Lee Child on Radio 4

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Lee Child on Radio 4

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 18th, 2017, 9:13 am

One of the guests on Saturday Live and talking about his Jack Reacher books .. :bounce: :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: Lee Child on Radio 4

Postby scullion » November 18th, 2017, 11:10 am

heard it. the books are good, are they?
if so, i have ten of the jack reacher ebooks that i'll convert to go on my kindle - when i've finished working my way through all the cadfael novels (i think i'm on the sixteenth now).
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm

I thoroughly enjoy the Jack Reacher books ... I was disappointed not to find out what Lee Child thought about Tom Cruise getting the lead in the film though :( :td: :o Never was a character so badly cast .. It completely spoilt the first film for me, so didn't bother with the second !
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Suelle » November 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I like the Reacher books too, but don't particularly want to see Tom Cruise play the character, so haven't watched the films yet. I do tend to glide over the details of the fight scenes, as I get confused about the technicalities, and we know Reacher is going to come out tops anyway. :D

In general, I'm not a fan of 'action' thrillers, but there's enough crime solving and a good enough storyline to hold my interest. It's interesting to watch how Lee Child handles an aging character.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 18th, 2017, 1:38 pm

I think Iain Glen would have made a great Jack Reacher ... he's rugged enough and a tad taller than the other little squirt ;)
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Suelle » November 18th, 2017, 1:46 pm

I think Jim Caviezel would be perfect. If you watched Person of Interest, you'd know why - exactly the same type of character and action man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Caviezel
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby PatsyMFagan » November 18th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Oh yes ;) :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby liketocook » November 18th, 2017, 8:30 pm

For some reason I always pictured Jack Reacher in my head as Jeff Bridges, no idea why :D

Edit - I actually meant Kurt Russell :lol: :lol: :lol: (still no idea why though)
liketocook
Registered

Return to TV and Radio