Gin

Down below the coffee shop is the cellar. Perfect for keeping the home made tipples a bit stronger than coffee or tea :-)

Moderator: cheshire-cheese

Re: Gin

Postby Zosherooney » July 22nd, 2016, 5:46 pm

Earth, thank you for this link. Laverstoke Mill used to be a place where they printed bank notes back in the past. I used to travel that road every day for a year when I was at Basingstoke tech. I am currently suggesting to our community bus peeps a possible trip over for all the gin lovers !!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: Gin

Postby Zosherooney » July 12th, 2017, 6:17 pm

DSC_0015.JPG

This is where you can see some of the herbs and spices growing, it's very warm in here, would not mind this as my new greenhouse !

There are various Bombay Sapphire experiences available, I chose the least expensive, £15 for me and £13.50 for the old geezer ! I initially sucked in air sharply but now am happy to wax lyrical about our experience - good value. It is still a work in progress but very discreet, and some of the buildings tell a historic tale. Its location is beautiful, set on a chalk river in Test Valley. You do need to book ahead, no good just turning up. Without going into huge detail, JUST GO! We were highly impressed with the 2 hour tour, the information was in-depth and very interesting. I knew some but there is a lot more. There is a BS drink in with the price of your ticket, and a non alcho. one for the driver (me) but I got a take away (Gin and Fevertree) to bring home. Got a bit carried away in the shop !!! Bought Star of Bombay - Scrum-Delish :chops: :chops: :cocktail: :cocktail: A Collins glass (it's blue at the bottom) !

The staff are very well versed in their subject and are genuinely enthusiastic about the product. I do believe the owner of BS who are Bacardi have spent a HUGE amount of dosh on making this a really good hands on experience. If you know you are going to be in the area, try and book, you are in for a treat. :hi5:

I organised a coolbox picnic and we managed to find a nice spot to sit overlooking a trout lake in Longparish... A thoroughly wonderful day.
Zosherooney
Registered

Previous

Return to The Cellar