good morning +

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: good morning +

Postby Seatallan » October 31st, 2019, 9:16 am

Sorry about the Boden dress Herbi :( . I've never had much luck with Boden- last time I tried on a Boden dress it made me look like Friar Tuck. :)

Hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 31st, 2019, 10:36 am

Sunny here at the moment
Loads of little things to do before I go out late afternoon so I should get on. But obviously I’m not. Yet.

Fell the countdown to going away starting to tick :D

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 31st, 2019, 11:25 am

Good morning all

I’ve never, even in my size 12 days, found Boden made anything that flattered my proportions. Good hunting Herbi. The right dress will appear :D

There’s a Pear & Ginger Cake in the oven ... when I’ve finished this :mug: I’m going to make a Macaroni Cheese for supper. I might also make a Cole slaw with the bits in the bottom of the salad drawer.

Have a good day all 8-)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 31st, 2019, 11:49 am

Boden works for me most of the time, although these days they have upped the elastane content of most of their 'jersey' garments, which means they cling to all the bumps and bulges you don't want them to.

I am now swinging between making do with something I have (probably a Boden dress, but not a 'special' one) and buying an expensive Emmy Design dress. But this would come from Sweden and so expensive to send back if necessary.

I just need to decide. I hate indecision.

I need to do a shoe audit. I know I have some lovely ones (which I never wear) If I am wearing a less than posh dress, I need to up the accessories ante. Matching shoes and necklace sort of thing.

Sorry I will stop boring you all with this now. I ham feeling a bit negative/down about it, though, as in, 'I won't look nice in anything.'
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 31st, 2019, 1:45 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Sorry I will stop boring you all with this now. I ham feeling a bit negative/down about it, though, as in, 'I won't look nice in anything.'

Herbi, believe me, I am NEVER bored by you and certainly never bored by anything outfit-related :luv: . Indeed, I think you should keep us fully updated on your search and if poss post some links to the various options. Nothing more fun than 'helping' a fellow girlie finding a suitable frock :D .The right outfit is without doubt out there and you'll look lovely. May I suggest you deffo go for something new if possible? You'll feel heaps 'nicer' in a new dress if you can find the appropriate one. :hug: :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 31st, 2019, 2:54 pm

Gosh, that's a nice thing to say. Thank you! (I am having a mother-induced really shitty afternoon and that cheered me up a bit.)

I will go and have a a look at a dress I have my eye on next week after work, if I can.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 31st, 2019, 3:59 pm

:D :tu: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Good for you Herbi!!
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » October 31st, 2019, 5:12 pm

i hunted high and low for an outfit for a special do once, i went everywhere that had a dress shop locally, then more upcountry, some really expensive shops. as a last resort two days before the event i went into a tkmax in st albans and pulled something off a rail that had potential. right colour and style but not sure about the size. i tried it on and came out to look in the mirror and the assistant said 'wow - that was made for you!' she was right, it fitted perfectly (doubt it does at the moment ) and looked like it would have cost a fortune at the full price. i think i paid about forty quid for the dress and matching jacket.
it was a real bargain and looked great.( i know i could have made something but i didn't have time at that point).
can't remember what make it is but who cares.
not being a dress wearer, usually, i don't know what boden are like - other than a make of caffetieres - just had a look, along with gudgeon slogan (that's what the computer wants to call her) as a friend is obsessed with her stuff. nothing jumped from the screen.
i do wish, that if they give you a choice of different sizes, they would show that size model wearing the stuff!
good luck in your hunt, herbi.
i'm of the mind that as long as you feel comfortable in it you will probably look great - given the choice of something i had that i knew would be appropriate (however old) and i was really at ease in, i would choose that over a new thing that i wasn't completely sure of - my 'smart' suit is over sixty years old and used to belong to my mother - and my father's sister before that!
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 31st, 2019, 6:24 pm

I would agree that if something fits well it will always look more expensive than something that doesn’t. :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 1st, 2019, 12:00 am

Bodum make cafetières

I did something similar with the dress I needed for a wedding - searched everywhere, and finally found it on the sale rail in Monsoon
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 1st, 2019, 8:54 am

Sometimes, just trying on a lot of new things, makes you realise that something you already have isn't bad after all!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 1st, 2019, 9:01 am

Well now I won't have next weekend to go shopping as my mother is pulling a selfish one on me, and is 'making' me (as in if I don't I may get a repeat of the monstrous behaviour of the summer) go up next weekend. This really upset me yesterday. Her 'need' to get cash out to pay her cleaner is more important than my need to recover at the weekend (I am going to my mother in law's tonight for the weekend, which is not going to be easy, to put it mildly) so this well mean three weeks of work without a proper rest. (And I really do need the weekend to recover from my week.) I think she regards any weekend when I am not booked to something specific, as one on which I should or can visit her. (And if I am doing something else, I probably shouldn't be.)
The compromise is that I have said I will only go for one night and day and OH won't be coming with me. (I don't like leaving the cats on consecutive weekends either.) I will be going through her cash expenditure and making sure she has enough to last until Christmas. (I may take out extra and hide it as contingency money). Christmas is quite a while off, but it wouldn't have been if I'd gone the weekend after as planned :evil:

Rant over :shock:

On a more positive note, I have booked a crossing to France for a pre-Christmas shopping trip in December and we are going to stay over night in a mini chateau this time (chateauette?!:) ), so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and can do a bit more pootling around. (There are actually quite a few impressive-looking full-sized chateaus in Normandy). This will be on December 13th, so this means that I could, in principle, drop in on those of you coming to London that day while you have lunch in South Ken, or wherever you end up, as I have taken the afternoon off. But will have to see how laid back I am feeling. Leaving later afternoon.

Back to Boden, they do do ‘petite’ sizes, which given the current fashion for really quite long things, is helpful for me at my diminished height (about 5.3? I think I may have lost half an inch already). Although often the shorter version doesn’t really work. The design is meant for tall people.
Interesting thing about showing pictures of models on young thin people. The clothes seem less appealing on realistic people? :o It’s not just that the advertising people need to change their approach, but we (or some of us) need to recondition ourselves. Or maybe it’s partly that my body shape has changed in the last couple of years, and I have not yet learnt to readjust my imagination.

Dull out this morning. Lots of bird song but I can’t see any. Yesterday, I was trying to take a pic of Lily for husband (who is at his mother's already) and she kept trying to look around me to, I supposed, watch the birds. However when I looked, I realized that what she was craning to see was a tabby cat eating croissants on the lawn :D Yep I know that sentence sounds ridiculous.
Apologies for the very long post.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 1st, 2019, 9:37 am

good morning, all.
dry-ish at the moment but that won't be for long. poured yesterday evening and through the night.
i know it sounds heartless but i'm thankful i no longer have the guilt trip my mother used to lay on me (and she could be very nasty at times - i even got blamed for giving birth a couple of days after they'd gone back up-country, after they'd been down a couple of weeks) and it's the thing i have determined not to do to my offspring.
nothing on today other than a parcel being delivered in the next hour by 'richard' so i may have to make myself slightly more presentable than i am now - i'm in slob mode.
can you 'come-down-with' a food poisoning episode the day before you're meant to see her - surely she wouldn't want you to visit then‽‽ pretend to wretch in a bucket if she phones to check? - i think you can tell i'm not always a nice person, can't you!
today is cat flea and worming day.
have a good day everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 1st, 2019, 9:53 am

Herbi - :hug:. The only thing you can do is try to make it a positive adventure for your own sanity! I laughed so much at the vision of the cat enjoying croissants on the lawn :lol:.

I am so shallow like to see clothes displayed on people with slim and well proportioned figures in catalogues and am far more likely to buy than when they are displayed on people with more realistic figures like mine. If the garment does not look flattering on the page I know I can't even dream that it might flatter me.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 1st, 2019, 10:02 am

Herbi.... :hug: :hug:

Could you combine trip to mother with a brief shopping excursion? Not a splendid outlet shopping village or anything near where she lives? Probably unfeasible I know but just thought it might make it easier.
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 1st, 2019, 10:52 am

Thanks all.

I will be going by train, Sea, so limited mobility and if just going for a day, limited time.

I am trying to create something to look forward to other than a whole weekend at home on the 16-17th!!! If I have the energy, will suggest a really nice meal out in central London next week. (Still not goT round to a birthday dinner, if we need an excuse :) )

Scully you have reminded me, I really really need to put flea treatment on our cats. It will have to wait until I get back, now, of course. They also need to go to the bet's for their annual stuff. Oh joy. Caterwauling in stereo on the back seat of the car :lol: Caterwauling is a great word...

I have one day of annual leave left, but really want to keep it so that I don't need to in the week of Christmas. I might manage a day working from home if I get desperate. (It helps a lot not having to do the commute in terms of energy.) But I have quite a few lately, and although it's been for the purpose of getting twice as much down, it's still regarded as a bit of a favour, so can't push it too much.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 1st, 2019, 4:17 pm

Herbi, do you really HAVE to go to see your mum this weekend? Or is it one of those things where if you don't life will be so miserable that you'll not enjoy the weekend anyway? Just wondering if this is the point where you should put your foot down and refuse to be emotionally blackmailed...
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 1st, 2019, 5:01 pm

MIL this weekend, my mother next weekend.

MIL yes. Hip operation. But I might be able to come back tomorrow... It's up to OH. He say he has some urgent work to do (and he's been there since Wednesday.) so would like to come home early. Depends on whether he dare or not! Apparently she is quite mobile. I assume I won't have to stay on my own if he does... :?

Mother - well plan was to go the weekend of the 16th. I have to go sooner rather than later, and I have to go away on consecutive weekends anyway as the wedding is on the 23rd, so maybe going this weekend is actually better if I get away with making it a one nighter. However I am still upset with her for not thinking my well being matters and that her deifnition of selfish is not putting her above all else.
I will put my foot down though if she expects me to go again before Christmas. I refuse to go with less than a 4 week gap unless she is very ill. That would set very very dangerous precendence. I honestly think that if I offered to spend all my weekends there, she'd say yes, even though she'd know all the implications and consequences of that.

The thing I can't really explain to her, of course, is it's not just how tired I get, but the psychological toll the visits take - extreme stress and tearful anxiety the week before and then tiredness and depression the week after. I feel weak for it affecting me like this, but it's too deeply entangled with my relationship with her for me to simply not react in this way. Anyway if she knew, she'd be deeply offended. Self assessment has never been her strong point.

The trains from Euston are all delayed or cancelled this evening, so fingers crossed it's ok.

Can;t wait to leave the office. Zero concentration (and it's not just me!)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 2nd, 2019, 10:37 am

Oh Herbi....can't say anything constructive but I do sympathise.... nothing worse than someone who can press all your guilt buttons is there? :hug: :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » November 2nd, 2019, 10:37 am

good morning, all.
wet and very windy. it's decreasing but we're still getting 50-60 mph gusts.
my partner is watching the rugby; he says it's not looking hopeful.
i am on the lookout for an old saucepan that may get ruined. i'm not going to use the le creuset that i joined last week as that is earmarked for another purpose and for is the best sized pan i have for a bowl for melting chocolate etc.
does your mother realise how much it costs you to visit her just to go and get money out for her, herbi? let alone the loss of your time and energy.
a couple of bits of 'playtime' to get on with later, maybe, and qually tonight.
have a good day, everyone.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » November 3rd, 2019, 11:43 am

good morning, all.
the rain seems to have stopped for a little while.
i heard and saw no fireworks last night only rain and a bit of a breeze. maybe a load of displays/parties were postponed.
a meeting this afternoon and f1 tonight.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 3rd, 2019, 11:52 am

Good morning all :D

We have sunshine and the air is almost still ... it looks like a beautiful day ahead.
OH is at work ... I'm nearly finished with this button band ... then it's the sewing up ...

Have a lovely day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 3rd, 2019, 1:43 pm

Good afternoon
Was lovely earlier but clouding now
Been for my walk, I went round the reservoirs and the sailing school was out in near perfect conditions
They were clearing up after the firework display in the park, it went ahead in fairly reasonable conditions, I heard a few but nothing alarming

Have a good afternoon everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 3rd, 2019, 7:00 pm

Evening. I am back after a six hour drive - with a cold. Shattered.

MIL was astonishingly rude to me on a rolling basis as she sat watching me make dinner. Ok when OH was in the room, though (at this point he was doing work for something he needs to 'hand in' tomorrow.) Other than that, just the usual annoyingness.

On the plus, but possibly not useful, side, if I ever stay in the same apartment in Lisbon again, and need to get up to warm milk in the middle of the night, I will have a better idea as to how, having learnt that induction hobs don't work unless you put a pan on them. I guess the key is in the word 'induction'. MIL made it clear that she thought I was stupid for not knowing this, of course. I have to say, I like to be able to remove the pan from the heat, when things get too hot, for a few seconds, rather than jabbing at the truculent control panel ro reduce the heat, so induction may not be for me.

Good to be home :D
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 3rd, 2019, 7:07 pm

Welcome home Herbi :hug: :mug: or :cocktail: , you choose ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 3rd, 2019, 7:18 pm

Thanks! I am hitting the sparkling water :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 3rd, 2019, 7:28 pm

Put a slice of lemon it and pretend it’s a double G&T ;) :cocktail: :cocktail:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 3rd, 2019, 8:30 pm

:lol:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 4th, 2019, 8:24 am

Morning. Bright and sunny out.

Came down with a nasty cold over the weekend - inflamed oesophagus and coughing etc. - so staying at home today. I was fooled by the clock change one week on. I forgot I had not changed my bedroom clock and got up earlier than I meant to. Not hat I need to get up an hour after this really...
Intend to spend the day resting, reading and putting a load or two of washing on.

I hope everyone has a good day
Last edited by Herbidacious on November 4th, 2019, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 4th, 2019, 8:49 am

Herbi - :hug:. You need a good rest, it must feel horrid to have the cold but perhaps it's nature's way ....

I hate induction hobs too. I wrestle with one each week at GD's and am always pleased to come home to gas. I didn't realise they had to have a pan on them either!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 4th, 2019, 9:50 am

Good morning
Shame about the cold Herbi

I dissent - I’ve loved the induction hobs I’ve used and I don’t see why you can’t take the pan off to control heating. What I love is the way that they will hold things at a consistent simmer and so on. I intend to have one next time, much safer for someone with poor sight. The only thing is that mine has to have knobs, not that silly video game thing to control it, does anyone actually like that?

Better get on I suppose. Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » November 4th, 2019, 10:20 am

My induction hob has got knobs, but it’s quite old and probably pre dates the modern screen controls now used.
Absolutely love it, so precise and fast.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 4th, 2019, 10:32 am

I had a quick look on ao.com - you can select for type of control, and there is a choice of 9 models with rotary knobs

I think like anything else, you have to expect to learn to us it
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » November 4th, 2019, 11:12 am

good morning, all.
there seems to be a bright light outside - it keeps getting switched off every-so-often, with rain taking its place. it's on at the moment.
i will be using an induction hob soon. maybe i should start reading the instruction book before the time comes.
nothing in the diary but as the dry patch isn't meant to last for more than the next few minutes it isn't worth contemplating going for a walk on the beach. which is a shame - we haven't been down for a couple of weeks - rain stopped play.
i put the kettle on a short while ago but my partner says he's off into the garden so it looks like i'm making coffee again - what do i keep him for‽‽‽
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 4th, 2019, 11:17 am

You definitely need an induction hob with knobs. I used one on a cookery course which switched off if you moved a pan anywhere near the digital control :evil:. Everyone was caught out at some point. The one at GD's is digital and not easy to use, you have to press the numbers really hard. I think the thing I dislike about them most is that they don't cool down straight away so you do have to take the pan off - and if you are using other hotplates there's not much space. Plus, it is easy to touch them by mistake when they are still hot.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 4th, 2019, 11:27 am

Knobs would have made it easier. It was certainly not touch-sensitive. So if you take it off, the whole thing doesn't switch off (as MIL told me)?!

Who knows when I will be cooking on it again... :shock: If I do, will make sure husband is in the kitchen at the same time. The rude behaviour will not improve with age.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 4th, 2019, 11:52 am

fortunately (?) i've never had a mother in law but if i had had and she had done that to me i wouldn't have visited again.
there is no excuse for such behaviour (- possibly just because you took her little boy from her? did she think he would stay with her forever?).
are you expected to cook for her when you visit? - maybe you could ask your husband to do it (and see if he can work the induction hob) - and then, if he can't, point out to her that a good mother would have taught her son to cook before he left home. (yes, i am that horrible - but i did get my son to cook)
can you ask for the instruction book?
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 4th, 2019, 11:52 am

Good morning folks :D
I’m feeling virtuous, bedroom done including fresh bedding, bathroom done, paperwork done, Coleslaw made and lovely merino yarn ordered for next knitting project https://www.laughinghens.com/knitting-w ... 00-rosalyn. I’ve used this yarn before and it’s a joy to use, so silky and not fluffy so that textured patterns show up really well. I’m going to enjoy making a kimono-style jacket for myself.
Now I’d better get on with finishing this cardi for MIL.
It’s ok Scully ... my OH says he’ll make the coffee in a minute ...
Have a good day all
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » November 4th, 2019, 11:55 am

can you thank him for me but he can put my cup away again - i've just been handed one.

ps.
gosh, the price of yarn has gone up since i last bought any! it always used to be cheaper to make than buy a garment - when did that cross over?
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 4th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Oh Herbi... between your mother and your MIL you really do have a time of it don't you? :hug: :hug:

Re induction hobs- we've very recently had one installed (to replace the rather shabby electric hob that was already in situ) and it's wonderful! :D I love it- SO easy to control the heat (like cooking with gas) and user-friendly (mine is a touch-screen one and no problem to use whatsoever). We deliberately chose one that didn't have too many unnecessary (to my mind) features- some of them are terribly over-engineered I think (I've encountered a couple of nightmare ones at holiday cottages)- and the one we plumped for is very intuitive. If anyone is interested, it's from the Stoves range and we bought it from AO.com (who delivered it, fitted it and took the old one away. It was a most efficient and reasonably priced service).
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 4th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Mixed fibre yarn is a bit cheaper and artificial fibre yarns much cheaper, but the good stuff is pricey ... this jacket will cost around £70 to make, but to buy a beautiful hand knitted 100% merino kimono-style jacket would cost three or four times that. I like the fact that I’m getting a lovely jacket and that sheep farmers are getting at least a bit of money for the fleeces, and I really enjoy knitting ... win:win :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 4th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Herbidacious wrote: So if you take it off, the whole thing doesn't switch off (as MIL told me)?!

I think it does, but it still takes a while to cool down.

As the dynamics of my family have changed, I do understand that it can be sad in small ways to lose matriarchal status to strangers that one's offspring have chosen to make their lives with (especially if you were a bit controlling and ran the house and made sure everything was done as you wanted it to be). You have to choose either to be bitter or to embrace your new standing and play your new part as well and as lovingly and diplomatically as you can whilst sometimes biting your tongue. Sadly, many MILs seem unable to do this or even if they try a bit, can't quite manage all the time. I find a lot of chat with friends these days is venting off about our offspring's loved ones so that we don't do it in front of them :lol: :lol:. If you are elderly and a bit lonely it is all too easy to behave like a small child who is overwhelmed, frustrated and upset at some trivial matter when everyone gets togther.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 4th, 2019, 1:50 pm

I can’t use touch screen induction or ceramic hobs because I can’t see the screen well enough

If you take the pan off an induction hob, the zone it was on will stop heating immediately, but the hob shouldn’t switch off unless it has a very short time delay for switching itself off when inactive.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 4th, 2019, 6:27 pm

To be fair, I offered to cook. She has just had a hip replacement (n.b. this does not explain behaviour. This is how she is.) OH can't cook. Given up on him.

I think one of the problems with MIL is that she simply just doesn't like me. But she is also very very blunt and neither kind nor warm (and has in the past done and said very seriously bad things which I could be forgiven for not forgiving.) Not sure how her other DIL copes with her (she goes up more often with small son.) I am not on terms with her such that we could have a conversation about it. (Probably best not to anyway...) but I don't think she is really my MIL's idea of an ideal daughter in law either.

I have managed to avoid visiting my MIL for almost three years (although we have met up) which I did feel a bit bad about...

I slept for 5 hours this afternoon!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby scullion » November 4th, 2019, 10:13 pm

if she wasn't your relative she wouldn't be in your circle of friends - never feel guilty or bad about it.
try your best to not let it get to you and just smile, benignly, at her when she makes comments. adding a raised eyebrow at the same time as smiling could add another layer of distain.
she sounds a very bitter woman.
scullion
Registered

Postby Rainbow » November 4th, 2019, 10:53 pm

scullion wrote:if she wasn't your relative she wouldn't be in your circle of friends - never feel guilty or bad about it.

Sorry to hear you have a hard time with both mother and MIL but I agree with scullion about the guilty feelings :)

As for induction hobs - I love mine :D It doesn't have a screen (haven't seen those ones) but has touch controls, not knobs. It also has a 'Lock' button which locks the settings in place in case you accidentally touch them (although I don't use that feature very often). If you remove the pan it stops cooking instantly because the heating actually occurs in the base of the saucepan, via a magnetic coil in the hob - hence the need for a magnetic saucepan base. After the pan has been removed for a short time the hob will switch off, but if you put the pan back quickly then it comes on again.
Areas that are still hot stay lit up in some way, to warn you not to touch! (at least mine does that).
Rainbow
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 5th, 2019, 7:22 am

Good morning
Went to bed a little early last night as was quite tired, then woke up at 4 and couldn’t get back to sleep

I went to a talk by Marcus Wareing, his professional kitchens all use induction hobs, he had to have them at St Pancras because of the way the building was converted, but now prefers them for excellent control and a cooler kitchen.

Too dark to tell if it’s going to be bright or not later, the forecast is cool with showers just at bonfire time :(

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 5th, 2019, 8:07 am

Good morning all :D

I’m of the opinion that, with a few exceptions, mothers and mothers in law get the relationship with their daughters and daughters in law they deserve.

Heading into the city this morning ... the first step will be to get out of bed ...

Have a good day all :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 5th, 2019, 8:43 am

Morning. Brightish here, cloudy but with a glimmer of enough sun to make me wish I hadn't looked at it :?
Still not well enough to go into work, I think (well I could, but I don't think it would achieve much.) I might try and do a bit owof work at home but officially be off sick (one is not allowed half and half.)
Basil was a terrible pain this morming. I don;t know why. He was constantly mewing and poking me from 6am so awake and unable to sleep more.

I dug out my shapewear thingy (for wedding) earlier. I am not sure it's worth bothering with. A pair of Heist tights wil probably do with less discomfort. However, while looking for it (it was missing) I found a camera lens that I had mislaid, so very very pleased about that. (Clearly I had hidden it in my wardrobe at some point.) I had looked for it in the wardrobe several times... :? This often seems to happen. Something I have turned my bag inside out for, suddenly appearing inside it, sitting right on the top of everything the next day...

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day.

p.s. I do sometimes wonder if I would have liked my mother had we met as people of the same age when younger... But I suppose my father liked her and he and I are/were more similar in character.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 5th, 2019, 8:48 am

Opposites attract, Herbi! How lovely to find a camera lens in your wardrobe! That would please me too :lol:. I love finding things I've lost - I recently found my grandmother's button box - I had been searching my small house for it for about 18 months! (and it was where I had thought it was :rolleyes: ).
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop