I'm sorry I haven't a clue

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

I'm sorry I haven't a clue

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 18th, 2019, 3:32 pm

For other lovers of this programme, I am going to the recording of this on 31st January at Watford Colosseum :td: :bounce: :hi5: The only surprise was the cost of the seats at £31.50 each including handling :o :shock: I don't think I have paid this much to see a other shows at this venue ! :rolleyes: ( Lulu, Paul Carrick, Brendan Cole, Kevin Clifton )
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: I'm sorry I haven't a clue

Postby aero280 » October 18th, 2019, 3:52 pm

We went to the recording of ISIHAC at the Colosseum a few years ago, and I don't think that the price was anything like that! :o
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby miss mouse » October 31st, 2019, 5:14 am

That seems very expensive. I have been to recordings of Just a minute at Broadcasting House and they were free.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 31st, 2019, 10:23 am

I think Broadcasting House is nearly always free, but if they tour and hire a venue they charge to cover costs
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 1st, 2019, 4:48 pm

If I remember correctly Watford Colosseum is council run and has started charging much more for rentals. The BBC Concert Orchestra regularly rehearsed there until fairly recently. I'm not sure they use it now - it's a very large site. My sister was saying the RPO were practising at Harrow Arts Centre, much smaller but large enough for rehearsing, yesterday. That's also council run but wouldn't have been a regular venue in the past.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby aero280 » November 2nd, 2019, 11:40 pm

By pure chance when clearing out an old box of rubbish, I found an acknowledgement of the payment for the ISIHAC at the Colosseum. Sadly it's not dated, but I think it was late 2011 as I remember it was one of the first outings after my heart attack. The price for two stalls seats was £18. :o
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Return to TV and Radio