Gin

Down below the coffee shop is the cellar. Perfect for keeping the home made tipples a bit stronger than coffee or tea :-)

Moderator: cheshire-cheese

Re: Gin

Postby Zosherooney » July 22nd, 2016, 5:46 pm

Earth, thank you for this link. Laverstoke Mill used to be a place where they printed bank notes back in the past. I used to travel that road every day for a year when I was at Basingstoke tech. I am currently suggesting to our community bus peeps a possible trip over for all the gin lovers !!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 12th, 2017, 6:17 pm

DSC_0015.JPG

This is where you can see some of the herbs and spices growing, it's very warm in here, would not mind this as my new greenhouse !

There are various Bombay Sapphire experiences available, I chose the least expensive, £15 for me and £13.50 for the old geezer ! I initially sucked in air sharply but now am happy to wax lyrical about our experience - good value. It is still a work in progress but very discreet, and some of the buildings tell a historic tale. Its location is beautiful, set on a chalk river in Test Valley. You do need to book ahead, no good just turning up. Without going into huge detail, JUST GO! We were highly impressed with the 2 hour tour, the information was in-depth and very interesting. I knew some but there is a lot more. There is a BS drink in with the price of your ticket, and a non alcho. one for the driver (me) but I got a take away (Gin and Fevertree) to bring home. Got a bit carried away in the shop !!! Bought Star of Bombay - Scrum-Delish :chops: :chops: :cocktail: :cocktail: A Collins glass (it's blue at the bottom) !

The staff are very well versed in their subject and are genuinely enthusiastic about the product. I do believe the owner of BS who are Bacardi have spent a HUGE amount of dosh on making this a really good hands on experience. If you know you are going to be in the area, try and book, you are in for a treat. :hi5:

I organised a coolbox picnic and we managed to find a nice spot to sit overlooking a trout lake in Longparish... A thoroughly wonderful day.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 24th, 2017, 1:46 pm

DSC_0013.JPG

I'm still practising my latest sizing skill in the photo dept. This one is of the designer (think, Channel) examples of gin drinking vessels at Bombay Sapphire distillery. The pared glass lemon rind forms the stem of the glass, staggering beautiful !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby hickybank » September 24th, 2017, 2:16 pm

That sounds a great place to visit Zosh & that glass is simply stunning, at £15 that is great value for money to.
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 24th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Can't wait to go there!!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 28th, 2017, 5:44 pm

A fab experience. I am glad we went in July, although it was cloudy we were able to sit next to the river and drink our cocktails outside.
Zosherooney
Registered

Previous

Return to The Cellar