Giri/Haji

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

Giri/Haji

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 18th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Did anyone else watch the first episode of this Japanese/UK thriller last night ? I did manage to stick it out to the end, but found the format really hard to keep up with, so don't think I will bother with the rest of the series. :td:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: Giri/Haji

Postby Suelle » October 18th, 2019, 4:24 pm

I found it intriguing, so I'll be sticking with it. The trailers for future episodes look as if there's more action to come; the first episode really just set up the story. Once you straighten out that the really narrow screen format is the past, and the animation is for rumours or second hand information, it's not too hard to follow.

Will Sharpe, who is currently appearing in the comedy Defending the Guilty on BBC2, was a surprise - he looks like someone with a good future in acting.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby Busybee » October 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm

I found it an interesting format, and I’ll be tuning in next week. I think it’s the kind of programme where you have to really concentrate rather something that you can watch with one eye on something else.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby scullion » October 19th, 2019, 5:25 pm

it's yet another that i'm recording for a binge watch. this is the sort of thing that we would rather not have a gap between episodes. you can probably see the lot on player straight away but we go for delayed gratification.
scullion
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 6th, 2019, 9:05 am

Apparently some of this was filmed on my road, I just discovered. Not sure I can be bothered to watch just to front door spot... but it looks quite good.
Herbidacious
Registered

Return to TV and Radio