What are you growing this year ?

Out by the shed, near the chicken coop. The place everyone hangs out to discuss the various edibles they raise in their gardens/allotments.

Re: What are you growing this year ?

Postby Zosherooney » April 15th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Courgettes do not seem to want to sprout.... seeds are in date. They have been in pots now for over a week, cold days in the propagator warm days in the GH. Nuffin Puffin.
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: What are you growing this year ?

Postby Herbidacious » April 15th, 2018, 9:38 pm

I sowed some courgette seeds this evening. Tuscany - mildew resistant. I hope they taste ok. The packed had a little detachable plant tag with the name and details printed on it :)

Also two types of peas - Kelvedon Wonder (some outside in a large pot, some on the windowsill, some in a propagator - just to compare! Will sow some in the raised bed when it's ready, too.) (in propagator - although I think one is supposed to sow these directly outside. Worth a try.) and Valido - also mildew resistant.

I have a feeling slugs could be my biggest enemy this year if all my disease resistant varieties of things live up to their reputation. Already completely eaten a new lupin plant and they are attacking my psb like nobody's business.
Herbidacious
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Garden