Hunted, C4

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Hunted, C4

Postby cyprusmoira » January 10th, 2018, 9:37 am

Is anyone else watching this? Competitors try to evade capture for 20 days. The hunters led by a retired senior policeman are allowed to track them " using powers available to The State", in other words they can track your phone usage, use cctv where available. You will be appalled at what they are able to access.
Last years winner spent most of his time cycling along canal tow paths, no CCTV there.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Re: Hunted, C4

Postby Busybee » January 10th, 2018, 9:43 am

I do watch Moria, I enjoy it but do spend quite a large portion of the programme wondering where some contestants leave their brains.

The father and son last week.........making a phone call home more or less giving their position away! The guy who ran through Manchester -talk about ddrawing attention to yourself.

My BIL fancies his chances........whilst there are some basic errors to avoid I’m not sure it’s as easy as we arm chair fugitives think!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » January 10th, 2018, 9:51 am

I tend to avoid all reality type contests like the plague, but that sounds worth a watch
I think there is CCTV on some inner city tow paths!

I watched some of Professor Green's documentary on working class men on C4. Excellent.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 10th, 2018, 10:10 am

When I did Jury Service recently the mobile phone evidence was fascinating. Obviously it proved who was talking to who but the Police also knew which phone masts were being used and had the ANPR which pinpointed the exact position of the cars. WhatsApp messages were also an an important part of the evidence despite the fact that they are supposedly encrypted.

The only episode of this I've seen was with "celebrities" (or are they all? Most of them had no brains at all). :o :o
Last edited by Pepper Pig on January 10th, 2018, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » January 10th, 2018, 10:47 am

We spend a lot of time telling contestants not use their phone!
Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby scullion » January 10th, 2018, 4:37 pm

i think it says, in the credits, that the telephone tracking is simulated (i think it may be illegal for anyone but the police to have access to all of the positional and call data), so i would imagine that the accompanying cameraman is phoning in the location at regular intervals - or when the quarry is using their phone (and telling who they phone).
we've watched a couple of series but they are much of a muchness so aren't bothering with this one.
scullion
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » January 10th, 2018, 4:43 pm

I was debating watching it but it clashed with something more favourable.

I do find it fascinating how our whereabouts can be tracked down so easily at any given time. I watch a lot of true crime! Not sure I'd get on with this though as I am always able to pick holes in reality TV.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » January 10th, 2018, 6:39 pm

I love Hunted and think it's fascinating how hard it is to stay off the grid . Thought the winner of last years was a lovely bloke and his personal journey was very emotional without being cliched
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby mum-at-the-oven » January 16th, 2018, 2:36 pm

I love hunted too - it provokes discussions in this house about what we would do to try and stay off grid. Mind you the use of drones and heat seeking equipment could put paid to some of our ideas...
mum-at-the-oven
Registered

Return to TV and Radio