DIY SOS

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

DIY SOS

Postby Hope » March 23rd, 2017, 11:22 am

I love this programme, they do such amazing things to help people who really need help. It really restores my faith in humanity!

Last night's programme was about a young woman who has Mast Cell problems (ie - her body thinks she's allergic to anything and everything), and also (although they didn't go into much detail about it) she has Ehles-Danlos Syndrome. They did a house for another woman earlier in the series who also had EDS, so I think they didn't say much about it in this episode to keep things different! I'm so lucky I don't have it nearly as bad as either of these two inspiring young woman.
Hope
Registered

Re: DIY SOS

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 24th, 2017, 9:45 am

I just wish I could find one of those tradesmen who seem to be able to make whatever is asked of them and in a couple of hours (same as in The Interior Decorating Challenge) ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 24th, 2017, 11:52 am

And the restorers on Money for Nothing, I've been trying to get a vintage Anglepoise lamp rewired and rebalanced for yonks
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 24th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Exactly ... where do they find these people ? Must be a very closed shop and Sarah probably knows of them as she is the trade .. ... :? :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » April 26th, 2017, 7:11 am

StokeySue wrote:I've been trying to get a vintage Anglepoise lamp rewired and rebalanced for yonks

Is it a genuine Anglepoise? If so, have you contacted them? They were extremely helpful both times I contacted them.

https://www.anglepoise.com/contact
miss mouse
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 26th, 2017, 8:44 am

Thanks Miss Mouse
I think I've found someone to do it locally, but it's good to know
I was hoping they would stock replacement bulbs but they don't, mine is an original, I think 1950s, probably the same age as I am and when it's done I mght i try and get it balanced to take an LED

I didn't know they still made such a range of lamps, something to bear in mind :)
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Hope » April 26th, 2017, 10:00 am

My mum's given me her old 1960s bakerlite radio (which I also used in my teens until I got my own). I'd love to have it turned into an MP3 player. Might have to contact that "Horse" man off Money for Nothing!
Hope
Registered

Return to TV and Radio