What are you growing this year ?

Out by the shed, near the chicken coop. The place everyone hangs out to discuss the various edibles they raise in their gardens/allotments.

Re: What are you growing this year ?

Postby Zosherooney » April 15th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Courgettes do not seem to want to sprout.... seeds are in date. They have been in pots now for over a week, cold days in the propagator warm days in the GH. Nuffin Puffin.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 15th, 2018, 9:38 pm

I sowed some courgette seeds this evening. Tuscany - mildew resistant. I hope they taste ok. The packed had a little detachable plant tag with the name and details printed on it :)

Also two types of peas - Kelvedon Wonder (some outside in a large pot, some on the windowsill, some in a propagator - just to compare! Will sow some in the raised bed when it's ready, too.) (in propagator - although I think one is supposed to sow these directly outside. Worth a try.) and Valido - also mildew resistant.

I have a feeling slugs could be my biggest enemy this year if all my disease resistant varieties of things live up to their reputation. Already completely eaten a new lupin plant and they are attacking my psb like nobody's business.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 21st, 2018, 2:07 pm

Tulips, blushing a little now, but definitely not the dark red variety shown on the packet!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 21st, 2018, 2:25 pm

They look like Tulipa 'Angelique'.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » April 21st, 2018, 5:06 pm

pretty.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 21st, 2018, 6:43 pm

Very pretty.

Some courgette seeds and peas are coming up:)

They put back the delivery dates of the tomatoes and artichokes - I spent a lot of money in a garden centre in Kent today, but had found two £25 gardening vouchers while tidying up - dated 2010 which they accepted.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 21st, 2018, 7:08 pm

Beautiful flowers :) .
I started sowing only a few weeks ago as it's not worth it before the end of March as there is not enough daylight and seedlings straggle and fail to thrive. Most everything is coming on nicely and my conservatory looks like a garden centre - I'm running out of surfaces :lol: :lol: :lol:
As usual I've planted far too many types of tomatoes but I do like to grow different ones. I reckon I've just enough passatta & frozen toms from last year's crop to see me until this year's crop, ditto with broad & runner beans so hoping for similiar harvests this year. I decided not to grow fennel or chillies this year as I have loads in the freezer of both still.
liketocook
Registered

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Garden