What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 8th, 2018, 11:44 am

I had lots of diluted cranberry juice for breakfast as I was thirsty rather than hungry when I woke up.

Lunch - toasted Marmite, mayonnaise, cucumber and tomato sandwich on wholemeal seeded bread. I then ate most of my rhubarb pie filling with Greek yoghurt leaving some for this evening. The pie crusts are ready to scatter on the grass for the birds later when it gets dusky.

Dinner - either chicken mulligatawny or Thai chicken curry soup from the Tesco finest range of fresh soups whichever tickles my fancy the most. I've never had either before. Extra hot chilli sauce may be added...
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 9th, 2018, 12:58 pm

We've been at Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire for a few nights and we've had some wonderful food. The steamed buns, teriyaki rib eye and black cod in the Japanese restaurant were excellent. Brill and crab last night. A shared courgette and garlic pizza for lunch. This morning we had a private breakfast chef cooking for us, eaten on our terrace overlooking the lake in the sunshine. On the first evening we had a private cocktail bartender while we got ready to go out. It's been bloody marvellous!

We stopped at Daylsford for supplies on the way home so we've got the ingredients for a seafood pasta dish for dinner.

I cannot wait to go and collect DD when we get back!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 9th, 2018, 2:28 pm

nothing as exotic as Soho House :mrgreen:
Yesterday's lunch was leftover frittata with a salad bowl featuring leftoer cauli & chickpeas
last night had a Young's Gastro[ub Salt & Pepper Basa fillet, actually quite nice, but British S&P, not oriental style served with a little stir fry, mainly courgette and sweet pepper
Today breakfast was a crumpet with cheese spread
Apple for snack. Salad bowl including the last of the chickpeas and some cheese, a Ryvita with cream cheese.
Tonight should be cook book club, but having eye treatment late pm so may not make it
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 9th, 2018, 6:03 pm

I had the Thai chicken curry soup yesterday which was tasty as I was eating it, but it repeated on me for hours. Never again.

Breakfast today - cornflakes and sliced banana. Cranberry juice.

Lunch - an apple and a dark chocolate choc ice. :oops:

Dinner - a piece of baguette filled with roast chicken from drumsticks, coleslaw and lots of sliced cucumber. Oh, another choc ice. :oops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 10th, 2018, 6:01 am

A bit of a naughty day yesterday...... Almond croissant for brekkie.

Haddock and a handful of chips, shared mushy peas and wonderful HM tartare sauce in Jacksons in Newton Abbot - throughly recommend. A HUGE double bobbled ice-cream on the way home - really delicious !

We shared a large cornish pasty and cauli for supper, starter was avocado and 3 types of fish...... with a few pastry straws.

Today will be another almond croissant for brekkie, some Devon brie I bought yesterday, tried a bit on the stall, very creamy, will probably have it with celery for lunch and supper will be the 4lb plaice we bought yesterday with the samphire and some steamed veg. He will probably have tato of some sort. Don't think we will eat all the fish so there will be some for Saturday.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 10th, 2018, 8:38 am

We has the usual coffee and croissant after shopping - I really need to sit down!

Lunch was the rest of Tuesday's quiche with a tomato and basil salad, beetroot and balsamic and some (bought) celerie remoulade.

Supper was lovely local free range chicken roasted with naughty chips and a bit pot of ratatouille. We had some faiselle with baked rhubarb afterwards.

Lunch is to be Chicken Caesar salad and supper will be a curried chicken salad a bit like coronation chicken but I think nicer. I add dried apricots (fresh in season) and unsalted cashew and or macadamia nuts.
The rest of the rhubard will go with strawberries in jelly.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 10th, 2018, 10:11 am

I had granola first thing but was hungry again a couple of hours later so I got one of the chocolate twist pastries from Waitrose.

Lunch will probably be a salad box from Leon.

I think dinner will be a one pan chicken tray bake. We've got some chicken legs that arrived in the meat box and we'll add olives, tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, new potatoes, and at the very end dress it with some good quality evoo, crumbled feta and basil.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 10th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Breakfast - muesli. Pomegranate and apple juice.

Lunch - crusty baguette with low fat cream cheese, pickle, cucumber and raw onion. Black coffee.

Tonight I am going to stick a packet of mushroom rice in the microwave and mix with chick peas, beansprouts and soy sauce. Depending on how much decorating I do this afternoon I'll either eat the lot or save half for lunch tomorrow.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 10th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Hello
Didn't make it to Cook Book Club, so cane home and had a stiff G&T (I needed it, had a long hard clinic visit) and rescued chilli and jacket spud from the freezer
Breakfast today was a small banana
Lunch was a (bought) Thai salmon and prawn fishcake with peas & sweetcorn and a green salad. Pretty good for a "what have I got in the house" lunch
Will have a bit of fruit too
Supper will be a rather nice pizza, as I am going to a meeting in the Red Lion and it's their speciality
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 11th, 2018, 10:17 am

I'm craving a pizza now Sue!

I felt a bit off this morning and couldn't face yoghurt or cereal and so had some toast with damson and claret jam.

Lunch will be something from pret.

Dinner will either be blade steak with homemade chips, onion rings, tomatoes, mushrooms and peas, or pork medallions with apple, shallots, spring greens, and mustard and wild garlic potato cakes.

We'll have the other option tomorrow night.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 11th, 2018, 12:44 pm

What a lovely break OMCO!

Trying to remember what I've eaten for past 48 hours - I know I'm looking forward to going shopping and all in one tray bake sounds a very good plan.

5pm Sydney waiting for plane: Croque Monsieur (apparently)
On plane 1: Watery tortellini to which salt had to be added to taste of anything. Roll & butter. Green salad.Peculiar iced cake.
An odd warm microwaved flat wrap with unidentifiable filling.
Popcorn.
Breakfast of melon, orange juice, mini pot of scrambled egg, hash brown, chicken sausage. tomato.
In airport paid for by airline due to delay: Big slice of pizza. odd tasting and not nice almond croissant.
Plane 2: Potato and lettuce salad. John Dory with nice piquant topping, rice. Sweet cold rice pudding with blob of jam.
Can't remember final meal .. there was orange juice.
Home too late to get any shopping: Cup a soup.
Today brunch: Baxters Bean & smoked bacon soup.
Time to go shopping for something healthy!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 11th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Enjoy your healthy shop EM! Those last few meals sound very typically traveller unfriendly!

Breakfast - muesli and a chopped banana. Pomegranate and apple juice with lemon splashed in.

Lunch - I shared a cheese and salad baguette and a bowl of chips with my mum in Sainsbury's. I also tried a new coffee on their hot drinks menu. I'll post the name of it later because I have forgotten. It was divine!

Dinner - the plan is to cook a jacket potato and top with leftover beansprouts, chick pea, chilli and soy sauce. I will add some mushrooms to that. I have just bought some blueberry Greek yoghurts so will have one of those for pudding with an apple and / or plum if still peckish.

The coffee I had is called Cortado. Never heard of it. It was lovely!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/wcassets/i ... mmer18.PDF
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 12th, 2018, 1:23 am

Amazing sounding break OMCO. Welcome home EM.

I want a new life. Work is so stressful it is making my heart beat ridiculously and I generally have a REALLY low heart rate. Tuesday was meant to be fried rice but I didn't finish work until nine so had a packet soup. Fortunately it was one of the ones mum brought from France - how are French packet soups so nice. Last night was also meant to be fried rice (you can see where I am going here....) but out of work gone 8 so went out and had a Caesar salad and a couple of :cocktail:

This is actually unsustainable for me. OH is the earner in the family - I have the interesting job. But interesting job to try to fix a country doesn't work at the mo with my main aim in life which is to look after my lovely OH. Thanks - moan over!

A colleague is leaving and I am her manager so we went to another island for lunch and cocktails today (to go back to the moan, I got to work at 4:45am to get stumped done first....) which was lovely. I had gorgeous fish tacos. Left colleagues at 3 which was sensible as it was getting quite feisty and have had Sicilian sausage stew for dinner with lovely OH. Stacks of brocolli too .

Tomorrow we are boating for lunch so fish somewhere. No idea on dinner. We have prawns in the freezer. Any inspirational ideas?
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 12th, 2018, 5:10 am

Rocks, when I read...
we went to another island for lunch and cocktails today
I am sooooooo envious...! I have been getting island withdrawals recently, spent some time looking at our pikkies of Serifos last year.... I just adore that Island 'feel'. It's a sort of comfort for me..... :D

Croissant for brekkie

Soup (no bread) for lunch

2 x W'rose curries and rice for supper (small portions)
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 12th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Rocky :hug: :hug: :hug: stress in paradise doesn't sound good :(

On the food front, Thursday's pizza was the Tuscan, a little marinara sauce topped with lots of Italian fennel seed sausage, some fresh bulb fennel slices and dotted with little chunks of mozzarella. Yum

Yesterday a crumpet with a slice of cheddar melted onto it. No lunch but a certain amount of nibbling while I prepared snacks for book club and listened to my audio book.
I bought cheese borek and bread. I made falafel, kofte (spiced lamb), cannellini bean dip with crudites, tzatziki

Today I 've had brunch of two fried eggs on beans on toast. My Eurovision supper will be a repeat of last night's meze, minus the crudites, but plus tabbouleh
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 12th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Rocky wrote: We have prawns in the freezer. Any inspirational ideas?

Prawn laksa or Tom Yum soup

If you can get the ingredients then the first recipe here
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... nd-recipes
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 12th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Breakfast - an apple, two plums, a Nutrigrain bar, apple and mango juice.

Lunch - mushroom omelette, baked beans, a slice of toast and Marmite, blueberry Greek yoghurt.

Dinner - Eurovision screams out snacks! I'll probably plate up some crackers and celery and toppings such as cream cheese, pickle, cucumber, peanut butter, redcurrant jam, whatever I feel like when it comes to it. I might add crisps to the mix. Damn you Eurovision for making me eat so unhealthily!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Last night we had baked fish(hake)paves topped with tapenade and panko crumb topping with rosti style . Dessert was the last 2 strawberry and, rhubarb jelly

Breakfast today was linseed bread toast with peanut butter

Lunch was HM celery soup made from yesterday's chicken stock - as well as celery of course. fresh scones.

Tonight I've got chilli which I am going to serve with soft wraps, cheese shreddded lettuce and guacamole. I've just taken a tray of meringues out of the oven and I've got raspberries marrinading with a little sugar and framboise eau de vie and some chantilly cream so something can be constructed.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 12th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Sounds lush Rats ! :chops:

We had a late brunch of bacon, egg, beans a mushroom and toast.

Supper is a Charlie Bingham Aubergine and Halloumi over cous cous before we go out. Might have some ckx. goujons if hungry when we get back....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » May 12th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Cornish smoothound with new potatoes and asparagus from the garden :D
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 13th, 2018, 12:26 am

Catherine wrote:
Rocky wrote: We have prawns in the freezer. Any inspirational ideas?

Prawn laksa or Tom Yum soup

If you can get the ingredients then the first recipe here
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... nd-recipes

Thanks. And thanks to Zosh. Pulled my mental socks up and enjoyed island living today. OH and I had a long walk / run. Then met another couple and had a wee boat trip mooring up at a place that only takes 3 boats and saw turtles and a huge Ray. Another island for lunch - OH and I shared a lobster roll. Don't know why as I find lobster a bit ordinary. It was fine but... Came home and have just had soup from the freezer which is a mix of various leftovers over the past 6 weeks or so - delicious.

Will shop properly tomorrow to use the prawns so thanks for the ideas!
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 13th, 2018, 6:44 am

WWordsworth wrote:Cornish smoothound with new potatoes and asparagus from the garden :D

Is that shark?

I had a lovely platter of snacks with Eurovision last night on my biggest dinner plate. Lots of celery sticks, sliced cucumber, cubes of feta, sesame Ryvita spread with cream cheese and prawn cocktail crisps. I munched that with a glass of crisp cider as a Saturday night treat. Nice and easy, tasty and only one plate and one knife to wash up.

Today I should be getting some decorating help from my mum and my uncle so no plans for food, just waiting to see what happens, although I did pick up a big bag of reduced to clear bananas over at the Co-op last night for 47p and rather fancy making a peanut butter and banana loaf for us all to munch on with coffee.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 13th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Had a delicious lunch though unfortunately well away inside because of the appaling weather :(

The starter was roasted quails breasts served cold and marinated in escabeche with baby artichokes three ways, puree with caraway, barigoule and crisps.
Main was sadddle of rabbit with tapenade, garlic and anchovy forgasse which was steamed rather like a light dumpling then topped with a potato crisp with almonds and grilled fennel all with a very rich jus.
Dessert was a soft sponge biscuit topped with elderflower cream and local strawberries and served with an almond milk ice cream.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 13th, 2018, 3:35 pm

That dessert sounds absolutely heavenly Rats.

I had cranberry juice and an apple for breakfast while I painted a chest of drawers pastel rose.

Nothing until we finished several hours of decorating when we raided the Co-op for ready made sandwiches. I had chicken salad on wholemeal. Just nibbled a dark chocolate choc ice.

Not sure I'll want much for dinner. Probably fruit and yoghurt or the two remaining choc ices! Good job they are only small..... :oops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 13th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Rocky - :hug: . Your food always sounds amazing despite your circumstances.

Went to have a quick nap yesterday afternoon and woke up 12 hours later so didn't eat anything after lunch :lol: .
Today:
Breakfast: Egg and toast
Lunch: Baxters soup and bread. Small piece chocolate.
Supper (cooking at the moment): Assorted veg and chicken tray bake

Back to work tomorrow - have healthy fruit and veg all ready. I am trying to drink more water too, I got into the habit whilst away and it's one I need to keep.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 13th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Hope you have a less stressful week this week Rocky! :hug:

Yesterday I had afternoon tea with my mum and sister at cloud 23 at the Hilton. Afternoon tea isn’t my favourite but this one was ok. A few interesting savoury bits that weren’t bread based.

We spent most of this afternoon at a kids birthday party with a magic theme, the wizard was actually pretty good. I picked at some of the adults food and had a slice of the adults cake which was a very rich salted caramel thing.

This evening we’ve had a lazy dinner in the garden of lamb leg steaks with rosemary, minted new potatoes and a dish of leeks/spring greens/cavolo nero/peas/butter/wild garlic.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 13th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Ooooh, I've not updated all week.

I don't think teas have been very exciting. Leo went away on Monday evening to my dad's, they went to Anglesey for a few days on Tuesday :cry:

I did manage to go out for tea with my mum and sister though one night which made a nice change. We had tapas and then mini desserts with a cuppa. Patatas bravas, calamari, king prawns, garlic mushrooms, chickpea cakes, chicken souvlaki, pizza... my dessert was choc brownie.

Friday, we had fishfingers, chips and mushy peas for tea.

Yesterday, veggie breakfast.
Chips and gravy at my mums for lunch.
Tea was a mozzarella burger and salad.

Today, I had cooked ham and tomatoes on a potato waffle.
It's our wedding anniversary so we went for a picnic in the park on the steps where we got married. I made:
Various sandwiches... smoked salmon and cream cheese; ham (I'd cooked a gammon) and cheese; hummus and salad; egg mayo and salad.
A pasta salad with pesto, chicken and cherry tomatoes
Guacamole
And we had it all with crisps, salted caramel dessert pots and a milky way crispy roll :lol:
Not really hungry tonight but may go get some ham shortly!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 13th, 2018, 9:52 pm

After spending a good amount of time decorating, shifting rubbish, entertaining two under ten year olds, a dog and making drinks for three adults I was hungrier and more tired than I expected to be this evening, so prior to a planned telephone catch up on the phone with a mate, quickly microwaved three veggie hot dogs, some baked beans and spinach and munched. That sorted me out until tomorrow!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 14th, 2018, 1:10 am

Congratulations on the anniversary EmWil. Where do the years go? And thank you everyone else. A weekend has been a good thing to make me realise that the recovery of BVI isn't entirely on my shoulders. Much of this level headed thinking is thanks to you chaps. I know thinking may be different tomorrow but I'll enjoy today!

Lunch was a small portion of chicken curry. Dinner has been mahi in seasons breadcrumbs with a really cool spiraliser sweet potato dish OH invented / and a sort of tartar sauce.

Thank you all for the support. There is a lot of talk here that 8 months on people are struggling more and there may be something in that.....

xxxx
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 14th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Breakfast - muesli, chopped banana, pomegranate and apple juice diluted but with a splash of lemon juice added.

Lunch - a warm salad of new potatoes, green beans, beetroot, chick peas in a mayonnaise dressing. A choc ice.

Dinner will be chicken mulligatawny soup and a blueberry Greek yoghurt later.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 14th, 2018, 4:10 pm

I took myself out for lunch to try and cheer me up (post mother weekend blues and a passive aggressive colleague) and to try to write. Succeeded in the latter but not the former.

I had a tiny tiny (starter) broad bean, asparagus, pea and barley risotto with grated something cheese. Parmesan? Pecorino? It might have been goat. It was very nice and I could have eaten it x4.
Then sticky toffee pudding (a small portion) with creme fraiche (proper cream-coloured stuff.)

But I can't seem to stop with the sugar today. I also had homemade chocolate and cranberry brownie brought in by a work friend, and a salted caramel mousse pot (tasted just like butterscotch Angel Delight.) Oh and some berry muesli.

And a banana.

it's a good thing I didn't bring any chocolate in (I have a surfeit from recent European holidays.)

I ought not to eat dinner.
I caught a glimpse of myself in a window on my way back to the lunchtime pub where I'd left my cardigan.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Herb :hug: Good that you got some writing in, but try not to beat yourself up! You didn't like your reflection because you already felt guilty about what you'd eaten, you was probably looking lovely. The mind's good at playing tricks. Your food today sounds delicious. Have a better day tomorrow if you feel you need to! :tu:

I swapped my soup dinner because I wasn't really in soup mood for a bit of a weird mish mash. In a large bowl I mixed half a white cabbage, shredded and steamed, with a packet of coriander microwave rice and a tin of chick peas. I dressed it with a mixture of soy sauce, hot chilli sauce and mayonnaise. It was one of those accidental combinations that I think really worked and I will definitely be making it again when I have those ingredients to hand. The trick now is going to be resist eating the remaining second portion tonight. That's for lunch tomorrow!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 14th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Breakfast: toast and Marmite
Lunch: last of the falafel & kofte with salad
Dinner still undecided at 21.10l so it won't be much
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 14th, 2018, 10:24 pm

StokeySue wrote:Dinner still undecided at 21.10l so it won't be much

The perfect situation for an omelette or beans on toas, and sometimes can really hit the spot. My brother in law is a total foodie and does the majority of the cooking. It's his way of winding down and relaxing so every night is a gastronomic affair. My sister really appreciates it but the other day she did say to me 'sometimes I just want beans on toast'
Catherine
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 15th, 2018, 12:46 am

Oh Sue - you and us both. We had planned white chicken chilli but yet another 'urgent' thing has reared its head. It is almost certainly not on people's radars but the UK has just made a decision to legislate on an area devolved to the overseas territories. Whether you believe in what UK gov is trying to do is neither here nor there, we are faced with a massive constitutional issue and my massively busy life is busier. I feel I could cry. I am however going somewhere in relation to this thread. Rather than come home separately OH and I came home together and I was determined to make the chicken chili. Then realised that because we had come home in his car, I had no onions. No worries says I (despite it is gone 8 at this stage) this is exactly why I undertook to buy stacks of pesto. Oh but that is also still in my car..

We actually ended up with a lovely meal with what we had Thai freee curry with chicken and broccoli with fried rive that had peas, peppers and toms in it. Sorry - boring story over..
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 15th, 2018, 9:33 am

Sounds like a good supper in the end Rocky
I decided the reason I didn't fancy anything much was because I wasn't very hungry, so I had a piece of double Devon cheese, a nice apple and half an Olly bar (basically, nuts)
Medium hungry this morning so poached evg on Marmite toast for breakfast

Will think about the rest
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 15th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Not feeling well today and had got to 6pm without eating, other than a few squares of chocolate, so I decided to make something 'proper'.

I made polenta - the stone ground, slow cook type - with fresh herbs from the garden (sage and thyme), parmesan and butter - Beurre Charentes-Poitou no less. I had steamed asparagus and (a bit) more butter with this. I made enough extra polenta to griddle in slices the day after tomorrow (off to see/hear the Dream of Gerontius tomorrow evening.)
I then had some stewed rhubarb (also from the garden) with Jersey cream. Lily (cat) must be able to smell cream. She came running when I poured it. She loves cream.
Last edited by Herbidacious on May 15th, 2018, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 15th, 2018, 6:11 pm

Breakfast - wholemeal seeded toast, Marmite, mushrooms and chop sauce

Lunch - more leftover rice, cabbage and chick peas. My last choc ice

Dinner - not hungry but I am sure I will be later so am going to cook a few new potatoes to be eaten in salads over the next couple of days and possibly tonight
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 15th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Three's nothing wrong with a boiled new potato and butter and nothing else supper, Tezza (if you become a little hungry) :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 15th, 2018, 6:33 pm

No lunch so just had a huge bowl of salmon and prawn laksa
That'll do me :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 15th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Belated anniversary greetings em!
Rocky - :hug: :hug: . Your meals still look great :). Your comments remind me of what people said after the war when they'd expected things to get back to normal but they didn't for years. Scary how decisions made in the comfort of a London office one rainy afternoon affect the lives of so many for so long afterwards (irrespective of political belief).

Today:
Breakfast: Ham & lettuce sandwich
Lunch: Salad of rice & veg. Satsuma.
Dinner: Jacket potato, tuna mixed with salad cream (ran out of capers :( ) & salad . Mixed fresh fruit & quark.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 16th, 2018, 1:31 am

earthmaiden wrote:Belated anniversary greetings em!
Rocky - :hug: :hug: . Your meals still look great :). Your comments remind me of what people said after the war when they'd expected things to get back to normal but they didn't for years. Scary how decisions made in the comfort of a London office one rainy afternoon affect the lives of so many for so long afterwards (irrespective of political belief).

Today:
Breakfast: Ham & lettuce sandwich
Lunch: Salad of rice & veg. Satsuma.
Dinner: Jacket potato, tuna mixed with salad cream (ran out of capers :( ) & salad . Mixed fresh fruit & quark.

What a lovely thoughtful comment. I am more appreciative than you can imagine. And thank you Sue for yours too.

Will turn the moaning off for a while :oops: . We were both late this evening so bought a tub of fresh pesto that OH had with pasta and I had loads of veg. Mum (the little star) did some cooking when she was here so we have taken a cottage pie out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow. And roti Wednesday as usual so a good outlook!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 16th, 2018, 8:49 am

Rocky. It is astonishing that the "Out of sight, out of mind" attitude from the corridors of Westminster we experienced in the Bahamas we experienced in the Bahamas in the 60s and 70s persists. Hang on in there gal :hi5:

We had family arrive for a couple of nights on Monday :hi5:
Supper was a selection of provencal type dips and spreads with toasts and savoury cake sticks.
Main was stir-fried fillet eef with asparagus and black bean sauce with rice
Cheeese included a fabulous Chaource and pud was a choux ring with Chantilly cream and fresh strawberries.

We took them out for lunch yesterday to a great little place which does a 3 course lunch menu for under €20.00. They couldn't believe what good value and how delicious the food was.
We had a warm spiced chicken salad, followed by more beef for one while the rest of us had a brandade maison served hot with a really deicious fresh tomato sauce. Afterwards 2 of us had creme brulee and the others a cafe gourmande.
For supper a large salade nicoise seemed to hit the spot and there was room for more cheese and the rest of the choux.

I'm just going down to make a lamb casserole for supper and decide what we will have for lunch - probably scrambled egg with smoked salmon which the guests didn't have time for at breakfast time because they had to leave early. They made do with croissants, HM yogurt and fruit and lots of coffee.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 16th, 2018, 10:02 am

Last night we made some really nice sausage, leek, apple, sage and onion pasties which we ate hot with a salad and chutney on the side.

Lunch today will be some grilled peppers, courgette and aubergine with basil and wild garlic pesto in a ciabatta.

Tonight I think we're having prawn and spring onion noodle cakes with various dipping sauces...sweet chilli and oyster/sesame. Probably some flash fried chilli and garlic greens on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 16th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Breakfast - cornflakes mixed with muesli and a small banana

Lunch - some more of this salad I am trying to wade through plus some banana and peanut butter ice cream afterwards

Dinner - two Quorn sausages with garlic bread and a few baked beans

A naughty evening nibble may be that remaining banana ice cream that is calling my name!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 16th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Glad the banana ice cream worked out well Tezza - sounds as though it makes 2 bananas go quite a long way.

Today:
Breakfast: ham sandwich. Satsuma
Lunch: veg & rice salad. Satsuma
Snack: banana
Supper: Lots of veg with Cod in sauce (microwave bag sort). Quark & chopped mixed fruit
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 16th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Funny eating day.....

A slice of rustic rye and two see thru (can't call them rashers) slivers of bacon

A dessert spoon and a half of psyllium mixed with real satsuma juice and water at 3pm (after the meeting - in the car on the way home)

Basmati rice and marinated skirt of beef and steamed veg medley.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 17th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Extremely naughty breakfast this morning of toasted brioche with yoghurt and berries, dusted with icing sugar.

Lunch was a very small salad with a few prawns.

For dinner I'm thinking of aubergine roll ups with salad and spiced minted yoghurt. We griddle or bbq aubergine slices and then spoon a combination of feta, red onion, tomatoes, chilli and whatever spicing and herbs we fancy onto one end before rolling up. They're messy but deliciously smoky and spicy.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 17th, 2018, 1:39 pm

Breakfast - cornflakes mixed with muesli and a small banana. Cranberry juice.

Lunch - the best omelette I have ever eaten courtesy of Sainsbury's cafe. Delicious! Packed full of mushrooms and thick melted cheese with a side salad and a bowl of chips. Me and my mum shared the lot. Just right for two.

Dinner - I'll have chicken mulligatawny soup and a couple of new potatoes floating in it. I've got blueberry Greek yoghurt should the need for sweetness arise!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 17th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Breakfast: Baxters Chicken Harira soup
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Rice salad (lots of veg). Apple
Supper: Courgetti with other veg, salmon & low fat cream cheese as a sauce. Quark with raspberries & blueberries
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop