Does anyone here watch London Live?

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Does anyone here watch London Live?

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 9th, 2018, 11:10 am

Has this Freeview channel been around forever, or have I only just recently been able to pick it up since I got my new TV aerial installed?

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/

I am hooked! I've never lived in the city myself, but have family connections on my mum and dad's side, both having been born there. Our oldest remaining relative still lives in Battersea. I have spent a lot of time there for pleasure plus researching my family tree, also food shopping!

Some of the news stories from London have been pretty grim of late, but I am finding very interesting documentaries, latest film release review programmes, Food Junkies is good, this morning was shot in Stoke Newington, Dalston and Borough Market. Vietnamese street food being dished up which looked amazing. It is nice to have a bit of London in my living room!

I'll be keeping an eye on this channel on catch up in case I miss anything! :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Does anyone here watch London Live?

Postby scullion » June 9th, 2018, 2:36 pm

no - strangely enough!
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 9th, 2018, 3:14 pm

I do watch occasionally, but a lot of it is repeats of things I have seen already, I know the people I go on history walks with watch it mire and talk about the programmes

I was once interviewed by Sasha Spratt for their breakfast news (about the Stoke Newington Flood) :lol:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 9th, 2018, 7:17 pm

I spend much of my time watching tv with sub titles these days .. London Live doesn't have them, but like SSue, a lot of their programmes are repeats and/or old, apart from current news items of course.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 9th, 2018, 9:18 pm

I too use subtitles a lot and have never found a channel where that feature doesn't work. Until now! I might ask them (email...) why.

Repeats are obviously not an issue for me, only for a while of course until I catch up!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby northleedsbhoy » June 10th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Strangely enough, as I live in Leeds, no I don't watch it ;). In fact I don't even watch the Leeds channel :D

Cheers
NLB :tu:
northleedsbhoy
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 11th, 2018, 7:30 am

And I think it is only available if you live in the London area ?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 11th, 2018, 8:32 am

I'm not sure about regions Pat but I do know I couldn't pick it up in Luton but now can in Dunstabubble which is just up the road. :?:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 11th, 2018, 8:34 am

You probably now fall into the catchment area Teresa … but still no sub titles :( Not that I am that worried - you can get local news on BBC and I've yet to find a programme on there that excites me,. Food Junkies just irritates me - the presenters and the camera style, makes me giddy ! :(
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to TV and Radio