What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 13th, 2018, 9:09 am

Granola and fruit first thing.

Lunch is going to be a cheddar, ham, piccalilli and rocket sandwich with some Walkers lights crisps. Plus an apple.

Dinner will be salmon wrapped in parma ham with asparagus, tenderstem, lemon wedges and homemade tartare sauce. Strawberries after with one of Fortnums shortbread biscuits which are :chops:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 13th, 2018, 9:38 am

Thanks Earthmaiden. Gas people delivered on Monday thankfully. So that evening we had the steaks that had been intended for Sunday with onion rings and sliced courgette cooked and then drizzled with pesto. Last night OH was out so I had a piece of mahi wrapped in Parma ham with roasted sweet potato and broad beans in a sort of basil sauce.

I have a work thing early evening so not sure what dinner plans but it is roti Wednesday for lunch :hungry:
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 13th, 2018, 1:07 pm

I seem to be permanently hungry and low blood sugary at the moment.
I had a banana fro breakfast
lunch was a very calorific mozzarella and avocado salad from Pret
Not sure what dinner will be. Possibly a potato rosti with cheese, faux bacon and herbs, smoked paprika etc - I am going to my mother's tomorrow, so I don;t want any leftovers.
I may need to have some cereal before that, at this rate. I still feel starving after my lunch. Perhaps I have worms (as my mother would say) :? :) Not getting any thinner though!

I need to make some rocket pesto, I think before it bolts.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 13th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Breakfast - cornflakes with stewed rhubarb, a satsuma and natural Greek yoghurt.

Lunch - egg mayo sandwich in Costa. I am pretty sure there was no mayo in there.

Dinner - small amount of veg chilli with sour cream, a few Doritos, two corn on the cob and some celery. Choc ice.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 13th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Some people do better with something like porridge for breakfast Herbie.

Brunch: Last of the bacon with egg, tpmato and puffs. Banana
Supper: Big salad, nice Youngs crumbed fish, SW chips. strawberries and quark - with half a teaspoon of cherry jam stirred in to finish up a pot I found lurking in the fridge.

I still haven't been shopping :rolleyes: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » June 13th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Lunch was Makkai Bhutta ( sweetcorn with 4 spices, cream, green chile and yoghurt), Baighara Baingan ( aubergines with coconut, sesame seeds, onion, tamarind, chiles and palm sugar), dal, rice and pakoras.
Unfortunately, I had to cook it for 10! :P :P
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 14th, 2018, 8:13 am

Yesterday, I had veggie sausages for breakfast.
Lunch was a veggie patty subway and crisps.
I had a very posh and delicious macaron which came from a French patisserie brought to my desk during the afternoon which was beautiful. Pistachio, obviously, the best flavour to choose!
Tea was the feast for my friends birthday and the selection was amazing!
Aubergine and potato curry
Cholay Channa
Tarka dahl
Chilli paneer
Manchurian
Aloo paratha
Roti
Spinach pakoras
Onion bhaji
Petish
Kachori
Punjabi samosa
Batata wada
Aloo tikki
Rice

It was so delicious but I could barely move and there are plenty of leftovers!

I'm working from home today so I've had porridge with Apple and pear
Lunch will be leftovers
Tea, we have chicken out so maybe revert to the chicken Kiev/breaded chicken idea.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 14th, 2018, 8:31 am

Sounds wonderful Emma!

Breakfast was a wheat germ and honey muffin with a few raspberries.

Lunch will be another cheese, ham and piccalilli roll with lettuce and tomato. I have to slice the tomato and add it at work...I can't bear tomato left on bread making it soggy!

I've defrosted some blade steaks for dinner. I think we're having them with homemade oven chips/wedges, some homemade onion rings and some garlic mushrooms and spinach.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 14th, 2018, 8:55 am

Sounds delicious Emma.
I made a moussaka with the remaining lamb last night and had enough left to freeze. There was also a lot of fruit salad.

I think lunch today will be ham with cottage cheese and apricots.

Supper will be a chilli with a guacamole and tortillas. I've got some rhubarb so that's going into the oven with some orange juice and pomegranate molasses.

We are going out for lunch tomorrow with our Parisian friend
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 14th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Breakfast was a Nutrigrain bar en route to pick up some paint.

Lunch was feta salad with coleslaw and a slice of wholemeal bread.

I think I'll have that again for dinner minus the cheese plus a veggie sausage.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 15th, 2018, 5:52 am

A very nice day for you em! I am a little envious of the apricots that Rats had too, I expect they were lovely juicy ones.

Yesterday I had brunch of cheese salad wholemeal rolls and some fruit then at work overnight some salad with cheese and a banana. I know it was cheese twice but everything else needed cooking and I wasn't in the mood for tinned fish. I'm just having a sweet & sour Mugshot before going to bed.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 15th, 2018, 6:43 am

Bubbles wrote:Just back from meeting a friend for coffee in Waitrose. They have changed the rules. You have to pay for the coffee and you get a slice of cake free. You can have muesli or soup instead of cake but as it was 3pm, cake it was! I very rarely eat cake and don't need the calories but succumbed as it was free!

It might be a local thing as I got my free coffee a week ago .... I won't want cake instead, but the soup might be a good alternative :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 15th, 2018, 9:54 am

That feast sounds amazing EmWilk.

We had mahi with a tomato olive sauce on Wednesday night in the end. Last night we shared a takeaway pizza. It's quite a posh one - no mozzarella but lots of feta, pesto chicken and olives. Had a big salad with that.

We are going away today :bounce: :bounce: Going to Ireland to see my Dad for a couple of nights. Then a couple of nights in West Cork which is beautiful. Then a couple of nights in London. Quick trip to Windsor to see OH's parents and then they will pop us on the plane at Heathrow. We still have no natural light in our house and rarely have hot water so a break suddenly feels much needed!

Anyway so food.... Lunch will be my favourite West Indian chicken curry before our 4pm flight to Antigua. Dinner will be on the following flight so who knows what that will be!

Happy Friday!
Rocky
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » June 15th, 2018, 10:50 am

I made chicken katsu last night which is one of Daughter's favourites but she went straight from school to a friend's ate there, then went to see Michael Mcintyre.
I was in bed when she got home.
No idea what tonight might be, I might do a quick chilli or maybe just rolls or something.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » June 15th, 2018, 10:54 am

Have a wonderful holiday Rocky and OH. I’m sure you deserve it, and I’m sure it will do you both the world of good.
We’ve spent quite a bit of time in Ireland, and love West Cork. A great place to relax and enjoy some good food, and drink and music.
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 15th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Enjoy your holiday Rocky!

Breakfast was a shared fruit platter and a piece of toast.

Lunch was minestrone soup to use up some veg.

Dinner will be Greek lamb with orzo, plus some crusty bread and a salad. The lamb ragu is already cooking away slowly and smells great, it's making me excited for our Greek holiday in a few weeks.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 15th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Breakfast was a bowl of blueberry porridge with chopped apple.

On the bus snack - Nutrigrain bar.

Lunch - pasta pesto salad with feta.

Dinner - I've just remembered fish cakes in the freezer so I'll have a couple of those with baked beans and Jersey Royals.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 16th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Oh Rocky you'll have gone by now but I hope you have a wonderful break and lots of big hot, frothy bubble baths!

Nothing exciting here over the past couple of days, yesterday I had fish and potato and fruit before work, a salad, Apple and banana during the night and a Mugshot before bed this morning. Tonight It's a Costco buffet - we have one as a social thing every so often and it entails boxes of Costco pizza which are the most delicious mix of fat, salt and flavouring you can imagine and a few other bits and pieces - and cake. :oops: I'll take some fruit as well.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 16th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Breakfast was the biggest bowl of cornflakes and a satsuma as I knew I'd be out on the hoof for a fair while.

A late lunch or early dinner as I was starving when I got home so I cooked a brown bake at home baguette and ate that, hot with Marmite, Cheddar, tomato, cucumber and onion.

I am pretty sure I'll be hungry again later on tonight so I'm glad I haven't got anything really naughty in!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 16th, 2018, 4:11 pm

I am at my mother’s so... yesterday was quite a lot of mininktkats, and a potato dish - roasted potato chunks (bought) with garlic seasoning, smoked paprika, strong cheddar and veg sausage. Probably exactly the same as last time as I was here. Proper cooking is difficult for various reasons.
Today I had a bought M&S salad to eat, but the fridge had frozen it so I cut straight to the strawberry cheesecake slice. I am not at all hungry.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 17th, 2018, 8:44 am

Have a lovely time Rocky!

On Thursday, I cooked the chicken but we didn't eat that, we had a sourdough pizza from Aldi.

Friday, I had a veggie sausage pitta for breakfast.
Lunch was nando's - chicken breast, rice and corn on the cob.
Tea was the chicken. Chopped and added to a spanishy type of stew with peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, etc. Serve with cubed, roasted potatoes.

Yesterday, I had a breakfast of veggie sausage, soft boiled egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and pitta bread.
An alpen light bar and then a lotus biscuit at the hairdressers.
A few too many popchips and Cadbury mini fingers.
Tea was a SW style 'fakeaway' of chicken and veg black bean, salt n pepper chips and rice.

Today, I'm just eating porridge with very finely chopped peach and banana.
Not sure about lunch but I have a gammon joint which I might put in the slow cooker for tea.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm

I ate a fish cake sandwich with salad cream late last night so not hungry yet but have just eaten two lovely satsumas. I'm not in the mood for eating anything that I've got left in the build up to my fortnightly food shop. I'll have to think on it over an apple.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Afternoon all, Blueberries, mango, strawberries (from the garden) and a donut peach and ginger compote for brekkie, a naughty almond croissant at 11.30am :o He had toast and marminglade too.

Tomato basil and mozzarella with a couple of slices of french stick with garlic butter. Half a small plaice with fresh pea risotto for lunch.

Which leaves supper of falafel, aubgine pickle and salami - maybe some bread if needed oh, and cucumber as the builder was given two but gave them to me as he doesn't eat them ! I think there may be some tzasiki being made soon.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 17th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Thanks all. We both feel benefits already from being away!

Dinner on Friday was a pretty yuck beef curry on the plane. Spent most of yesterday at Gatwick :shock: Lunch was chilli chicken ramen at wagamama. Had a lovely dinner with dad, step mum one of my sisters and one of my brothers at a lovely restaurant in Cork. For starter I had a seafood trio - a prawn in film, a cod fritter and a seafood pate :chops: . Main was pork belly with black pudding crumb potato. Got up this morning to step mum cooking sausages and bacon which was a treat.

Have come away for a couple of day. For lunch we shared an open crab sandwich and a salad with local prawns and anchovies.

Happy Sunday!
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 17th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Today's change in weather put me in the mood for warming food in the end.

So lunch was a bit lazy but tasty. Cheddar cheese mash, veggie sausage, green beans and some baked beans mixed with wilted spinach.

This evening I made a huge pot of spicy red lentil and tomato soup, enough for four meals, and had one portion with a small sprinkling of grated Cheddar.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 17th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Good evening
Igot bored with recording some dull food, so I've been away from this thread a while
Good to hear you had a safe nourney and are ennoying Ireland Rocky

Today I had a banana on wholemeal toadt for breakfast
I had a trip to the new local market so I bought some stuff and had a black pudding scotch egg with a bowl of salad for lunch. Was nice, perfectly cooked sticky yolk egg, but a bit lacking in black pudding

I cooked a tiny pork loin joint with potatoes, cabbage and leeks yesterday so I'll have more pork, bubble and squeak and some lovely broad beans from the market tonight

Forgot to post so can add that dinner was very nice!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 18th, 2018, 8:52 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat and milk

Lunch: Green Pesto chicken salad sandwich thin and a few grapes

Dinner: I can't decide which recipe to do from slimming worlds magazines, it will either be a nice light chicken casserole or Spanish rice and chicken followed by a yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 18th, 2018, 9:08 am

After the weekends exertions and so many meals out It is quite nice to get back to more routine food.

Breakfast was a selection of fresh fruit, cherries, apricots, flat peaches and watermelon and Mr had a HM yogurt.

Lunch is most likely to be something cheesey so, depending on which cheese somes out first I'll decide

I've got a small pork roast for tonight. I'll do some courgette and potato pancakes to go with it and cook the meat with a crust of fresh herbs and crumbs stuck on with dijon mustard.
I've got to go and make some rhubarb abd strawberry jellies for dessert.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 18th, 2018, 11:19 am

Ha ha Sue .. we like to read of the more interesting food but it's always a relief to read of the mundane :).

The past two days are probably best forgotten :oops:. We didn't have a Costco buffet because they close early at weekends. We had fish and chips (Very good ones) on Saturday and pizza and cake on Sunday to celebrate a birthday and someone going on maternity leave. It was all rather nice but I have annual medical and SW later in week :rolleyes: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 18th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Yesterday's trip to the new market netted some fairly local produce of the kind my Dad would have had in the garden this week
The broad beans I cooked yesterday were so fresh I could eat them skins and all (I've come to the conclusion tgat both freshness and variety count for that) and I had the few leftovers for lunch
Other than that strawberries and a bit of cream for breakfast :oops: and a piece of ryvita and marmalade
Lunch was some prosciutto and asparagus with HM mayo and th broad beans, plus one biscuit with St Agur

Supper will be what looks good on the pub menu
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 18th, 2018, 3:23 pm

First thing I had fruit juice and a shortbread biscuit (I'm getting through the tin, only three left!) and black coffee.

My mum treated me to coffee and cheese salad baguette out for lunch plus a few chips. We bordering on complaining that the bread was very stale but neither of us could really be bothered. We put our energy into walking up and down the freezer aisles to soak up the coolth!

Dinner before the footy will be celery, Brie and crackers and a bowl of spicy tomato and lentil soup.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 18th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Edit: There was a post before this:

Sorry. This.
A2296929-F113-49A6-BE12-01A80ED18F97.jpeg

But I guess someone else posted at the same time. I cooked them in EVOO with garlic, oregano, course ground paprika and black pepper. Served with saganaki. (Made with the 'proper' cheese.)
Still hungry.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 18th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Well Herbie, some nice bread to mop up the juices would fill you up :). think you do a low carb diet though.

A bit better today. Egg & rice then berries and quark for a late lunch. A banana later and Baxters soup and then strawberries for late supper.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 18th, 2018, 11:25 pm

I had 2 alpen light bars for breakfast :?
Lunch was biryani brought in by someone from work left over from Eid celebrations.
A bueno :oops:
Tea was potato wedges topped with quorn and bean chilli and cheese then baked :tu: in front of the footy.

I've somehow landed in an "overstocked" situation with ready to use/eat food... I've now got leftover chilli, leftover chilli topped wedges bake, cooked gammon, a random defrosted chicken breast and a slow cooker full of lentil soup from the ham stock. Plus 4 veggie sausages and baked tomatoes but they'll be used for breakfast. Our overstocked freezer will be quaking in it's boots!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 19th, 2018, 7:09 am

I doesn't intentionally do a low carb diet. I suspect bread has been creeping in. But I didn't have any.
I ate half a tin of salted caramel Ambrosia custard :o
I might get some low/no sugar cereal in. I really need to diet properly. I am doing a half-a^^ed thing which leaves me feeling starving and low blood sugary most of the day, guilty in the evening, and no thinner! The blood sugar thing is a problem. I guess I need to ease myself into eating less and make sure I don;t eat sweet stuff.
The rest of the day yesterday was a lowish cal salad from Eat, a banana, some muesli and a bit of dark chocolate.

I have left over courgettes. Maybe something with chickpeas tonight.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 19th, 2018, 10:07 am

Last mightse supper turned out to be a house made wholemeal flat bread topped with a mix of spinach, pomegranate and feta. It was very tasty, and it took me a while to work out they'd cooked tge soinach by caramelising a small amount of onion then wilting the spinach into it, something I used to do but had forgotten about
Not sure about today yet

Herbi - what about new potatoes? Filling, slow-release and not tremendously calorific
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 19th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Herbidacious wrote:I have left over courgettes. Maybe something with chickpeas tonight.

Courgette and tomato omelette is nice, even better with some spinach included too
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 19th, 2018, 2:54 pm

No breakfast, instead an early lunch of baguette, roast chicken, tomato and mayo.

Dinner is going to be fish cake, mash, peas and baked beans.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 19th, 2018, 7:05 pm

I’ve had a very hungry day today!

Bacon and egg roll first thing.

Lunch was half a prawn sandwich, some crisps, some salad, half a satsuma, some strawberries.

A plum, a few grapes and a mini snickers throughout the day.

Dinner was lamb meatballs cooked in a tomato, herb and red pepper sauce. Served with roasted veg cous cous, cucumber mint yoghurt, Greek salad and a mini shop bought folded flat bread each.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 19th, 2018, 7:17 pm

We were staying with pals for a few days and seem to have eaten nothing but meat - they don't really do "healthy"

Fri we went out for a curry and they ordered the table buffet which was largely chicken.
Sat we had a full Scottish for breakfast then a barbecue in the evening.
Sunday was bacon rolls in the morning and pulled pork wraps in the evening.

We came home yesterday and craved something light and crunchy so it was a simple salmon salad for dinner.
I clearly wasn't paying attention today because I took some haddock out of the freezer for tonight and made myself a tuna salad for lunch :rolleyes:
The haddock was fried and served with salad and new potatoes.

I am now suffering from fish and salad overload.

I bought some new bathroom scales this week and they will have to go back, they say I have gained half a stone.
Last edited by WWordsworth on June 19th, 2018, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 19th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Not a very healthy day today
Rather tired, so no exercise. Odd brunch of a haggis scotch egg, baked beans and a slice of toast
An apple and a few nuts
Cold pork and salad, strWberries and a little ice cream
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 19th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Herbi, before SW I had never dieted but if I ever had a day where I didn't eat or eat much, it was the low blood sugary feeling that I felt the most and I always said I couldn't diet for that reason.

I have to say though, on SW I don't get that at all as carbs aren't the devil. I still have sweet things too like chocolate mousse, etc which seem to help with sweet cravings.

Happy Birthday Sue!!

I had a sausage and tomato butty this morning.
Lunch when I got home around 2 was spiced lentil and tomato soup with some shredded gammon and a few walkers poppadoms.
Tea is a sort of salad. Well, not really but because it's room temp and had salad items in, I'm going with it... peppers, cucumber, spring onion, olives, roasted courgettes and tomatoes, shredded ham and diced, cooked chicken. All dressed with a very loose interpretation of a honey mustard dressing. It was half a tsp of Dijon, a tsp light honey and a dash of cider vinegar with salt and pepper. A tiny amount to dress 2 massive portions of the mix but enough to just make it slightly more interesting. It's really far too much but I just keep munching away :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 19th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Perhaps if you placed the scales on a different surface WW ..... ;)

I think the slow release carbs are best for keeping hinger at bay. Sadly, SW doesn't allow too many of them!

Today ( with GD)
Lunch: Salmon, broccoli, carrots and potato 'faces'. Small jam tart, fruit.

Tea/supper: quiche, assorted salad veg, fruit, jam tart.

Later; Mugshot
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 20th, 2018, 9:11 am

I made a really nice omelette last night with left over garlicky courgettes, the last of my French-bought crème fraîche, the last of my French-bought Emmental and some Quorn bacon.

I was last in France over Easter...!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 20th, 2018, 9:40 am

Omelettes lend so well to leftovers don't they? I've not done a courgette one before, or ever included garlic in anything omeletty. Could be on the menu here soon!

So far today I have eaten a scoop of banana, Greek yoghurt and rhubarb homemade ice cream as I spatooled it out of my food processor, and a Cadbury's chocolate éclair sweet. Tut tut me! I'm taking apples to sports day so hopefully I can counter balance the naughtiness until dinner which may be mushroom soup and crusty bup. However, the last sports day I went to, food was provided for guests. I seem to remember this was where I sampled my first Quorn sausage on the school BBQ. Things could very well go downhill from here diet wise. :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 20th, 2018, 6:20 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Today ( with GD)
Lunch: Salmon, broccoli, carrots and potato 'faces'. Small jam tart, fruit.

I love your Nanna and Granddaughter meals together
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 20th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Lunch time we just had a multicoloured tomato salad with mozarella , basil and a drizzle of goof olive oil but we did have a couple of slices of linseed bread with it - because I can't eat raw tomatoes without bread!

We had a heap of cherries and apricots afterwards.

I turned the rest of the pork into sweet and sour pork balls with HM S&S - with egg fried rice and bean sprouts - rather good. Then we went a bit wild and had 2 tartes aux citron I bought in town. yummy though :chops:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 20th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Just apples for sports day as none of us had any change on us for snacks, so we ate in Sainsbury's cafe afterwards as we were passing it where I had mushroom and cheese omelette with a huge side salad. The omelette had to be a three egger the size of it.

I've just picked up some very cheap RTC raspberries and flat peaches which will need eating rapidly this evening. Such a chore! :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 20th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Wednesdays are a bit of a rush for us so tonight we had our favourite 10-min dinner.

For 2 people
1 tin of East End curried chickpeas.
Half a block of paneer.
Rice
Chapatis

Put the chickpeas into a pan to warm.
Sear the diced paneer and add it.
Cook the chapatis and the rice.

Done!
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 20th, 2018, 7:58 pm

What lovely things people have had today! They had some lovely looking loose cherries in Lidl but I am going away for the weekend and already have plenty of fruit.
Thanks Catherine! Not half as impressive as the lovely things you come up with every day for your charges!

Breakfast - none as had to fast for medical.
Lunch: large bowl of Lidl ice cream :oops: and a few strawberries. A very nice treat.
Supper: yesterday's left over veg and salmon (a few flakes), tomatoes, rice lurking from a half used bag of Tilda instant and chopped up frankfurters in a cheese sauce made with milk that needed using up. Delicious! Watermelon afterwards.
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop