[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - Which of these wines?

Which of these wines?

Down below the coffee shop is the cellar. Perfect for keeping the home made tipples a bit stronger than coffee or tea :-)

Moderator: cheshire-cheese

Which of these wines?

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2017, 10:38 am

We're planning a comfort food menu for our St Valentine's Day supper - we've decided on tartiflette with a salad of lamb's lettuce.

We have several of these in the garage - which would you chose to match with the tartiflette?

Muscadet Sevre et mains
Picpoul de Pinet
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Re: Which of these wines?

Postby StokeySue » February 13th, 2017, 11:42 am

Depends on which Sauvignon Blanc you have, I'd probably drink a light red, but of those three the Picpoul you need a little fullness, the Muscadet I think will taste sharp next to the richness of the tartiflette; I'd drink one of the fuller NZ SBs such as Giesen, but not a sharp one
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » February 13th, 2017, 11:46 am

a bottle of primitivo then any of yours because i wouldn't notice the difference - or care by then!
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 13th, 2017, 5:39 pm

I'd probably go with the picpoul personally. Sure it'll be a lovely meal Suffs. :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 13th, 2017, 6:34 pm

That's my first thought. OH is having a dry February so I thought I'd drink something we already have, and as the recipe includes some white wine, drinking white saves me having to open and drink the better part of two bottles on my own ;)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 13th, 2017, 6:54 pm

:tu: :D :cocktail:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Return to The Cellar