Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 5th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Will anyone else be watching the new series which starts tonight?

I can't wait! :bounce: Even the theme tune takes me back to a very happy period in my life! I like the format, the tension, obviously shouting at the screen and trying to get the answers right!

I can't say I am a Clarkson fan, but that might be based on the fact that most people I know say that but I have never really given him a chance. Maybe I am just not a Top Gear fan! I think he could be very good in this.

Incidentally, an ex partner of mine's brother was on it years ago. Poor bloke came home with nothing failing to use any lifelines and falling at the £1000 mark. Oops!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Postby Ratatouille » May 6th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Absolutely not. When the great scandal of Major Charles Ingram came to light he - the major was second in command to our S-I-L. The fall out was terrific, not only did his absence taking part put twice as much work on the rest of his colleagues but then , after his arrest and triel he was not replaced.
Prior to that he was very dubious apparently. He wangled a better house - privately rented as opposed to on the base.
Later on he had the audacity to appear on Wife Swap or whatever it was called.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 6th, 2018, 3:19 pm

In Australia there is a spin off of the old programme (the name escapes me). The set looks similar but the initial selection round goes on for longer and after that contestants can pass on a question and go to the back of the queue. In the next round they can't do that so if someone gets a question wrong and is eliminated the queue moves up one. It has taken me a while to fathom it all out but I quite like it now.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 6th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I didn't get too embroiled in the whole Ingram thing so cannot really say much about it.

But I did watch last night and will watch again, as long as it doesn't clash with anything else, as it does tonight (WIW).

I thought Clarkson fit the bill. Far cockier than Tarrant, which you would expect I suppose. I liked the new features too.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 10th, 2018, 6:15 am

Rats, Charles Ingram came to our home and fixed our computer..... he lived in the a nearby village, he was not a popular individual. Apparently he was using a hover mower with flip flops on and ran over his own toes ! :o :o :o A few years back he moved to Frome......

I must give WWTBAM another go, I quite like the wit of Clarkson - acidic....!
Last edited by Zosherooney on May 10th, 2018, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 10th, 2018, 6:24 am

Ouch at the toes thing! :lol:

Clarkson is really growing on me in this! I think acidic is a good word to describe his humour. He can be nasty in a nice way, and not afraid of taking the mickey out of himself. I hope eight grand man from last night wins a decent amount tonight. He sees very knowledgeable and clever with his braveness. He deserves more than the £1000 that most have gone home with. I think the moveable second safety net has been tricking some into being greedy then losing what they've earned.

Does anyone know if a regular style new series is in the making?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 12th, 2018, 8:06 am

Despite going to bed at 11pm I was awake and raring to go at 4am so decided to watch these (flicking through much of the niceties). I still like the programme and format but JC seemed like someone's bumbling but kindly old dad, clearly reading all the prompts like a rabbit caught in headlughts. He did grow on me and seemed a nice chap actually - but I doubt they will resurrect it - with him at the helm at least.
earthmaiden
Registered

Return to TV and Radio