Cadiz

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Cadiz

Postby Meganthemog » April 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm

I'm off to Cadiz in June for a few nights. Got our accommodation sorted but am looking for somewhere fab to eat - I'm celebrating a significant birthday while there so want to push the boat out. Seafood preferably :D
Meganthemog
Registered

Re: Cadiz

Postby Bubbles » April 17th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Haven't been but Rick Stein visited on one of his weekend trips, and it looked fab. You should be able to find it on iplayer?
Bubbles
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » April 18th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Yes I saw that Bubbles - just wondered if anyone had personal experience :)
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » April 19th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Hi Megan, have hesitated replying to you, because I don’t have a specific place to recommend...however, we have just returned from a 5 week visit to the area. We had a few days in Cadiz and think it is a lovely place. We only lunched when we were there...the Spanish dinners are a bit late for us...but we had some lovely lunches. We just wandered round the pretty streets of the old town and picked places which didn’t look too touristy. We were never disappointed! The best meal we had was at Sanluca de Barrameda...where Mazanilla sherry comes from...and I think Rick Stein visited in his weekends program. The whole sea front is full of fish restaurants and I don’t think you can go wrong there. I think you will have a super time, we did even though it rained every single day and most nights when we were there.
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » April 20th, 2018, 9:57 am

Wow 5 weeks that's fantastic - I can't wait until we retire next year and can do that! Thanks for the heads up - fortunately we are meeting up with an acquaintance who lives about 20 mins out of Cadiz and he's going to give us some suggestions. I was hoping for a good seafood restaurant so it looks like I might be in luck :lol: My idea of heaven is a fruits de mer and some good wine - my perfect birthday dinner :bounce:
Meganthemog
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop