[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Herbes De Mallorca

Herbes De Mallorca

Down below the coffee shop is the cellar. Perfect for keeping the home made tipples a bit stronger than coffee or tea :-)

Moderator: cheshire-cheese

Herbes De Mallorca

Postby Zosherooney » October 9th, 2016, 5:58 am

I tried one of these recently, it turned out to be Anis with a pile of savoury herbs infused. I thought about buying a bottle (22 proof) 70 cl for 15 euros. Then I decided to make my own for Christm*s. Bought a litre bottle of Anis (40 proof) from Lidl for 7.65 euros and picked some of the still flowering yellow herb that grows along the side of the roads all over Spain that is either aniseed or wild fennel. Rosemary, mint and marjoram will probably follow.... Roll on the festivities ! :xtree: :xtree: :xtree:
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: Herbes De Mallorca

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2016, 9:11 am

Are there rules about how to do this? I am always wary of infusing things like that after reading about botulism when things are added to olive oil incorrectly. Do the herbs have to be fully dried or anything?
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2016, 9:43 am

I think we've discussed the dangers of this before - I've a feeling Ian gave a definitive answer but I can't find it.

This may be of help http://www.cheftalk.com/t/50200/dangers ... rbs-to-oil
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2016, 10:55 am

Yes, that is a help, but of course Zosh is talking about putting the herbs into alcohol, not oil. I wondered if that made any difference. I know it has been done commercially and of course by households storing things up for winter for centuries but nevertheless ... !
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 9th, 2016, 2:11 pm

All the leaf varieties are under alcohol and a lighter shade of yellow today. The bottles at the airport were luminous green ! :scared:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 11th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I don't think there's a lot of risk of anything growing in a reasonably high concentration of alcohol - think of sloe gin, were you add a load of raw fruit to the alcohol, the only danger seems to be inebriation :D

Or limoncello
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 16th, 2016, 6:14 am

I had a little sipperooo yesterday and it is already tasting gorgeous, not sure if it will last until Christm*s !!! :o
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cheshire-cheese » November 2nd, 2016, 8:52 am

cheshire-cheese
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 5th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Mmmmmmm! :cocktail:
Zosherooney
Registered

Return to The Cellar