I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: I'VE JOINED SLIMMING WORLD!

Postby EmWilk » January 6th, 2018, 2:38 pm

Sadly, the maintain did not transpire... I put a pound on. I know it's not a huge issue considering Christmas and New year but I really didn't want to go backwards on the half stone OR move back into 12st. However, 12st on the dot it'll have to be until next week.

Where did I see the link to the SBMI calculator, was it the general weight loss thread? Anyway, interestingly, that said my target to get to 10 and half st was too ambitious and may trigger the start of yo yo dieting. At that weight, on the traditional bmi calculator I think it's borderline overweight from memory.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 6th, 2018, 3:36 pm

I think I posted that link EmW, however can't remember which thread it was on :oops: I'm no good with 'search' functions :( :oops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » January 6th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Its in the Losing Weight general Category Patsy.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » January 7th, 2018, 10:03 am

Thanks Chinch ... hopefully Em can find it now ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 8th, 2018, 8:06 am

I still appear to be a member of my previous SW group's FB page. They have a couple of girls who are very keen on posting pictures of every meal they eat. They are not very good photographers which is OK but one of them seems to have the most peculiar food combinations. This morning she has posted last night's dinner - brussels sprouts covered with baked beans. :sprout: :sprout:

Or is just me that thinks that's a bit odd?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 8th, 2018, 7:32 pm

I think once you join SW you start eating all kinds of odd concoctions :lol: :lol: .

I have to say that I am heartily sick of people posting pictures of meals on my group FB page. People feel that it helps keep them on the straight and narrow if they post each day and since Christmas it's got stupid. Not one person has posted pictures of anything I'd want to eat yet.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » January 8th, 2018, 8:54 pm

We are both back on the wagon after Xmas.
Cereal for brekkie
Fruit @ break-time (along with 2 oaty biskies)
HM tomato soup for dinner (SW recp :chops: )
Fat-free chicken, tomato, veg & plain rice thingy - yum
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 11th, 2018, 3:51 pm

A pound off. I’m on the way! ;)
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 12th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Well done PP! Hope your results are good Grassy!

A miserable 0.5lb off this morning after religiously following plan all week :rolleyes: . Probably because I've been at work and exercise has been minimal. Oh well, onwards and hopefully downwards, still want to reach my interim target by my birthday ... that's 9lb in 5 weeks. I can only hope ... ;)
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 12th, 2018, 5:07 pm

earthmaiden wrote:A miserable 0.5lb off this morning after religiously following plan all week

That's good Alison.. \they say that 0.5-1kg loss a week is the ideal for long term success. Tis is the aim for gaining weight too. Look at your loss as a whole. Your rocking it xx
Catherine
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 12th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Thanks Catherine! x
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 12th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Sorry but I really can't wrap my head around Bad food and Sins, I'm probably way off the mark. In my book no food is bad - perhaps stupid but never bad. Sin means you have to be religious = which I'm not.

I honestly stick to the well rehearsed French method. Your waist band. Too tight eat less. Unless you are seriously overweight of course in which case try a smaller waistband until it fits then go from there.

Hope you all achieve your dream waist sizes though, by whatever means but for goodness sakes don't beat yourselves up about it.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 12th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Absolutely, no food is bad Rats. Everything in moderation. But when you've not been moderate with everything for the last 32 years and then realise a little bit needs to shift, some people need more of a structure than just eating less. Well, I evidently do anyway :lol:

I couldn't eat less, I'd be bloody miserable! So I just eat differently. And the structure of SW seems to fit in with how I eat generally, just a few tweaks.

I've never tried to lose weight though before so this is quite new to me and I'm not 100% sold yet! It's generally working though for now :D
EmWilk
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 13th, 2018, 10:46 am

3lbs off this week which I'm really happy with. I was hoping for 2, 3 at a push.

This week has a couple of risky obstacles (supplier dinners, off site meetings) but as long as I plan well, I should be fine.

9lbs in total, 5 more til 1 stone, 8 more til 10% of body weight :tu:

Well done PP and EM :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 13th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Well done Em! :kneel: :kneel:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 13th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Wow! Well done Em. :tu:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 13th, 2018, 8:35 pm

EmWilk wrote:3lbs off this week which I'm really happy with. I was hoping for 2, 3 at a push.

This week has a couple of risky obstacles (supplier dinners, off site meetings) but as long as I plan well, I should be fine.

9lbs in total, 5 more til 1 stone, 8 more til 10% of body weight :tu:

Well done PP and EM :tu:

Awesome :hi5: :woohoo:
Catherine
Registered

Postby Annie » January 16th, 2018, 2:59 pm

I've recently got myself one of these multi cooker pressure cooker things mainly because I was thinking of buying a pressure cooker since last summer when I decided I eat enough beans to warrent buying them dried or more to the point I could not warrent the cost of all the tins of prepared beans.
So far I've made a couple of batches of soup which was gereat yesterday when I realised I had no soup in the freezer to take for my packed lunch so knocked up a batch of root veg with some soup mix while I got ready for work. Problem solved.
Tonights dinner is made in there :chef: 'salmon n leeks' almost Mary Berry's recipe but not quite and only 2 portions of it. One for tonight and one for the freezer.

weight loss in 8 weeks is 1st and 3lbs not bad with all the celebrations in that period.
I do however think I've not lost anything in fact it may well be bad news when I get on the scales this week as it was a consolling session Saturday at my friends house. Lots of Alcohol. I cooked chinese :chef: rather than a take away and I avoided the chocolate. However caved at a (small) bowl of ice cream :spank: . But oh the :cocktail: :cocktail: .
Thanks, Annie
Annie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 16th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Well done Annie! That's a great effort - you deserve a little break from it sometimes ;) . :cocktail: :cocktail:

The multi cooker seems to be a hit with all who have one.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » January 18th, 2018, 10:57 am

Another 2lbs off for me today. I think it must be the effects of Dry January because I've been so cold I've not been sticking to the plan At All. :oops: :oops:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 18th, 2018, 3:19 pm

PP - :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ... I was so envious of your dinner this week which had cauliflower cheese and sausages. If you can lose 2lb on that I'll have some too! :chops: :chops:

Should be my weigh day tomorrow but might go on Saturday instead - depends if I can keep awake after night shift or not. Have stuck to the rules mostly this week but don't feel as though the results will be stunning :rolleyes: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 20th, 2018, 11:45 pm

Well done PP!!

A miserable half pound off for me this week which I don't think should even be counted :lol: I felt like I'd done ok but looking back through the food diary last night, I'd averaged 20 syns a day because of eating out last Saturday :o still, no matter, it's got to be doing me good!

Good luck for the week ahead everyone, I'm going to hopefully have no days where I go over the 15 this week. I've nothing on this week which might scupper that plan so theres no reason why not.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 21st, 2018, 8:25 am

Half a pound is half a pound! It all adds up :hug: :hug: .

I didn't go this week, had to choose between catching up with sleep or queuing in a church hall .. and guess which won :lol:. I've been weighing at home and although I stuck to plan was a bit disappointed as I thought I had gained - but when I looked in my book think I lost about a pound so felt happier. Very sedentary at work, no work this week so it should be better. Even if we don't lose much, SW does make us think about what we're eating!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 21st, 2018, 10:19 pm

Sleep should always win EM :lol: Well done on the 1lb.

I went for breakfast this morning at a local hotel and considering it was unlimited, I was very reserved and stuck only to free foods other than a veggie sausage and a hash brown and I added some syns for oil which may have been used on the griddle.
OH was floating the idea of pizza tonight too and I didn't give in despite fancying pizza for the last week. The resolve is strong!!! For today ;) :lol:

Finishing today on 14.5 syns and yesterday on 13 is remarkable for a weekend :lol: . Will need some lower syn days than that though if I plan on getting anywhere near the 1st lost mark any time soon.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 23rd, 2018, 9:20 am

I did quite a big shop in Sainsburys yesterday and as I packed the goods away the lady at the till said, 'Do you go to Slimming World on Friday mornings?' :o .
I recognised her then as a target member .. luckily my shopping was quite healthy but I did feel as though I was under scrutiny! (Note to self .... if I buy a cream bun, don't go to her till!!)
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 23rd, 2018, 1:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 29th, 2018, 12:00 am

I went early yesterday morning to be weighed and had lost half a stupid bloody pound again. I'd stuck to it really well too, I dont know why it doesn't seem to work so well for me. I must eat too much. Anyway, I didn't dwell as I was waiting for news on my grandad so in the grand scheme, it's not that important.

I shall see what the week brings.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Busybee » January 29th, 2018, 7:51 am

It may only be half a lb, but you are still losing, and in the grand scheme of things you don’t have that much weight to lose so it’s bound to come off in smaller chunks if you get my drift.

My sister is known as half pound Polly at her group, she lost all her weight, just less than two stones in half lbs, but four years later she is still in her target range.

You are having a difficult time, so just keep to plan as much as you can............tortoises make the finish line. :hug: :hug:

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 29th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Going the right way em! As BB says, tortoises win the race!

I was 1.5lb down this week - but that was over 2 weeks as I didn't go last week. Had hoped for more but openly admit that things not on the plan keep creeping in. Onwards and downwards :rolleyes: ...
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 1st, 2018, 10:10 am

I'm on the naughty step this week. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 2lbs on. :( No surprise though.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » February 1st, 2018, 4:42 pm

You're all doing really well; small losses are better than no losses.
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 3rd, 2018, 12:43 pm

Well done for the loss EM and we'll done for still going to be weighed PP, I think that's the hardest bit sometimes when you think there's no point because of what you've eaten all week!

I felt like that this morning before i went as I've not followed the plan all week but somehow lost 1.5lb?! Puzzling when i only lost .5 in the 2 weeks before whilat on the plan!

Never mind, I'm happy and will get back on it this week... hopefully!

Good luck all!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 3rd, 2018, 7:51 pm

I went this week ready to go onto the naughty step ... and had lost 1lb! I therefore highly recommend a weekly diet which includes macaroni cheese, white toast, sausage and egg McMuffin and Toffee Crisps :lol: :lol: . I don't think I'll hit my birthday target but at least I'm going in the right direction - through luck more than judgement.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 9th, 2018, 5:23 pm

One week on ... definitely won't make the target for my birthday! 1lb on today. Not surprised ... the week included macaroni cheese and a lot of bread amongst other things. It's comfort food weather and I'm sick to death of the things I'm allowed ... :rolleyes: .

Has anyone tried the oat pancakes/waffles made with oats, Mullerlight and an egg? I intend to have a try sometime this week, not necessarily on pancake day and I will probably use quark rather than Mullerlight. They will either be edible .. or not.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 9th, 2018, 5:41 pm

I'd lost half a pound which I guess is better than nothing.. As I've said before I'm not great at following the plan when it's so cold either. Being on blood thinners doesn't help.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm

I doubt very much that tomorrow's weigh in will be worth the almighty faff that it is to get up, ready, Leo fed and ready and out to the group by 8:30. However, I will go along nonetheless.

I have eaten badly most of the week due to feeling rotten and grandads funeral. Actually, I might just trawl back and see how bad it actually was. Perhaps not as bad as I think.

Well done PP.

EM, a pound isn't so bad especially if you've had an enjoyable week of comfort food.

I'm tempted by the pancakes but I'll be annoyed if they're rubbish... I had a go at the overnight oats and was really unimpressed.

I'm hoping that I do a trip to the butchers tomorrow and that gives me some inspiration.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » February 11th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:I still appear to be a member of my previous SW group's FB page. They have a couple of girls who are very keen on posting pictures of every meal they eat. They are not very good photographers which is OK but one of them seems to have the most peculiar food combinations. This morning she has posted last night's dinner - brussels sprouts covered with baked beans. :sprout: :sprout:

Or is just me that thinks that's a bit odd?

Now, I like sprouts (we steam ours), and I like beans - but TOGETHER????? :sprout:

:sprout:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 11th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Uh oh... I didn't go. Mum wasn't going (busy looking after grandma), friend wasn't going (eaten like a pig all week and couldn't face it) so when Leo woke me at 7:45 and I had 45 mins to go through the earlier mentioned faff and get us to group AND the weather was wet, windy and miserable, I jibbed out.

I weighed myself at home and it showed a half pound loss. Scales may not be exactly the same as group but hey can't be so far out so I must be roughly the same.

I shall face the wrath next week!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 12th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Know just how you feel em - life's too short sometimes!

I suspect that the oat pancakes won't be wonderful but may still give them a try. Tomorrow will be proper pancakes or waffles though. GD will be here and we have been watching the Peppa Pig episode where they make pancakes so I promised we would. I hope mine doesn't stick to the ceiling like Daddy Pig's. At school our HS teacher managed to do that too - to the delight of the class :lol: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 18th, 2018, 9:21 am

Did you try the pancakes EM? I had proper ones too on Tuesday. OH doesn't really like them and so mum came round (who loves them) and we sat and troughed them and chatted :tu:

I went back yesterday and had lost 2lb :?: despite kfc in the week and chippy tea on Friday :oops: I shalln't complain.

Half a pound til the 1 stone award. I set out hoping to lose 2 stone in a quickish time but now I'm almost at 1 stone, I'm glad I've done it slower (11 weeks so far). More chance of it staying off I suppose.

Good luck for the week all.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Amber » February 18th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Well done Em. :D
Slowly and surely.
(Wouldn’t life be different if we could buy willpower? I wish I had some! :oops: ;) :D
I lost nearly 3/4 stone being ill last month, but unfortunately I’ve put most of it straight back on again. So...salad, salad, and more salad...which fortunately I love.))
Amber
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 4th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Hope everyone is doing well. I had holiday last week as I was going to the spa so back this week and lost 1lb which means I got the 1st award. Probably technically lost the award already as been in the lakes for 2 days and eaten some definite "off plan" food! But all is good, I'll keep at it once we're back.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 4th, 2018, 5:09 pm

i truly couldn't get there this week because of the snow, but, as I have been so cold, have not paid any attention to it at all.

Back to the drawing board . . .
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 11th, 2018, 10:52 am

My lot were all raving about this at group on Thursday.

https://basementbakehouse.com/2017/05/s ... -fakeaway/
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 11th, 2018, 11:18 am

That looks nice PP.

At group this week we were talking about a recipe where you add a can of diet coke and apparently when cooked, it creates a sticky sauce. I prefer the look of yours, it looks stickier but have a feeling that the diet coke one is syn free. https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes ... icken.aspx

My diet's been cr*p over the past few weeks what with various celebrations, meals out, living out of a suitcase and yesterday's meet and not enough exercise :oops: :oops: . I had high hopes of reaching my interim target before leaving for Australia in about a month so will really have to knuckle down. I haven't been to group every week but get there when I can - I found it a pain trying to find a group somewhere in the town to get weighed on weeks when I couldn't make my group but I probably need that discipline. I am about 4lb heavier than I was 6 weeks ago but during that time I had one really good week so it's back to that after the Mothering Sunday slice of cake today (and the leftovers from yesterday's meet :oops: ).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 11th, 2018, 12:02 pm

The diet coke chicken is nice. It's one of my midweek staples.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 11th, 2018, 7:43 pm

The diet coke chicken always sounds a bit naf to me but I'll try it Seatallen. The sesame one sounds right up my street too.

Again, amazingly, I lost 1lb which must mean that, despite me having quite a lot of really off plan food, I must be making better choices and sticking to it when I'm on plan... maybe :?

In any case, 1.5lb until my club 10, then another 4lb to 1.5st then another 7lb to target. Sounds quite a long way when I put it like that but still, it's fine.

Better get some meals planned his evening!

Good luck this week everyone.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm

I hated the Diet Coke chicken when I made it but I had to use the caffeine-free which might have made a difference.

Well done Em.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Amber » March 11th, 2018, 10:05 pm

I like ham in ginger beer, but I don’t know if you get a low-cal version.
Amber
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 12th, 2018, 10:10 pm

I tried the Diet Coke Chicken tonight but messed it about a bit. I notice that the SW recipe I posted above does not include much in the way of flavourings (apart from herbs, garlic and soy sauce) whereas the 'Pinch of Nom' one includes ginger and Chinese Five Spice. I have also noticed that in all the pictures I have seen on our local FB page, there was a lot of very runny juice which didn't really fit with our group leader's description of something sticky.

I made the SW one but with different veg as I have some to use up and added a little ginger and Five Spice at the end, I also reduced it down so that the juice was slightly thick and sticky. I didn't dislike it but wasn't crazy about it either. It was quite quick and easy if you have suitable ingredients in the house. I thought it would be nice with some pineapple added. I may try it again with other tweaks (within the syn free zone!). I would be interested to know what Seatallen adds to hers.

PP's 2 syn recipe still looks the winner!

Edited to say - they suggest you can use orange Fanta (calorie free)as an exciting change ... our group leader says its nice but I'm not sure I believe her! Actually, ginger beer might work well if there is a calorie free one.
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop