[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - belgravia

belgravia

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

belgravia

Postby scullion » March 15th, 2020, 10:27 pm

first episode tonight - was good but then it has tamsin gregg and harriet walters so not surprising.
tamsin's ball gown was beautiful.
scullion
Registered

Re: belgravia

Postby earthmaiden » March 15th, 2020, 11:02 pm

I watched it. I usually hate period dramas but it is set in an area where ancestors of mine were living at that time (in more lowly dwellings) and I wanted to get a feel of what it might have been like out and about. No idea who Tamsin Gregg and Harriet Walters are (am useless at knowing things like that) but it was quite good. It had good reviews.

I'll have to look again to see the ballgown.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » March 15th, 2020, 11:07 pm

they played the two bereaved mothers.
tamsin gregg = debbie aldrich in the archers- also in green wing, black books, episodes etc.
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 16th, 2020, 9:14 am

It was my intention to watch this last night and I saw most of it ... however, as is usual for me lately, after 9 pm I watch in bed and seem to fall asleep in the middle of stuff these days :? So catch-up it is for me today :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 16th, 2020, 11:25 am

Like Patsy it was on past my bedtime but I have it recorded to watch later. The Guardian review made me laugh out loud.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ptown-funk

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 16th, 2020, 11:38 am

I didn't see the show, but I read the review! :)

I doubt that I'll watch it, it's not really my thing. I haven't seen any of Downton Abbey either, or their predecessors Upstairs Downstairs and the Forsyte Saga.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby earthmaiden » March 16th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Love the review PP!

Realise which the ballgown was now. Yes, lovely.

I used to quite like Upstairs, Downstairs. I have often wished they'd show the Forsyte Saga again. We lived with my grandmother for part of it and she liked to watch it. We got quite into it. I believe it was shot in black & white and so felt it couldn't be shown again as people started switching to colour soon afterwards. I didn't watch Downton Abbey but saw the recent film which was pretty much what I had expected.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 16th, 2020, 12:52 pm

miss mouse
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 16th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Was episode one a remake of Vanity Fair?
aero280
Site Admin

Postby scullion » March 16th, 2020, 3:44 pm

only in the fact that the fictional characters in both novels attended the same, real, ball.

i think the reviewer tried hard to be witty - maybe i'm not bright enough to appreciate her style of humour.
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 18th, 2020, 7:05 pm

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 18th, 2020, 9:56 pm

I don't think I have completed epi 1 yet, I was shouted at for FFing (as in fast forward) through the adverts. Oh well it will show up on TouTube sooner or later.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 25th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Oh blimey miss mouse.
Do people actually watch the adverts?
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby miss mouse » March 25th, 2020, 5:22 pm

Well I don't but ITV catchup shouts at viewers who FF through them then offer a subscription service which gets my goat. Meanwhile I have been YouTubing 'Rosemary and Thyme, utter tosh of course but fun to watch.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 25th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Ah, I usually mute the bits I can't be bothered with.
Like on Tipping Point.
Ben Shepherd seems a nice enough chap but he talks too much and too fast.
I often mute him.
WWordsworth
Registered

Return to TV and Radio