10 Puppies and Us

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

10 Puppies and Us

Postby WWordsworth » August 11th, 2017, 7:15 am

Is anyone watching this?

Most of the people in it seem to have no clue of how to care for a dog.
What about the woman who had to take 3 trains to get her puppy home and didn't have a lead or a basket?
Then she was surprised when the poor thing urinated in the train.

And the family with 3 children who would not leave the puppy alone?

And the woman who talked to the dog all the time when they were out walking, so the dog could not distinguish chatter from a command?

The only ones who seem to know what they are doing are the man who wants to train his as a rescue dog, and the family who need a therapy dog.
WWordsworth
Registered

Re: 10 Puppies and Us

Postby suffolk » August 11th, 2017, 7:25 am

Idiots ... complete idots ... we watched the trailers for the first programme and decided it wasn't for us ... we like and respect dogs, we've kept dogs all our lives until recently ... we treated our dogs like dogs not cuddly toys ... those people shouldn't be allowed to keep animals ... I'm not even sure they should be allowed to have children ... when I'm in charge ........................... :whip2:
;)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » August 11th, 2017, 7:45 am

Yep :tu:
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 11th, 2017, 7:50 am

I saw last week but not last night
At least the family with three children were prepared to listen to the trainer, unlike the somewhat ditsy woman who lives in a two bedroom flat and was only prepared to consider a really huge dog :rolleyes:

I still want Tin Tin's dog Snowy.... or failing that any wire haired Fox Terrier (would probably settle for any engaging terrier of that size in reality)
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » August 11th, 2017, 8:09 am

My canine friend is a border terrier and he is wonderful company.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Busybee » August 11th, 2017, 10:06 am

As is our Scottish terrier, especially if you like being stopped to talk by elderly people who all reminisce about their Scottie and how you don't see many anymore.

Actually Sue I think all dogs are awesome but terriers have a definite personality type, and as long as you want to do the same as them then no problem!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 11th, 2017, 11:47 am

My grandfather was a terrier man, always had one or two, so they were the dogs of my childhood. Dad's cousins kept them too

Mostly called Tess
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 11th, 2017, 4:25 pm

I saw part of one episode where the dog was urinating on a train and had to switch over as it broke my heart. No matter your reason for having a dog at least do your research first.
I really would love a companion pooch but wouldn't be kind for either of us in a tiny bedsit. It has to wait.
Mum and Dad had a Dalmation when me and Sister were kids. She was called Cindy and was much loved but when my Dad left, my Mum couldn't manage to walk her, me and push Sister in a pushchair twice a day so Cindy had to be rehomed. Mum still says it broke her heart.
I don't know what people are thinking of sometimes when it comes to animals of any kind. I don't know how I stayed with my ex as long as I did as he had a Gecko in a tank. He never let it out. He would throw live 'hoppers' in there once a week and rarely removed the poo or change the sand. If you opened the tank lid it stunk. Horrible man. Poor Gecko.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » August 11th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Not seen the programme, haven't even seen it advertised.

I love terriers, I grew up with Yorkshire terriers, my mum currently has two of them the youngest one is very naughty and cheeky. Although I do have a bit of a soft spot for Westies.

But of course I am a big fan of golden retrievers :luv:
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 17th, 2017, 8:08 pm

I watched a couple. Think the mountain rescue pair are great. The woman who just wants a big dog gets on my nerves, what she wants is a fashion accessory and really hasn't weighed up the real commitment that goes in to the privilege of having a dog. The family with the cocker will get there. The breed is very adaptable and great with families (I have a cocker)
Catherine
Registered

Return to TV and Radio