Bake Off Creme de la Creme

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Bake Off Creme de la Creme

Postby liketocook » April 11th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Catching up with this on I-Player, I enjoyed the last series. So far not inspired - bring back Tom Kerridge :D
liketocook
Registered

Re: Bake Off Creme de la Creme

Postby aero280 » April 11th, 2017, 10:39 pm

I saw part of it, but it seemed to be a bit of a waste of time. Nothing took my fancy at all...
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby earthmaiden » April 11th, 2017, 10:53 pm

I disliked the last series, as I think, did quite a few people. I really thought that they might change the format a bit this time but was disappointed last week. I don't think we see what they are doing properly and I don't think they have quite enough time to do a really good job. The things they make are works of art - and they are the creme de la creme so it would be nice to see it all clearly and to allow proper time. At least Cherish Findon seemed a bit more human.

I won't bust a gut to watch it but will sometimes.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » April 12th, 2017, 5:21 am

I think that it has improved without Tom Kerridge. But I agree that they are not given enough time to make their little works of art.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Suelle » April 12th, 2017, 7:14 am

The format has changed quite a bit, as one team is eliminated each week but the others carry on to the next week, the teams are smaller and there are only two challenges. But I agree that time is too short to do a proper job - it seems to be a matter of who copes the best with the time constraints.

I don't find the programme really interesting but the results are (or should be) like looking in the window of a French patisserie shop, which is a pleasant pastime! :D
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby suffolk » April 12th, 2017, 7:20 am

Don't like Angus Deaytons delivery - to me there's always a sneer in his voice. It's seems to me as if the programme's heading in the same direction as CDWM - nothing to do with cooking and everything to do with enjoying the failure of others. I changed the channel last night and watched something else.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 12th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Yes my impression was the "fail" was more important than the "success" - will no doubt watch it in odd bits probably more for an excuse to shout at the TV lol :lol:
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 12th, 2017, 3:33 pm

There seemed to me to be a distinct whiff of schadenfreude :rolleyes:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 12th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Angus has always been a sneerer !!! Very surprised to see him doing the prog.... he must be desperate, have not seen him on the box for ages.....

Did think that some of the wedding cakes were works of art tho'......well that was what I was looking at salivating...... :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 12th, 2017, 7:43 pm

I like Angus D., though I'm sure I don't remember seeing him on anything for 20 years at least! I watched yesterday's offering, I have the same gripes as before. We hardly ever see them working close up and don't really get good shots of the finished articles so it's sometimes hard to work out exactly what's being tasted during the judging. That was the problem last time too. Disappointed.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 12th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Angus has been acting in Waterloo Road and other programmes such as Benidorm

I don't think he is a perfect match for creme de la creme from what I have seen, but at least as a linguist he can pronounce everything, and he is professional as a presenter
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby dennispc » April 14th, 2017, 11:31 am

earthmaiden wrote:I like Angus D., though I'm sure I don't remember seeing him on anything for 20 years at least! I watched yesterday's offering, I have the same gripes as before. We hardly ever see them working close up and don't really get good shots of the finished articles so it's sometimes hard to work out exactly what's being tasted during the judging. That was the problem last time too. Disappointed.

Snap!
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Return to TV and Radio