said there was nothing in the kitchen to put away...she has obviously done it and forgotten :hug: ...I asked if she had taken her clothes out of the dryer, her reply was "what dryer"..bless her cotton socks :hug:

She is coming up to ours tomorrow for mothers day, she is in charge of peeling the veg, she is so looking forward to it! after lunch we are taking her out to the band. She will have a full on day, alas at the end of it she won't remember a scoobie...live for the moment does my mum ;)
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 9th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Whether she remembers or not, the body chemistry that is set by happy moments should last her a bit.
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 11th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Good evening wild carers :D

Uschi, you are exactly right! Mum had a lovely day yesterday, no she can't remember it but her mood is much better today...so much so when I rang her at lunch time to say I may not be able to get down to see her tonight due to the snow she was absolutely fine with that.

To make things even easier for me she rang me at 5.30pm, not to say "are you coming down tonight" but she said " Oh Trish, just thought I had better let you know that I have done my own dinner tonight, it's horrible outside and you shouldn't come down" :hug: :hug:
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 11th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Aaaw, there you go!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 12th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Evening wild carers ;)

Oh well good mood has been spoiled!

Mum mentioned last night that a coloured man called at 9.30pm....she promptley told him to go away, turns out he was her evening carer.

Now when we had discussions about her carers, we stipulated that mum would only entertain women carers. Now mum is racially predjudice...I know it's no PC but she is. This evening she rang me again very distressed that this 'coloured' man had come to put her into her nighty!

I spoke to him on the phone and apologised and explained to him that she did not want a man visiting in the evening to put her into her nightclothes.... he was very pleasant and said he would inform his bosses. As will I in the morning.

Am I being pernickity? But I do think it very odd that when one has told the carering co. that A. she only wants women. B. she is racially predudice, that they would send a black man in the eveing to put her to bed....honestly don't they pay a blind bit of notice to what their clients requirements are?

She has just phoned again, she doesn't want anyone calling in the evenings now, white, black, male , female! well I can hardly blame her!
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby uschi » March 12th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Oh dear! The good thing may be that she may have forgotten about this tomorrow. :hug: :hug:
uschi
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 13th, 2013, 8:39 am

Morning wild carers ;)

Uschi, she had forgotton about the visit the night before when she didn't let him in, she will forget about last night too, but there is no point in him coming if she won't let him in. I am going to ring them this morning and see if they will cancel the evening visits, they really arn't needed.

The morning ones are great! cause if mum hasn't got up by the time they come, she gets up when they are there and they can give her a hand in the shower, that's much more important.

She is having a full on day today, her two nieces are coming over from Glasgow to take her out for lunch...well as mum puts it "My neice and her friend"...they are both nieces! :lol: One has always been a neice the other is a neice by marriage but that was 40yrs ago ;)

Then she has afternoon T in the lounge, the neices usually stay for that too before they drive back. :D
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby Fiona » March 13th, 2013, 10:18 am

tinyTrishkins wrote: One has always been a neice the other is a neice by marriage but that was 40yrs ago ;)

I'm with your mum on this one Trish, I am always fussy about describing relationships exactly. For example I would never refer to OH brother's wife as my sister in law, she is his sister-in law, but not mine. I call her my b-i-l's wife or OH s-i-l, and their children are OH nephews, not mine. My nephew is my sisters son.

Re the carers, I wonder just how many elderly ladies are happy to be helped into their nighty by a man? My guess would be very few.

Fiona :)
Fiona
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 13th, 2013, 10:31 am

Hi fiona

Yes, ladies of a certain age would not entertain a man putting them in their nighties.

Anyway that problem has now been resolved as I have cancelled the eveing visits, and the morning visits will be stricktly by women :D
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

Postby tinyTrishkins » March 13th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Just been speaking to my cusion, I rang mum to make sure she was going to afternoon T...they had just got back from taking her out to lunch.

My cuison ( why can't I spell it right ) said she had beeing trying to persuade mum into buying some new trousers as hers were really old...mum was having none of it.

I told her that every time I take her shopping I try and get her to get new ones but she always says "I'm not in the mood" Mags said that is exactly what she told her :lol:

I told Mags that she has plenty of trousers in the wardrobe, all lovely and all fit...I heard her tell mum this and mum insisted she didn't have any only the ones she has on :lol: Mags told me that she was going to get all her good trousers out and put them on the bed for her so she knows what she's got! I just said "Good Luck"!

Mags also told me that mum said she hasn't seen me for weeks, but Mags said she knows that not to be the case as she has seen my notes in the carers book, last one was last night ;)
tT Yeah that's me!

tinyTrishkins
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop