What have you cooked veggie today?

For those time when the Vegetarians and Vegans want to get away from the more carnivorous types.

Re: What have you cooked veggie today?

Postby Zosherooney » December 7th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Well tonights the night !!!! It will be constructed and eaten with both flour and corn tortillas/chips. I suspect the weather tomorrow will be high winds and gusty periods....

Just to say, throughly enjoyed the supper and will certainly be doing that one again - highly recommended and liked my twist with cocoa and jagory gor instead of chocolate - also glad that there are another 2 portions to eat.. :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 29th, 2018, 9:08 pm

I made what I have seen called soubise, but possibly not accurately. Baked (risotto) rice and onion with gruyere and cream stirred in. Lots of herbs. Very nice. Very fattening! I used stock and a generous splash of Hendos.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » January 29th, 2018, 9:15 pm

We made these yesterday and they were delicious - although we used a teaspoon of chilli powder not a tablespoon! I think our cans of beans may be a bit smaller than the US ones so we used 2. http://armagazine.com/2npYAjV
KC2
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 5th, 2018, 8:11 am

What turned out to be a rather nice vegetable and vegetarian sausage casserole. Not really noteworthy, but I realize I haven't cooked for about there weeks. The last thing I made was 'soubise' (the rice gratin thing I also made on the 29th Jan) for my husband, the day I came down with flu/the virus.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 5th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Glad you're feeling better Herby :)
KC2
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 5th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Thank you! I'm actually still not that well. But well enough to make a casserole, though it would seem :) (But not well enough to tackle my front room... or was that just laziness and despair...?!)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » March 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Thank you! I'm actually still not that well. But well enough to make a casserole, though it would seem :) (But not well enough to tackle my front room... or was that just laziness and despair...?!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
KC2
Registered

Postby Mamta » March 6th, 2018, 7:22 am

I have finally come out of the fog of this bug. I revisited my Shahi Paneer recipe last night. It was good to have freshly cooked chapatties after a couple of weeks of 'making do' :D

1.jpg
Mamta
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 6th, 2018, 8:54 am

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather..... On chapatis.... We have been making our own as they are so much nicer.

On our last trip to Southall, at Quality Foods I picked up a bag of mixed flours and chapatis was one of the suggestions on the bag. They are very much nicer than the old chapati flour we had.

What flour do you use ? I will go and get the bag we currently have and give you more detail...
Zosherooney
Registered

Previous

Return to The Veggie Place