Juliet Sear

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Juliet Sear

Postby earthmaiden » November 3rd, 2019, 2:10 pm

I have just caught up with a programme which I saw was on earlier called 'Beautiful Baking with Juliet Sear'.

I have clearly been living in a cave for the past few years as I'd never heard of her but she's a girl who's done well and gained an impressive CV.

The results today looked and probably tasted wonderful but some of her methods seemed very slap dash. I would certainly be keen to try her recipes but would love to see some of these people manage without a gleaming food mixer!
earthmaiden
Registered

Re: Juliet Sear

Postby Suelle » November 3rd, 2019, 3:03 pm

I've never heard of her either. Googling her, she seems to be a 'behind the scenes' sort of baker - ad campaigns and food styling for magazines etc.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby StokeySue » November 3rd, 2019, 3:16 pm

I hadn't heard of her either but I see my chum @bakeronboard follows her and she designed the rather lovely BBC Good Food Christmas cover, so she must have something going for her, Probably have seen her work without noticing her

Christmas design (Instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4FtWxFg-03/
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 17th, 2019, 12:05 pm

I'm still enjoying this series. I loved the appearance of the tear/share/cake thing she did with frankfurters and pizza dough this morning - I want to try it! She is very good at making everything look very clean and simple - I suspect there is a lot of cleaning and clearing up between scenes!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 24th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Having seen this thread and also never having heard of her, I chanced upon her series on tv this morning .... she certainly makes everything seem so simple ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 24th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Horrified to see her put the doughnuts to prove on the (unlit) stovetop covered in a tea towel! I thought one of the first rules of the kitchen was never, ever to put a tea towel on a cooker top due to the fire risk.
earthmaiden
Registered

Return to TV and Radio