[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Wildfood.info • View topic - NY times review a modern British food restaurant

NY times review a modern British food restaurant

Out of the main bustle of the Coffee shop this is where people gather to share recipes and tips/tricks.

Postby wargarden » February 19th, 2020, 3:21 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/dini ... sContainer
wargarden
Registered

Re: NY times review a modern British food restaurant

Postby earthmaiden » February 19th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Great article Wargarden. I think many on this board are familiar with the reputation of the Hendersons. We had a small Wildie gathering at St John Bread & Wine last year.

I am beginning to really like the NY Times, not just for food pages.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » February 20th, 2020, 4:38 pm

didn't fergus win one of the big food awards just recently?
scullion
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » February 22nd, 2020, 1:01 am

Wonderful for all those who like to chew on bones, eat gizzards and munch on pig´s toenails.
Not for me, however.
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 22nd, 2020, 8:19 am

But bliss for me :hungry:

:idea: Why is it that so many people refer to the ethos of nose to tail eating in such pejorative terms, but if I referred to vegetarian food in similarly derogatory terms I’d be lambasted?
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 22nd, 2020, 8:38 am

We didn't have any of those things at St John Bread and Wine. Possibly not the restaurants for vegetarians though. I would have liked more veg accompaniments available for the delicious but rich food on offer.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 22nd, 2020, 10:39 am

Those marrow bones look positively mouth-watering... :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 22nd, 2020, 12:32 pm

I’m intrigued by the description of Black Axe Mangal, about a mile from here, a Mangal is Turkish / Kurdish for a brazier, so a charcoal grill restaurant. But the food described sounds different
And according to Fay Maschler certainly is
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Badger's mate » February 23rd, 2020, 10:57 pm

I was tipped off about Black Axe Mangal (which I've been mispronouncing as 'mangle') when I looked up The Book of St John. 'Customers who viewed this item also viewed' the BAM book. Having looked at the link I can now see the connection. I wouldn't mind trying it. I was at the Union Chapel on Friday, didn't realise it was just around the corner :rolleyes:
Badger's mate
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 24th, 2020, 7:59 am

Jay’s reviewed it too.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/j ... ohn-legacy

Unless I was dining on my own I’m afraid the noise would put me off but the food looks wonderful.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » February 26th, 2020, 10:15 am

Wargarden. The difference between American and British restaurant critics. jay Rayner is one of our best.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/f ... jay-rayner
Pepper Pig
Registered

Return to The Kitchen