The Accident

A place to discuss Food TV and radio programmes.

The Accident

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm

A new four part drama being shown on Channel 4. Did anyone watch the first episode this week?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... lancashire

I wasn't going to. I only did because there was nothing else on to be honest, the trailer didn't make it too inviting, and it seemed to over-bill Sarah Lancashire for a start. In fact, she was pretty amazing I thought, but perhaps best for me was the setting and the perfectly captured sombre mood of the explosion. Some other familiar faces in there, names escaped me but the write up linked above gives details.

Twenty minutes in, I could find nothing to write home about, but the plot seemed to thicken and I am left wanting more.

What did others think? I would recommend it on catch up if you missed it.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: The Accident

Postby scullion » October 27th, 2019, 12:35 am

i'm recording it for a binge watch.
scullion
Registered

Re: The Accident

Postby Suelle » October 27th, 2019, 7:04 am

I think it will be interesting to see the way things unfold, but it looks as if it's going to be grim watching at times. A strong cast there - several previously seen in Keeping Faith.

The squashed time frame of the first half of the episode annoyed me, although I can appreciate it's difficult to show time passing when nothing's happening - rescue squads seemed to arrive within minutes when in reality it would be hours if not days before recovery started. Letting people wander about the hospital, going almost anywhere they liked didn't fit with my experience of locked wards either, but it was an old hospital.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Return to TV and Radio