The Pioneer Woman

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

The Pioneer Woman

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 3rd, 2017, 8:08 am

I can't get enough of her.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

I used to think she was too smiley and smug, but now think well good on her for being happy, and foodie!
I miss my cats
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: The Pioneer Woman

Postby cyprusmoira » June 3rd, 2017, 8:29 am

Smugness personified
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 3rd, 2017, 8:48 am

Back on the old BBC board some us used to use her original blog as a reference for how a good American home cook actually made American food

She can be a bit too much sweetness and light, but she's very good on technique, those little things that make life easier, and unlike many TV cooks her written recipes do work as written in my experience :tu:

The TV network does keep repeating programmes way too often though, each episode seems to come round more often than the post man :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 3rd, 2017, 8:56 am

This morning they had a Christmas episode :( :o :o ... I did not want to see her perfect family decking the halls with balls of holly ! :(

How many magimixes does she possess ? This morning it was the flowery one, but have seen other colours too. Of course she is probably being paid to promote magimix.

However, like Sue, I do like most of her recipes, but typical of Americans, add far too much sugar to everything .. ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to TV and Radio