Boys and Toys !

Out by the shed, near the chicken coop. The place everyone hangs out to discuss the various edibles they raise in their gardens/allotments.

Boys and Toys !

Postby Zosherooney » April 26th, 2012, 2:10 pm

This weekend we have booked a 1.5 ton digger. I have been keeping an eye on the weather and there is a small window of opportunity on Fri pm and Sat am. We have a large central bed with a large flowering cherry at one end. The bed also houses some sarsen stones (quite big) hence the digger, we could not move them on our own. The only other thing worth saving is a sizeable hydrangea, which we plan to re-locate to another bed at the front of the house. Apart from that there are just ground covering geraniums and varigated grass which we have loads more elsewhere. The bed needs levelling and seeding, for ease of management, so that is our project for this weekend. May take some before and after photos just to compare. Anyone want to come and lend a hand? I will serve cakes and tea ! !
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: Boys and Toys !

Postby hickybank » April 26th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Zosherooney wrote:This weekend we have booked a 1.5 ton digger. I have been keeping an eye on the weather and there is a small window of opportunity on Fri pm and Sat am. We have a large central bed with a large flowering cherry at one end. The bed also houses some sarsen stones (quite big) hence the digger, we could not move them on our own. The only other thing worth saving is a sizeable hydrangea, which we plan to re-locate to another bed at the front of the house. Apart from that there are just ground covering geraniums and varigated grass which we have loads more elsewhere. The bed needs levelling and seeding, for ease of management, so that is our project for this weekend. May take some before and after photos just to compare. Anyone want to come and lend a hand? I will serve cakes and tea ! !

"NO" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby spotteddick » April 26th, 2012, 3:05 pm

:terrified: you must be joking, with my bad back :scared:

happy digging!!!!!!
Cheers

Dick

Just because you're wandering doesn't mean you're lost!!

http://spotteddick-itsallinthegame.blogspot.com/
spotteddick
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 26th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Come on Chaps, Mr Zosh might let you play with his digger !!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby hickybank » April 26th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Come on Chaps, Mr Zosh might let you play with his digger !!!

Thats what where calling it nowadays then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 26th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Tut Tut !!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 29th, 2012, 9:39 am

Well, have you seen the weather today, horrid wet and windy here. Thankfully Fri. PM and Sat were reasonable so here are the before and after pikkies of our efforts. He was much better with the digger than me so I ended up wheeling the soil away !
DSCF0043.JPG
DSCF0047.JPG
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 29th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Wow!!

What will you do with the sarcens? I have visions of a tumulus or a stone circle!
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » April 29th, 2012, 10:32 pm

What will you do with the sarcens?

Get stoned?? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby ianinfrance » April 29th, 2012, 10:50 pm

:roll: :hi5: :lol: :lol:
--
All the best
Ian
http://www.souvigne.com
The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
ianinfrance
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » April 30th, 2012, 6:53 am

Do you know, comparing pikkies, I cannot believe how much earth and stuff came out of the flower bed, it really does not show. I must have trollied about 100 wheelbarrows away from the bed.

There were 2 plus some smaller sarsens which we have relocated on the rockery (out of shot) and on the back of the flower bed. Could not have shifted them without the digger - even with two of us.

The birds have been very grateful and we have had a plethora of robins, blackbirds, thrushes, sparrows and chaffies, all bobbing about on the relocated earth and opened up earth of the flower bed.
Zosherooney
Registered

Return to The Kitchen Garden