The Victim BBC1 9pm

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

The Victim BBC1 9pm

Postby Zosherooney » April 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Did anyone else watch this ? I struggled with some of the dialogue, words were not clear, sorry but the scottish accent did not help. The storyline was good but it did not help with some characters and we had to keep checking with each other... Quite looking forward to the next episode but with a week in between, my memory tends to let me down these days..... :? Time will tell..

Just noticed that it is on on for 4 consecutive nights

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... s-thriller
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: The Victim BBC1 9pm

Postby StokeySue » April 9th, 2019, 8:53 am

I’ll give that a go as it’s John Hannah

I think I looked at the title and though it was yet another grim documentary reconstruction
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 9th, 2019, 9:35 am

I fell asleep during this, not for any other reason than I was completely worn out after Zumba, lunch with daughter, and a stretch class in the evening ….. however, I will catch up with it and also heard it was on all week … :tu:

Another series that started on itv last night at the same time was The Widow. I looks good - another one for 'catch-up' . My daughter recently read the book. She was so hooked she read it in a day; couldn't put it down !

Meant to add that I watch all tv now with subtitles on.... but even then I was confused at first with the characters. :oops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby scullion » April 13th, 2019, 9:36 am

watched it all together, the other night. we were fine with the sound and the accents and who was who but the characters were a little dull and i thought it dragged a little (quite a lot) in places. the sort of twists that they put in weren't enough to grip and i ended up not caring who was the real victim - i didn't have empathy with any of them. even the last scene was predictable - i said to my partner what was going to happen right at the end - they didn't fail me.
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 14th, 2019, 7:39 pm

I binge watched this the other night and was rivetted …… it certainly takes you in a direction you really don't expect :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 14th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I'm just about to start watching this - I do like John Hannah and envision no problems with the accent :lol:
liketocook
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 15th, 2019, 11:10 am

Oh I did enjoy the first episode :D that's my telly watching sorted until I catch up :D
liketocook
Registered

Return to TV and Radio