What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby EmWilk » June 3rd, 2019, 7:49 pm

Didn't quite get back onto it yesterday but it wasn't a total write off. I had scrambled egg on toast for breakfast.
Tea was quorn "meat" balls in a chunky veg and tomato sauce with linguine.
In between times, I just snacked on all the leftover goodies from the night before :oops:

Today, I had fritatta, roast tomatoes and a veggie sausage for breakfast.
Lunch was leftover linguine and meatballs.
Tea is so good, I could eat it day a night... a mound of sushi rice surrounded by loads of slightly steamed but still crunchy veg, salt and pepper aubergine, 2 types of dumplings and an amazing dressing. Delicious!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

I had lunch out with husband in the Smithfield area. I had a bowl of things: courgette spaghetti (more like spirals - wasn't made using a a sprilaiziner), watercress salad, avocado smash, carrot batons, nori and basil tapenade, baked butternut squash, 'chorizo beetroot' and chipotle mayonnaise.There was also a multiseed cracker.
It was delicious. And vegan.
Alas there was not enough time for dessert (I was eyeing up the tripple layer raspberry cashew cheesecake with a date base, when I realized the time.)
Dinner a quarter of a smoked mozarella (bufalo wet type, not scamorza), half an avocado, wo cream crackers with butter.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 4th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Last night we had Spanish burgers for dinner..with paprika in the burger mix and finished off with slices of chorizo and manchego cheese on top. Served with salad and sweet potato fries.

Lunch today was some salad, crudités, pecorino and basil dip, toasted ciabatta.

Dinner was beef stroganoff with wild rice and asparagus. I’m trying not to give in to a chocolate hobnob :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 5th, 2019, 7:23 am

Last night v tired so had a ready meal :o I had a 'Hi Five Sri Lankan vegan gobi curry'.

This got points for being very low calorie. It lost points for involving rather more plastic than your average ready meal. Not sure if all of it is recyclable. It tasted a bit bitter, but improved with salt. Another :o ? I am going to get high blood pressure one of these days.

edit: I then had some very creamy Turkish yoghurt with maple syrup
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Last night I ate in Ikea :o Went straight after work and was starving. I had meatless balls (!) A bit odd. Possibly a bit meaty? With sweet potato and kale hash. Then I had apple pie with cream. (The latter was weirdly white. American smile white...)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 6th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Last night I ate in Ikea :o Went straight after work and was starving. I had meatless balls (!) A bit odd. Possibly a bit meaty? With sweet potato and kale hash. Then I had apple pie with cream. (The latter was weirdly white. American smile white...)

I'd have met you there if you went to the Purley Way one,, I'm only 5 minutes away from there. My friend asks for some meatball gravy with the veggie balls which apparently makes a difference.
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 6th, 2019, 7:05 pm

That was the one, Catherine!

They had run out of mash and didn't offer gravy... but I didn't ask, kind of assuming it was not vegetarian (plus the srving staff were very gruff.) It was worth the experiment trying them anyway. I picked up some cheese and cinnamon thingies in the shop :) We are about 20 minutes away (if the traffic's light) but don't go often as it can be a bit stressful (and we don't often really need anything.) But it was really nice and quiet last night. Perhaps it always is in the evenings?
I caught the train straight from work to Mitcham Junction where OH picked me up, so it worked well.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 6th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Oh I love ikea meatballs with chips, gravy and that lingonberry jam!

Shredded wheat first thing. Bagel thin filled with thick cut ham, grated cheddar, gem lettuce and piccalilli for lunch with a few crisps.

Dinner was a one pan roast of mixed peppers, onions, courgette, rosemary, garlic, jersey royals, lamb steaks...finished with scattered feta and basil at the end. A few bits of Easter egg afterwards.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 6th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Herbidacious wrote:That was the one, Catherine!

They had run out of mash and didn't offer gravy... but I didn't ask, kind of assuming it was not vegetarian (plus the srving staff were very gruff.) It was worth the experiment trying them anyway. I picked up some cheese and cinnamon thingies in the shop :) We are about 20 minutes away (if the traffic's light) but don't go often as it can be a bit stressful (and we don't often really need anything.) But it was really nice and quiet last night. Perhaps it always is in the evenings?
I caught the train straight from work to Mitcham Junction where OH picked me up, so it worked well.

I think the gravy is suitable for vegetarians, but you have to ask for it. They generally seem happy to put some in a bowl and my nephews like extra gravy so I've always asked for some in a owl. We go in there instead of McDonalds for lunch if I've taken them to the cinema. Let me know next time yo are going and we can have a mini meet. I'm there quite often as I make bespoke cushions and use their material as a base
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 6th, 2019, 11:55 pm

I feel like I'm missing out on this IKEA meatballs phenomenon. I struggle with minced/ground meat so the veggie option sounds just the ticket for me. Will have to try next time.

Tuesday, I had leftover sushi rice, veg, dumplings thing for lunch.
For tea, me and Leo had a bit of a trashy tea, while my dad was tiling... quorn nuggets and curly fries from the freezer :oops:

Wednesday, chicken and chips for lunch.
Tea was Eid biryani brought in by a workmate with samosas, shami kebabs, etc. Amazing!

Today, Starbucks and a granola bar.
Lunch was from my fave sandwich shop which I've not been to for the last month because the people I normally go with have been fasting. I had tuna melt and a very strange soup of leek, spinach and chickpea and the obligatory chilli powder :lol:
Tonight, I've had salt n pepper tofu with veggie packed noodles.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 7th, 2019, 7:47 am

Last night I had two 'katsu' vegan 'kebabs'. I ate them and it felt as if I'd had nothing. So I have a slice homemade bread and jam. I would expect this to show in a slight weight loss (just muesli for lunch and a banana at 'coffee time'.) But no. A slight gain. Ikea apple pie?! I might try calorie counting next week. The last time I struggled to lose weight like this I was on antidepressants. I reckon I have been on about 1000 a day most days for 2 months now, and have shifted about 5lbs. When I was on antidpresseants I managed, in a similar like getting blood out of stone way, to lose half a stone. But it all came on as soon as I started eating normally/moderately. I don't want to go to the doctor's but... at least I am technically a bit overweight so they can't dismiss it as opure vanity.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 7th, 2019, 8:27 am

Yesterday we has Swiss eggs for lunch with fresh country bread and a stack of cherries afterwards.

Last night's supper was calves liver and bacon with onion and red wine gravy with creamy polenta and broad beans. Fresh raspberries and faisselle afterwards.

Berries for breakfast. The rest of the bacon for a bacon roll for lunch. Supper is to be HM fish cakes with parsely sauce and peas from the garden, Baked apricots filled with ratafia biscuits for dessert.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » June 7th, 2019, 11:53 am

I love liver and it’s definitely liver weather here . Rats , I keep meaning to ask , what is faiselle please?

HerbI personally for me , calorie counting doesn’t work for me , same as Sw and the dreaded syns, I find I tend to obsess too much and it’s too easy to stay within the allotted amount but not actually eat that well . I definitely need to lose a couple of stone , so am going to up the exercise and just generally eat healthier . Less treats , more veg and fruit based meals .

Obviously this healthy eating will start tomorrow as today started with a Costa hot chocolate :aww: . Lunch was a bowl of chicken and veg soup , a few rosemary crackers and a nectarine. I’ve got meatballs today, which are a Tesco range , which contain a lot of veg in the meatball mix . I’ve got a big vat of vegetable sauce with carrots onions garlic , passata, peppers, mushrooms and mixed herbs bubbling away . Am going to leave quite chunky and serve with a smallish amount of pasta .

Am finally off antibiotics so there’s a bottle of wine beckoning me tonight :oops:
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Seatallan » June 7th, 2019, 12:17 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Oh I love ikea meatballs with chips, gravy and that lingonberry jam!

Me too.... :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 7th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Pat faiselle is fromage blanc but made in the traditional way and sold in little baskets (unfortunately plastic these days) which allow you to drain the cheese of it's whey just before serving, either with berriers a fruit coulis or quite simple with a litttle cream and sugar. It is yummy and we eat quite a lot because of me not liking milk or yogurt. It can be cows, goat's or sheeps and we usually buy a local one from the foothills of Mt Vnetoux
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:
HerbI personally for me , calorie counting doesn’t work for me , same as Sw and the dreaded syns, I find I tend to obsess too much and it’s too easy to stay within the allotted amount but not actually eat that well . I definitely need to lose a couple of stone , so am going to up the exercise and just generally eat healthier . Less treats , more veg and fruit based meals .

It has worked for me in the past, but I don't like doing it because I quickly become obsessive. I am going to try it again partly to see if I really am eating as little as I think I am. I know I am eating a lot less than I was a few months ago, but people in general tend to underestimate how much they eat (and indeed drink... or anything they feel they are not supposed to do much of) and no reason to think I am an exception. If I am really eating less than 1200 calories a day, I should be losing weight.
It does mean that i will have to stop eating cereal though unless I weigh it :? Tricky at work.

It's also to have some data to back me up if i do go to the doctors. (Although they may still not believe me.) Clearly they are going to be sceptical if i just say 'I'm not eating much'. My first thought, of course, is that my thyroid meds might need upping.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 9th, 2019, 5:43 pm

I went totally off diet yesterday.

lunch was out: 'Persian cheese' wiht grilled courgettes, pomegranate seeds, cacik/tzatziki and a nice dressing. And then... sitcky toffee pudding with salted caramel ice cream and a couple of strawberries. Not had that for ages.
Dinner was some pan fried French gnocchi stuffed with tomato and cheese - a bit junky, but nice tarted up with garlic, smoked butter and a bit of Parmesan and Emmental.

Some Ikea cinnamon whirl things at about 11, then half a slice of homemade wholemeal with smoked houmous at about 4pm today.
Dinner is (about) to be some truffly pasta with more smoked butter and parmesan.

Back to grim diet tomorrow... I must not weigh myself until Wednesday!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 9th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Yesterday I had lunch at Raymond Blanc's gaff in Ruislip …. delicious 2 course set lunch for me; Cucumber Gazpacho to start, then herb crust fried haddock with saffron sauce, mussels to garnish and mousseline potatoes :chops: :chef: :hungry: Today was roast turkey with all the trimmings followed by apple and blackcurrant crumble, courtesy of our host for Contact the Elderly. Plain cooking, but again delicious :chops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 10th, 2019, 6:53 am

Breakfast: porridge with fresh blueberries

Lunch: chicken sandwich thin.

Dinner: roasted Mediterranean veg and chicken tray bake followed by strawberries, raspberries and blackberries with cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 12th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Lunch out today was this:
small plate of Soy braised quail egg, lemon mashed potato, Aleppo chilli roasted sweetcorn, pickled Asian mushrooms, truffled alioli, plantain crisps.

edit: on reflection, this isn't quite what I had. The potato (I assume that's what the puree was) was bright pink!

Except there was only one crisp! This was good, but not the best thing I have had there. I think just not to my taste really.
Dessert, however was delicious: syrup sponge with stweed rhubarb and yuzu flavoured custard - especially the custard.
OH had miso mustard cauliflower cheese, then millefeuille.

IMG_0824.JPG

We had some very nice bread and butter and delicious fennel and salt lavash.

I would love to have afternoon tea there.

Not sure whether to have dinner. I have had two cold hotdogs dipped in rosemary Maille...
Last edited by Herbidacious on June 12th, 2019, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 12th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Lovely sounding food!

We’ve recently made a lovely ragu using beef, sausage meat and pancetta that has provided a few meals. Also a Malaysian vegetable curry which was delicious. I had lunch out today of a spicy peanut and chicken salad with a red cabbage spiced slaw.

OH had a long drive back from London this afternoon and so requested a take away and wine for dinner so we had a gorgeous Chinese takeaway. Absolutely stuffed.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 13th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Breakfast: A couple of spoons of beans on toast

Lunch ham sandwich thin

Dinner: mushroom carbonara followed by a fruit yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 13th, 2019, 1:45 pm

I used the last of the chicken to make individual chicken, leek and mushroom pot pies last night which we had with loads of peas from the garden
Dessert was a large bown of cherries and some soft fresh goats cheese.

I made stock too so spring vegetable soup was on the menu for lunch today.

Tonight it's to be salade Nicoise. followed by cherry filled pancakes - how can you tell we have an orchard full ot cherries? The cherry stoner will be having an outing tomorrow for jam.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 13th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Almost a week passed and no way I'll remember all the food!

Friday evening I went out with work friends and had poppadoms, a variety of starters, a lamb curry and a chicken one.

Saturday, I made a little brunch for a couple of friends. Pancakes with strawberries, fruit toast and cuppas.
In the evening, we went out to eat to a local Mediterranean/greek type of place. I shared mezze... lots of dips and salads, halloumi, sucuk, feta filo cigars and then chargrilled chicken, lamb, salad and bulgur wheat. And beers and cocktails.

Sunday, very late up and had veggie sausage and egg on toast.
An ice cream.
Mainly snacking for the rest of the day.

Monday, tea was mozzarella bagel burger and chips before food shopping.

Tuesday, I was out for a friend's birthday at a Korean restaurant. We shared a table full of starters and sides which was like heaven... pork dumplings, veg pancake, pork bao, kimchi, korean fried chicken, rice and lettuce leaves.

I finally made something proper last night... korean crispy chicken thighs, rice and stir fried veg.

Today, I had the leftovers for lunch after a super busy morning with just a mini soreen bar for breakfast.
Not sure what I'm thinking tonight. I'm cooking for 1 so it just seems like a lot of effort :lol
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 17th, 2019, 10:36 am

I have consumed more calories in the last few days than I probably did in the previous week? Well maybe not, but I have indulged.
Friday: big box of tempeh - two types/flavours - with two flat breads
dinner was Sainsbury's trifle, and then a bar of white chocolate :?
Saturday:
apricot jam filled crepe things (those prepacked ones - from France.)
bread and butter, and a Bonne Maman blackcurrant mouse for lunch
dinner: Pizza Express type pizza and chocolate fudge cake with cream
Sunday:
a couple of toffees for 'breakfast'
broad bean and halloumi bruschette. Shared paprika fries with OH.
sticky toffee pudding with ice cream
I just had a bit of Swedish cheese last night
Last edited by Herbidacious on June 20th, 2019, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » June 18th, 2019, 11:42 am

Dinner yesterday was a pork chop with gnocchi mixed with some mascarpone , spinach and semi dried tomatoes baked and some sweet corn on the side. The pork chop was from my butchers who do amazing products . The pork chops have a lovely layer of fat around them and great flavour .

Breakfast was a crumpet with marmite . Haven’t had a crumpet in years . Lunch was a tortilla wrap with grated cheese, a shredded rasher of bacon and onion on top then baked , a SW pizza hack . I’m at work tonight and have just made a use up kind of cottage pie . Lean mince with carrot celery, onion, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic . Dried herbs , a tin of baked beans , tsp of marmite and a red wine stock added then it’ll be topped with carrot and swede mash layer and baked . We’ve got green beans to have on the side , probably with extra gravy . Never let it be said I don’t use a lot of veg in my cooking
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 18th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Fresh orange and grapefruit with a handful of granola.
Cheese salad sandwich and a bag of hula hoops.
Tonight will be sea bass fillets with green beans, new potatoes and a caper vinaigrette.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 19th, 2019, 11:30 am

Porridge with a fresh peach
Salad wrap
Tonight will be the Hairy Bikers' pasta Bolognese.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 19th, 2019, 12:32 pm

I am really trying to eat a balanced diet at the moment and to cut out too much sugar and fat.
So last night we had a HM moussaka with 3 grain rice and a green salad. followed by faiselle and fresh raspberries.

There was HM yogurt for breakfast with berries - I just ate berries.

Lunch was a Greek salad with tomatoes from the garden followed by fresh apricots which were just too good.
Tonight I have lamb fillet chops which I will cook with fresh garlic and rosemary - potato and courgette pancakes and beetroot wedges.
It will probably be cheese and cherries afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 24th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Trying to think back over the last week or two...

Roast tarragon chicken with 40 cloves of garlic
Chicken and vegetable pie
Sticky Vietnamese pork belly with rice
Gnocchi with mushrooms, speck and parmesan with sage
Homemade pizza with black garlic, truffle oil, asparagus and mozzarella

Lots of eating out incl a gorgeous meal for SILs birthday. My asparagus, mint and feta soup was a highlight.

Tonight we had crispy skinned sea bass and tiger prawn tacos served with charred corn, gem lettuce, fresh salsa, limes, coriander, guacamole...and some rice with chilli, peppers, spring onions and diced tomatoes in it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 25th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Leftover chicken and veg pie filling from the freezer mixed with pasta for lunch. Garnished with parmesan and parsley.

Shortbread after the gym and a swim.

Dinner was a halloumi and roasted pepper and rocket salad with basil pesto drizzled over.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 25th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Food sounds fab Emma, I could eat all that right now!

Nothing too exciting round here, there's been a few decent bits and pieces...
Thai yellow quorn and veg curry last night.
OH made us veggie meatballs with a very very veg packed sauce last week
Breakfast stands (I.e. 3 tiered breakfast feast) at local favourite on Saturday.
Tonight we've had vegetarian chilli cheese dogs using quorn hot dogs on finger rolls topped with a quickly made bean chilli, cheese and fried onions. Very nice!

Really need to get back into a good routine of meal planning but the inspiration is lacking somewhat!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 26th, 2019, 10:40 am

I’ve had weeks of not being able to post - a glitch on my iPad I think. Have been to the UK and back (where I had a couple of amazing Vietnamese meals). Other highlights were a meal out last Friday with Asian shrimp lettuce rolls, some sort of Korean duck pancake things and some amazing sushi. Cooked at home was chicken chilli. Today is roti Wednesday for lunch. Not sure for dinner. We are meant to be out but neither of us wants to. If in I might make fried rice to use up bits.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 27th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Mug of granola at 11am, 4 small sausage rolls and mustard 1.40pm. S&K pie and veg tonight as a ding dinner.

Nice sounding food Herb. :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 27th, 2019, 12:55 pm

With this week's heat we have been eating anything that doesn't involve turned on the oven.

Lots of lunch-time salad, Greek, watermelon and feta with black olives, melon , mozarella ans Serano ham, Prawn, melon and avocado and today fresh beansprouts with orange segments and unsalted peanuts

Suppers have been chicken stirfry with cashew nuts and hoi-sin sauce with egg fried rice and bean sprouts. Tonight, Fillets of rascase with tapenade and persillade on a bed of tomatoes and fennel.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 27th, 2019, 1:16 pm

I had a mug of muesli for lunch yesterday. (No spare dishes.)
Dinner was tapas. A local restaurant which for some reason we hadn't got round to trying (it's been there longer than we have.) it was nothing special, but perfectly good quality and lovely staff.
We shared manchego with membrillo, mushroom croquettes, berenjena, patatas bravas and grilled asaparagus. Then we each had a tarta de Santiago. Might have had creme catalana, but it was described as 'vanilla ice cream covered with cream caramel sauce'?!!

I just had a small marinated mushroom, broccoli and red cabbage salad from Pret. Hungry.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 27th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Dinner: very garlicky courgettes from the garden, with rosemary (also from garden), pine nuts and delicious feta from Waitrose :)

I think I might have dessert. If I do, it will probably either be stewed rhubarb, which I just picked and cooked, with cream... or I could have a (bought) sticky toffee pudding with creme anglaise. But I shouldn't. (And should not have bought them.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 30th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Wednesday we had the fried rice. Thursday was chilli with guacamole etc. Friday was a veggie roti for lunch. Did an amazing historic walk in the afternoon that we had bid for at an auction which then included drinks and nibbles so that was dinner. Little wraps, chicken bites, cheeses and prune wrapped in bacon (can never remember if that is angel or devil!) and lots of prosecco. Last night was out at a new sushi place near us (so exciting - businesses have been folding since the hurricane not new ones opening :( ). Had tuna tatami, edamame, some hamachi sashimi and spicy tuna roll :chops:

Out on a boat today and I think we will end up at a place that does lovely fish tacos. Dinner will be chicken chilli from the freezer.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 1st, 2019, 9:18 am

Friday night was an omelette made with left over garlicky courgettes, feta and some emmental
Saturday lunch was grilled halloumi with some tapenade, then a small rhubarb crumble (!)
Dinner was junky - some cheesy sausages and sweetcorn, prepared by husband (I was too ill to do anything.)
Sunday - went out (although probably shouldn't have) I had chickpea and parmesan 'chips', then a white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.
Dinner was an alpine egg (with emmental - made by husband!!!), then a microwave sticky toffee pudding with creme anglais
So much for a last ditch attempt at dieting before the holiday... :? Feeding a (my) cold?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 3rd, 2019, 6:10 pm

Recently we’ve had paella made in the pan outside, chilli with rice, limes and coriander, slow cooked ham hock with cider, sage and mustard, wild mushroom and spinach lasagne. The odd nutella muffin at our gym club after a class. Lots of strawberries. A fair bit of Prosecco last weekend with family staying over.

Nice and easy spaghetti bolognese tonight. It’s been simmering for quite a few hours and smells pretty good :bounce:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Gruney » July 3rd, 2019, 6:15 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Recently we’ve had paella made in the pan outside, chilli with rice, limes and coriander, slow cooked ham hock with cider, sage and mustard, wild mushroom and spinach lasagne. The odd nutella muffin at our gym club after a class. Lots of strawberries. A fair bit of Prosecco last weekend with family staying over.

Nice and easy spaghetti bolognese tonight. It’s been simmering for quite a few hours and smells pretty good :bounce:

Stop it! Just stop it! Too many of my absolute favourites! :lol:
Gruney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » July 3rd, 2019, 8:28 pm

Last night I had butternut squash gnocchi - fried with garlic and sage and topped with smoked butter and parmesan.
today: a slice of home made bread a butter and a tomato and feta salad with a splash garlic and lemon oil.
tonight: melanzane parmigiana and a slice of cheesy garlic bread.
I swear I have put all my weight back on in the last week. But I wanted to get better re cold. I am sure not eating last itme made it last longer.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » July 4th, 2019, 12:33 am

Gruney wrote:
OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Recently we’ve had paella made in the pan outside, chilli with rice, limes and coriander, slow cooked ham hock with cider, sage and mustard, wild mushroom and spinach lasagne. The odd nutella muffin at our gym club after a class. Lots of strawberries. A fair bit of Prosecco last weekend with family staying over.

Stop it! Just stop it! Too many of my absolute favourites! :lol:

Gruney - im convinced OMCO is actually Tom Keddridge......

Last night shared quality pizzas with colleagues. Today roti for lunch. Dinner has been salmon fillet with spicy veggie noodles :chops:
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » July 4th, 2019, 8:00 am

Rocky wrote:Gruney - im convinced OMCO is actually Tom Keddridge......

:lol: :tu:

I agree! Mind you, your meals always make me salivate too, Rocky.... :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 4th, 2019, 9:01 am

:lol: Definitely not a bald chef :D OH used to be a chef though which helps! I don’t bother to post any details of the boring freezer meals either ;)

I’m so envious of your roti Wednesday Rocky.

We’ve rejoined the local golf and spa club as they have amazing classes and facilities for children too. So I’m managing daily swimming, yoga or pilates etc which I’m loving. Taking just 45 minutes a day for a moment of me time is just great :tu: Anyway, it’s meaning I’m having fruit first thing and then toast or eggs after a class most days.

I’ve defrosted chicken breasts for dinner, that’s as far as I’ve got with dinner plans. Possibly something involving tomatoes and basil too. But there’ll also be popcorn when we meet friends at the cinema for Toy Story.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 4th, 2019, 9:19 am

I agree too! The children growing up in OMCO's household are having a wonderful food grounding!

I have been mainly following a 'plant based' diet for the past few weeks. I am not about to become vegan but came across an easy-to-follow regime to try. I am really enjoying it, I didn't do it to lose weight although it was suggested that most people do, more to 'reset my clock'. I haven't really lost weight but have easily adapted to less added salt and sugar. What I have noticed is that I have barely needed to use the oven, have little unrecyclable waste and am more easily able to resist the urge to pick between meals and buy 'naughty' things when shopping. Also, once I had bought a few initial basics that I don't normally keep, my shopping bill is lower.

The biggest revelation to date is silken tofu whizzed up with a little plant milk and parsley or coriander and lemon juice to make a dressing or dip (or without the herbs and using coconut milk which can be tweaked into something eaten with fruit), possibly not to everyone's taste but I love it. Also, that Dijon mustard and lemon juice without oil makes quite a nice low calorie dressing.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Great tip on the dressing EM!

Last night we made a Sri Lankan coconutty curry using a little bit of chicken and loads of veg...mushrooms, green beans and peppers. We roasted a whole cauliflower to have with it which had a spicy oil rubbed in it. Plus basmati rice.

Lunch today was a cheese, tomato and basil toastie. Dinner tonight will be out at our favourite Italian restaurant with my mum and dad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 5th, 2019, 1:51 pm

I'm afraid I didn't reaaly cover myself in healthy glory foodwise but it was good.

HM moules frites usingg lovely Breton mussels - the little bouchot ones. The frites were from Picard - ie frozen to save time an heat. They were properly cooked though - can't bear oven chips!
Afterwards we had sliced white peaches in white wine - what could be easier or more delicious?

The rest of the mussels have been turned into a chowder for tonight and there is a rather good St Marceline cheese waiting for us perhaps with some fresh apricots.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » July 5th, 2019, 9:07 pm

That all sounds wonderful Joan :chops:

At the Italian place tonight I had a grilled aubergine starter and nicked some of my dads crab. Main was rib eye with garlic spinach, potatoes and a sort of confit tomato relish.

I skipped a solid dessert for a martini garnished with crushed ferrero rocher round the rim. I know it sounds awful but I don’t care, it tasted amazing :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » July 5th, 2019, 9:41 pm

So long since I updated again! I have been reading though and keeping up!

Last weekend, we had a nice breakfast out where I had llapingachos (a sort of hash brown cake with cheese!) with fried egg and bacon on top. Very rich but amazing!

Made a sort of pick n mix of foods for tea on sunday and lunches the next few days... spiced steak, asian style chicken, chilli and mint dressed halloumi, sesame dressed noodles, lemon and herb bulgur, balsamic roasted peppers and onions, soy and chilli dressed broccoli. Random mixes but really nice.

I had noodles and veg dumplings one night.

We went out to a grill place on Wednesday. We had chicken kebabs with spiced rice, an amazing salad, beautiful falafel, tabbouleh and the nicest hummus ever.

Last night I made a really nice chicken curry. I've had leftover tonight.

For lunch today, I had a proper northern locally made meat and potato pie with peas and gravy. Lovely!
EmWilk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop