Masterchef - the professionals

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Re: Masterchef - the professionals

Postby KC2 » December 19th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Tezza, I think I probably agree with you about Laurence - he's 25, isn't he? And didn't they say he's been cooking for 5 years? I vaguely remember being surprised at that or am I making it up? And WW, yes I really like Olli too but agree with you and Tezza that Laurence will probably win.

Wonderful to see "Rat's" restaurant - I am dying to hear if any of the dishes we saw featured in her menu!
KC2
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 20th, 2018, 8:23 am

Well, it’s either Laurence or Ollie ... both have worked through their nerves and come out the other side. Otherwise they’re pretty even in my book. It was a shame to see the other lad go but he let his nerves rein him back just when he should’ve been going for it.
Dean really learned a lot from the time at Pic but I’m not sure that he has as much innate flair as the others.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 20th, 2018, 12:51 pm

KC2 It was the white Cube millesfeuilles - only I didn't have it Mr R did!!! I did taste it though :chops: Monica and co sat at the same table as we did.

I am such a admirer of Anne Sophie and delighted to find she was a lovely and artistic as her food and such a good teacher too!!.

I think my vote my go for lawrence but I think Dean may well be a dark horse
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 20th, 2018, 9:20 pm

How magical was that?

I can't believe I cried when the result was announced! :lol:

:kneel:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 20th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Great result! That young man will go far
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 20th, 2018, 9:52 pm

I really felt for him. His little face as he was having to wait last to be judged. I'd have personally been pooping myself at his age. I almost felt his nerves, anticipation in my belly! A great trio of fellas. Perfect TV with a great ending.

I also really wanted to eat that aerated mint white choc pud. :chops:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby KC2 » December 20th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Wow, Rats - glad to hear it was as good as it looked! And I did think it would be amazing if you'd sat at the same table!

And what spectacular food we saw tonight ... Tezza, i think he was close to tears as well, not just you :lol:
KC2
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » December 21st, 2018, 12:03 pm

I thought Ollie had the edge last night, bit disappointed with the result, but I agree, they will all go far.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 21st, 2018, 12:23 pm

I loved Ollie’s cooking ... was the duck overcooked ? ... debatable ... if Marcus hadn’t decided that it was they’d have had to have a dead heat cos as an observer I thought the two of them were on a par ... I certainly think Ollie‘s one of the most exciting chefs to come out of the series for years and years.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » December 22nd, 2018, 8:23 pm

Everyone spotted 8pm BBC 2 on Thursday?
5 finalists, not sure if they are cooking against each other or if it's an update of what they are up to now.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 23rd, 2018, 8:01 am

Ooh, WW, no, I hadn't. But that sounds interesting. Christmas Radio Times check on that one essential later on for me, thanks for that. :tu:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Lokelani » December 23rd, 2018, 6:04 pm

I wouldn't have liked to have judged that one, but did think Laurence was going to win by the time they announced it. We've stayed at Hipping Hall a couple of times, not that recently though, wonder if Ollie was the chef at the time, the food was excellent though.
We loved watching the bit where they were in No.6 as we had a special anniversary stay at the townhouse & dined there a couple of times. Dare I say we didn't actually love any of the four desserts we had between us there (could be down to personal taste though). If only PA had had his fairground desserts on the menu I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case, they looked fab. Going to have to save to go back now I've seen those! Dessert at his other restaurant Rojanos also in Padstow was amazing though.
I hope all the finalists do really well out of it though, they all seemed incredibly talented.
Lokelani
Registered

Previous

Return to TV and Radio